LRF - Starts Saturday!

  • Rick Hight
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hi everyone!
      We are now only one day from opening! Huzzuh!!!!!

      Things are looking great at the Renaissance Festival. The huge warhorses have been practicing for the Joust, the birds of prey have been flying around the site, the camels and ponies are ready to give rides, and the white tigers are onsite. We have over 200 people onsite right now getting ready to make the 2006 Louisiana Renaissance Festival the best year in our history!

      I have had several questions sent to me by email over the past few days, so I decided to compile a quick FAQ list to share information with everyone.

      1. Are you looking for booth workers? Yes! We have almost a dozen booth that are looking for workers for the season. If you are interested in working for one of the booths, come by the site today and we will get you in touch with some of the folks looking for employees.

      2. Is it too late to bring my class for the Student Day program? We still have plenty of room on all three of our Student Days. For more information and to make your reservation, visit www.larf.org/education or give us a call at 985-429-9992.

      3. Do you have any discounts for Scout troops? We have a special Educational Rate that we offer to school sponsored groups, scouts and other youth groups. If you would like more information please email me at rick@... with information about your group and I will let you know what we can do.

      4. What is the Wine Tasting and how to I get tickets?
      http://www.larf.org/festival/winetasting.asp is a link to information about the wine tasting event. You can order tickets at:
      https://secure.la-renfest.com/shopcart/Products.aspx?cat=3. As of right now there are only two seats remaining for this Saturday and only five remaining for next Saturday!

      5. When is the Renaissance Festival? We are open every weekend for the next six weekends from 10am until 5pm. We are also open the Friday after Thanksgiving for our three day weekend.

      6. How large is the Renaissance Festival? We actually own 100 acres of land, with about 20 acres being used for the park. We have seven stages, almost 100 merchants, and over 300 people on our cast and crew. It is definitely an all day event!

      7. How do you get to the Renaissance Festival? http://www.larf.org/directions has maps and directions to the site. We are located at 46468 River Road, Hammond LA 70401. We are 1 mile north of Hammond High School, and 12 minutes from the I-12/I-55 interchange.

      8. Who can come, and how much does it cost? We are open to the public, so everyone is invited to attend our show. Tickets are $12 for adults and $7 for kids and include admission to all the shows.

      9. Do you have the schedule for this weekend? http://www.larf.org/festival/W1Schedule.asp is the schedule for this weekends shows.

      If you have any questions that I missed, feel free to ask! Have a great day, and I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

      Rick Hight
      Louisiana Renaissance Festival

      This message originally addressed to: RenaissanceFaires2@yahoogroups.com