New member

  • summergrl1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2000
      Hi to all:)
      My name is Sandy and I am very new to all of the Rennissance things.My
      very first Faire will be coming up here in July at the Silver Springs
      Faire in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
      Do they sell great looking costumes? Also how do you join a guild and
      how do you go about choosing a name?
      I hope I can get a better understanding of this all.Nice to be here:)
      Thanks,Sandy
    • sturmritter_tx@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2001
        Hello, Sandy
        I was in Silver Leaf in Kalamazoo last year with Noble Cause, the
        joust troupe there. Unfortunately, I won't be there this year but
        will be jousting in Colorado. If you run into the jousters there tell
        Rick (sir Richard,) Danny (Sir Malcolm,) and Vargas high from Fred
        (Wilhelm von Eschenbach) I'll be marshalling and jousting at the
        Colorado Faire , which happens at the same time of year.

        "Lutes and viols harmonize
        in elegant and courtly wise;
        thus bade by his Imperial might
        have I produced this fair delight,
        blending these tuneful instruments
        as well befits such great events.

        And now melodious music springs
        from multifarious hums of strings.
        By Emperor's wish the members are
        the drum, the lute, the sweet guitar
        and harps and fifes both small and large.
        To lead this consort is my charge.

        The Emperor's heart at all times
        toward heights of knightly virtue climbs,
        and so with all his will and might,
        he cherishes each loyal knight
        who fearlessly his life will yield
        to serve him in the battlefield.

        The worthy soldiers in every war
        with knightly spirit hunger for
        fame everlasting and honors grand
        through the Emperor's counsel and command.
        And so his praise is justly sung
        by rich by poor, by old and young.

        With knightly joy, as you will note,
        The art of fencing I did promote
        With axe and halberd, staff and sword,
        As it did please my royal Lord;
        All done by rule and properly
        So the true basis you will see.

        Much of his time was nobly spent
        In the true knightly tournament,
        Asource of valor and elation;
        Therefore, upon his instigation,
        With knightly spirit and bold heart
        I have improved this fighting art.

        Always promoting new advances
        In jousting with hooked or pointed lances,
        Thanks to His Highness, I unfurled
        Skills never seen in all the world.
        These jousts and novel styles and ways
        have earned for me great fame and praise.

        With skill this wagon barricade
        I formed in the field, as here displayed,
        Circling and closing in the swiftest way
        So none of the men would go astray.
        Inside now are ercted tents
        and other martial monuments.

        The baggage train and army's gear,
        guarded by those who now appear,
        I led in order excellent.
        My efforts were quite evident.
        I kept the army fully free
        from pilferage and thievery.

        Upon the Emperor's request
        I made my joyous interest
        The furthance of masquerades
        with all of art and humor's aids.
        -But no licentiousness: instead
        my wit is knightly and well bred.

        Assiduously always I did try
        to keep troubadours and jesters in supply,
        Always to furnish the merriest jest-
        To this one end I did my best.
        And from my diligent employment
        The Emperor derives enjoyment."

        -"The Triumphs of Maximillian I"

        Fred Serna
        a.k.a. Wilhelm Friedrich Sebastian Heironymus Bonn von Eschenbach,
        troubadour and Captain, Raven's Hall Armoury Guard
        http://www.geocities.com/sturmritter_tx/index.html