The 7th Annual Renaissance Symposium & Workshops

  • Marti Miernik
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2009
      All,
      Please forgive me if you get this more than once...

      It's time to come together to learn from each other and share ideas to help
      make for a better Renaissance Faire experience. To be held at the Modesto
      Doubletree on February 6th-8th, a weekend long workshop & symposium geared
      toward faire participants, vendors, and playtrons. Basically for anyone
      interested in learning about fitting into the Renaissance atmosphere.

      Any guilds wishing to apply to attend any of the 2009 RenProd events (Golden
      Gate, Valhalla, Livermore, Willits, Shasta, or Ardenwood) as well as
      Calaveras Celtic in Sonora, SLO, and Willits will be required to have at
      least 10 percent of their submitted gatelist (rounded up) members attend the
      Renaissance Symposium. In addition, each guild will have to chime in on how
      they¹re working with their members to help improve/polish/extend/maintain
      their presentation. It¹s not like this is a difficult number to achieve (a
      20 person roster would only need to send 2 people to meet the requirement),
      but it¹s a start. Multi-guild workshops and experiences like the symposium
      do more than just drop cliff notes into people¹s heads; they bring the
      community together to help the groups learn more about each other and
      practicing together to help improve on the illusion that we¹re all part of
      village.

      We¹re cutting off class submissions this week and will have the final class
      schedule available for all by the end of next week. Please keep an eye on
      http://rensymposium.com/ for more information and a list of current class
      listings.

      If people have any questions, please feel free top drop a note to Marti
      (marti@...) or (bill@...).

      Marti Miernik
      408.506.6499
      marti@...