Re: Excalibur Fantasy Faire (Free Tickets)

  • patnmcrack
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
      http://excaliburfaire.com/

      Pat'n

      --- In Renfolks@y..., "Beth Bush" <signagcy@t...> wrote:
      > Could someone pass on the Excalibur Web Site again? I missed it
      and am in
      > need of a ren faire fix!
      >
      > Troy, Barbarian Princess

      Somerset Gazette
      > (Free Tickets)
      >
      > Jewels,
      >
      > Many thanks for the web site for the free Excalibur passes. I went
      > the site and gave my information and requested 4 passes for the 2
      > weekends me and Arie will be out at Excalibur.
      >
      > We'll be at Excalibur the weekends of:
      >
      > 15-17 March (2nd weekend of faire) and
      >
      > 29-31 March (4th/last weekend of faire).
      >
      > T-minus 9 weeks until Excalibur begins!!!!
      >
      > I look forward to receiving the newsletter:)
      >
      > Lilith
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=216105.1806326.3318126.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      057675
      lrec/postholidaygroup/*http://shopping.yahoo
      > .com/domain?d=holiday&cf=posthol01>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
    • April Brownlee
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
        Another (possibly) silly question - how do you know
        that you actually got the passes? We requested a few
        and didn't get a confirmation or anything...it's not
        that big of a deal, I guess (I was planning on getting
        season passes anyway), but it'd be nice to know if
        they actually got the info I sent, and if I'm actually
        going to get the tickets...you know? Anyone else
        dealt with this before?

        Arianda

        --- Beth Bush <signagcy@...> wrote:
        > Could someone pass on the Excalibur Web Site again?
        > I missed it and am in
        > need of a ren faire fix!
        >
        > Troy, Barbarian Princess

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • Bast MacPolk
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
          Well, after you click submit, it returns a page that
          says you are registered for tickets. Not sure if that
          means you actually get them or if you're just
          registered for a drawing.
          Is there anyone that knows for sure?
          Bast

          =====
          Bast Herself
          AOLIM: bastherself
          Yahoo: bastmacpolk
          Pictures: http://www.pbase.com/bast

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • Windy Smith
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
            Doesn't sound silly to me, I've been wondering myself.
            Momma Windy

            --- Beth Bush <signagcy@...> wrote:
            > Could someone pass on the Excalibur Web Site again?
            > I missed it and am in
            > need of a ren faire fix!
            >
            > Troy, Barbarian Princess

          • Marc Gunn, Bard
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
              >Well, after you click submit, it returns a page that
              >says you are registered for tickets. Not sure if that
              >means you actually get them or if you're just
              >registered for a drawing.
              >Is there anyone that knows for sure?

              I know for sure since I maintain the site.

              What happens is your name is added to a database. I'll send you a
              confirmation in a few days. You print the confirmation. The database will be
              printed out before the faire. Take the confirmation to the gate, and redeem
              your free tickets.

              FYI. The reason the faire decided to do this is to greatly boost the number
              of people that attend the faire. So please, please, please, tell you
              friends, family, co-workers, school-mates and whomever to head over to the
              website to get their free passes to the faire.

              We want an incredible year? Thanks!
              http://www.ExcaliburFaire.com/

              MARC GUNN, BARD Brobdingnagian Bards
              http://thebards.net ** http://mp3.com/thebards?em
              A bard by any other name...has a shorter name!

              ** GREAT CELTIC CD GIVEAWAY **
              http://www.CelticMP3s.com

              Free Music Promo Tips http://www.BardsCrier.com
              Sell More CDs Online http://www.BardsCrier.com/cdstreet/

            • April Brownlee
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
                --- "Marc Gunn, Bard" <marc@...> wrote:
                > I know for sure since I maintain the site.
                >
                > What happens is your name is added to a database.
                > I'll send you a
                > confirmation in a few days. You print the
                > confirmation. The database will be
                > printed out before the faire. Take the confirmation
                > to the gate, and redeem
                > your free tickets.

                Sounds good. Exactly how many days til the
                confirmation, though? I think I may have done
                something wrong.....

                > FYI. The reason the faire decided to do this is to
                > greatly boost the number
                > of people that attend the faire. So please, please,
                > please, tell you
                > friends, family, co-workers, school-mates and
                > whomever to head over to the
                > website to get their free passes to the faire.

                Just told everyone I work with. Got at least 1 guy
                that's very interested!

                April

                http://greetings.yahoo.com
              • Enchantress, the DarkfyreFey
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
                  Marc wrote:

                  > What happens is your name is added to a database. I'll send you a
                  > confirmation in a few days. You print the confirmation.

                  Hmmm.... oddly enough, I don't recall getting a confirmation some months
                  back after submitting the information requested. =/ Do you think there
                  might have been a glitch at the time? Should I repeat the process in order
                  to ensure that my name is, indeed, added to the database?

                  Thanks,
                  Enchantress
                • Marc Gunn, Bard