Re: Fwd: Sad News - Member of Garrison Passed Away

  • discgolfer14849@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
      I Rigor Mortis , Never wish too see one of us fall under the creation
      of my own name sake and i feel great sorrow for a fallen brother. I
      may not have have been a personal friend , but i feel a loss. My
      deepest condolences to the family of our lost .
      Michael Cerny
      Respectifully, Rigor Mortis
      P.S. I love My ren family as if i had grown from birth with them.

      --- In Renfolks@y..., tygre316@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 10/31/01 9:08:35 PM Central Standard Time,
      > lilith@w... writes:
      >

      > > We all express our sincere sorrow at the loss of Jodie aka
      Phineas.

      > me and mine send our prayers as well!!!lady tygre
    • Angie Smith
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
        which was phineas? someone describe him please or if u have a pic.
        Chambers
        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

      • Wolfman
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
          Lillith,

          thank you for passing this news on. I finally got to
          know Jody this year when the garrison allowed me to
          fire off their cannon (or attempted to fire it as the
          case may be)

          Even in the short time that I got to know him, I know
          that my life was enhanced, and I will truly miss him.

          I know that New Years and Next years Hawkwood opening
          are both a ways off, but it would be nice if everybody
          could do something to show that we remember him, and
          will miss him at both of these times.

          Cuthbert MacStan
          IBRSC #418
          Vampyre Hunter
          Ren Merc #442
          BOOM-BOOM!

          --- Robbie Sheehy <lilith@...> wrote:
          > This sad news was just e-mailed to me by Julie of
          > The Garrison Group.
          >
          > We all express our sincere sorrow at the loss of
          > Jodie aka Phineas.
          >
          > Lilith
          >
          > From Julie aka Fiona:
          >
          > > There is some sad news with the Garrison. Jodie
          > Phipps, aka Phineas,
          > > the Sherrif of the group, was killed in a car
          > accident on Monday in
          > > Muskogee. The funeral will be on Friday.
          > >
          > > Please help me pass the word. I know there were a
          > lot at Hawkwood
          > > that shared some of his Loki with him or sat in
          > the Blue Bus to chat!
          > >
          > > Julie
          > > aka Fiona

          http://personals.yahoo.com
        • Cherry, The Lifesaver
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
            I didn't know their names, but I did know all of them by face. Which
            one was he? This is terrible. Was it the older guy. Greyish hair?
            Cherry

            --- In Renfolks@y..., Robbie Sheehy <lilith@w...> wrote:
            > This sad news was just e-mailed to me by Julie of The Garrison
            Group.

            > We all express our sincere sorrow at the loss of Jodie aka Phineas.
            >
            > Lilith
            >
            > From Julie aka Fiona:
            >
            > > There is some sad news with the Garrison. Jodie Phipps, aka
            Phineas,
            > > the Sherrif of the group, was killed in a car accident on Monday
            in
            > > Muskogee. The funeral will be on Friday.
            > >
            > > Please help me pass the word. I know there were a lot at Hawkwood
            > > that shared some of his Loki with him or sat in the Blue Bus to
            chat!

            > > Julie
            > > aka Fiona
          • Wolfman
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
              Yes,

              Jody was the one who had the long grey hair, beard and
              mustache, and a smile that was very infectious.

              we're looking through the pics we took this year, and
              can't find one yet.

              Cuthbert

              --- "Cherry, The Lifesaver"
              <hippler@...> wrote:
              > I didn't know their names, but I did know all of
              > them by face. Which
              > one was he? This is terrible. Was it the older
              > guy. Greyish hair?
              > Cherry
              >
              > --- In Renfolks@y..., Robbie Sheehy <lilith@w...>
              > wrote:
              > > This sad news was just e-mailed to me by Julie of
              > The Garrison
              > Group.
              > >
              > > We all express our sincere sorrow at the loss of
              > Jodie aka Phineas.
              > >
              > > Lilith
              > >
              > > From Julie aka Fiona:
              > >
              > > > There is some sad news with the Garrison. Jodie
              > Phipps, aka
              > Phineas,
              > > > the Sherrif of the group, was killed in a car
              > accident on Monday
              > in
              > > > Muskogee. The funeral will be on Friday.
              > > >
              > > > Please help me pass the word. I know there were
              > a lot at Hawkwood
              > > > that shared some of his Loki with him or sat in
              > the Blue Bus to
              > chat!
              > > >
              > > > Julie
              > > > aka Fiona

              http://personals.yahoo.com
            • Angie Smith
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                maybe he would be in some of those of my bday lashing, there was one there that fit that description.
                Chambers
                I want to know if you can be alone with yourself, and if you truly like the company
                you keep in the empty moments.

