Acadiana Medieval Faire February Update

  • acadianafaire
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      In this Update:

      Space Still Available for School Pilgrimage
      Acadiana Medieval Faire Winner in 2006 Renaissance Festival Awards
      Welcome to New Merchants
      Welcome to New Sponsors
      Site Improvements
      Advance Tickets Available at Discount

      Space Still Available for our Special School Pilgrimage

      Take your students on a pilgrimage back in time to the medieval world
      of Geoffrey Chaucer. On their Pilgrimage your students will get to
      meet and interact with characters such as the Knight, the Wife of
      Bath or the Prioress from Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Our special
      school Pilgrimage to Chaucer's England will be open to grade levels
      1 - 6 from 9:00AM to 2:00PM on Monday April 2, 2007 and for grade
      levels 7 -12 on Tuesday April 3, 2007 . To maintain a safe
      environment for children, the Pilgrimage to Chaucer's England will
      not be open to the general public. Admission is $6.00 per person.
      Space is still available on both days. Reservation forms available on
      our website at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/education.htm

      Acadiana Medieval Faire Winner in 2006 Renaissance Festival Awards

      The Acadiana Medieval faire would like to thank all of its patrons
      for voting it one of the top 5 new Renaissance Festivals in the
      United States on the Renaissance Festival Podcast:
      http://www.renaissancefestivalmusic.com/awards/ Other Acts appearing
      at the second annual Acadiana Medieval Faire that made the Rankings
      in their categories include: The Bedlam Bards (#1), Hobgoblin Hill
      Puppets (#1), Midnight Lotus Dance Troop (#5), and the Knights of
      Valour (#3).

      Welcome to our New Merchants

      I would like to extend a warm welcome to our newest craftsmen: Pine
      Box Traders, White Wolf and the Phoenix, Baubles and Bangels, Shades
      of Art, Bawdy Linens, Purgatory Iron works, and Medieval Fantasies,
      Big Pines Armoury, Ye Steady Hands, Lady Barbara, Annwyn's Archery,
      Fanta C. Creations, Black Domminia, and The Medieval Market. These
      exceptional craftsmen will be joining our wonderful family returning
      from last year. We continue to receive merchant applications and will
      be announcing even more additions in our March update.

      Welcome to our New Sponsors

      The Acadiana Medieval Faire would like to welcome its new media
      partners Cox Media and KQIS/KBEB/KSIG radio. Radio spots began on
      Feb. 26 on KSIG Radio and are scheduled to begin on KQIS and KBEB on
      March 10. All three radio stations will be running ticket give away
      contests, so tune your radios for a chance to win free tickets to the
      Faire! TV adds will be running throughout Acadiana starting March 4
      on COX Cable.

      Site Improvements

      With the help of our dedicated crew of volunteers, we have been able
      to move the village of Canterbury into the shade. For the past month
      our volunteer crews have been cutting and clearing a new area in the
      enchanted wooded area at the back of the property. If you would like
      to help build an exciting new faire email: info@...

      Advance Tickets Available at Discount

      Advance tickets are now available through our website. Advance Adult
      tickets are $10.00 and advance child tickets are $7.00. These prices
      include free shipping. To order your tickets online go to:
      http://www.acadianafaire.org/tickets.htm