              • bob
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                  jodie had a quick and easy smile and an infectious laugh - a manner
                  that instantly made you feel at ease and welcomed. he was a gentle
                  yet strong and wise leader for the garrison. i will miss him and
                  remember him fondly.

                  bob

                  parting is all we know of heaven and all we need of hell.

                • ImStation@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                    Chambers, wasn't he one of the ones that was trying to arrest Stormbringer?
                    The nice older man?

                    It saddens me to know that such a wonderful life was cut short. My
                    condolences to his family in this time of sorrow.

                    Deborah
                    ~Luna~
                  • Angie Smith
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                      that is what i am thinking , and also was at my bday flogging, want arie or lilith to look thru pics of that, he also sat by us at spoonfed one night.
                      Chambers
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
                       - but by the moments that take our breath away.
                    • ImStation@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                        He was a wonderful person. Very friendly and charming smile. He's the one
                        we're thinking of.

                        Luna
                      • Boo Bunky
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                          Was he heavy set or slender?

                        • jangles.faire@att.net
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                            Cherry wrote;
                            > I didn't know their names, but I did know all of them
                            > by face. Which one was he? This is terrible. Was it
                            > the older guy. Greyish hair?

                            Jodie, aka Phineas, had greying hair, beard & mustache,
                            eyes that always seemed a bit squinted (either from not
                            wearing his glasses in Faire or due to his enormous smile
                            crowding them off the center of his face) a portly
                            profile caused by sharing more meals & drinks than were
                            probably good for him (but with so many friends, what
                            could he do?), and hands that were always strong, tender,
                            & warm enough to shake a new hand, lift a friend who
                            stumbled, or massage away an old pain.

                            He was a well loved friend. I will miss him more than I
                            can say.

                            His wife is the business manager for the Garrison. She
                            wears a blue dress at Faire, and has the same problem of
                            a smile that tries to push her eyes off the top of her
                            face.

                            Jodie's son came to Hawkwood for the first time this
                            year. He is a fine young man with much of his father
                            showing in his face nad his ready friendliness. I hope we
                            get to see him again next year.

                            Jangles
                          • tygre316@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                              In a message dated 11/1/01 2:31:12 AM Central Standard Time, discgolfer14849@... writes:

                              I Rigor Mortis , Never wish too see one of us fall under the creation
                              of my own name sake and i feel great sorrow for a fallen brother. I
                              may not have have been a personal friend , but i feel a loss. My
                              deepest condolences to the family of our lost .
                              Michael Cerny
                              Respectifully, Rigor Mortis
                              P.S. I love My ren family as if i had grown from birth with them.

                              Well said Rigor!!!Lady Tygre
                            • Geilenda
                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 1, 2001
                                --- In Renfolks@y..., Robbie Sheehy <lilith@w...> wrote:
                                > This sad news was just e-mailed to me by Julie of The Garrison
                                Group.

                                > We all express our sincere sorrow at the loss of Jodie aka Phineas.
                                >
                                > Lilith
                                >
                                > From Julie aka Fiona:
                                >
                                > > There is some sad news with the Garrison. Jodie Phipps, aka
                                Phineas,
                                > > the Sherrif of the group, was killed in a car accident on Monday
                                in
                                > > Muskogee. The funeral will be on Friday.
                                > >
                                > > Please help me pass the word. I know there were a lot at Hawkwood
                                > > that shared some of his Loki with him or sat in the Blue Bus to
                                chat!

                                > > Julie
                                > > aka Fiona

                                Thank you, Lilith. My family is greatly saddened, and our hearts go
                                out to the family. Raven and Ian got close to the Garrison this year.

                                Geilenda, Raven and Ian