On our Home Scroll this Month

  • LordCygnusX@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      Glad Tidings, Huzzah, and Welcome, Good Gentles All,

      We have so many new additions to our populace here and we are so
      pleased to have you all joining in our merry gathering. I would like
      to take this time to welcome you all! We have unique group with
      members from all across the country as well as internationally. Our
      group takes pride in having such a diverse membership of interesting,
      highly active and knowledgeable online community, so you can be
      almost certain that there are some club members who attend the
      Renaissance Faires in your own areas. My Lords and Ladies, please do
      your best to make our new members feel at home here among us!

      We have so many new additions to our populace here and we are so
      pleased to have you all joining in our merry gathering. I would like
      to take this time to welcome you all! We have unique group with
      members from all across the country as well as internationally. Our
      group takes pride in having such a diverse membership of interesting,
      highly active and knowledgeable online community, so you can be
      almost certain that there are some club members who attend the
      Renaissance Faires in your own areas. My Lords and Ladies, please do
      your best to make our new members feel at home here among us!

      Our featured spotlight member fills the space on yonder blank
      parchment of our home scroll! Those who are of a mind to provide
      images for our honored spotlight, be they of yourself, your family,
      or your "furry", "feathered" or "scaled" children, feel free to
      dispatch an e-missive to my humble self...

      LordCygnusX@...

      This month, we are going to do something a little different. Usually,
      the members whose personas are spotlighted are historically based. We
      do, however, have quite few members whose characters are more
      fantastical in nature. So, in order that these members can also
      have their moment in the spotlight, this month we are having our
      first spotlighted non-human character, but hopefully not the last. So
      if you are a fairy, a troll, an orc, an elf, or what have you, please
      feel free to contact me.

      Our spotlighted Elven member of the month for April, 2004, is the
      noble Lasgalen. Here is what she has to say about how this character
      came to be."I've been costuming for about three years, got started
      because I wanted to wear something LotR-ish for Halloween. Then
      I realized I needed more "accessories" for my costume, so I made all
      of my friends costumes. I'm truely not much of a player
      or 'cosplayer' in some circles), I'm more interested in the crafting
      of the costume itself - I enjoy costuming because you get to do a
      variety of things. This costume was a blast because I had to do,
      besides sewing, woodworking and some metal work for the knives,
      leathercrafting, and I learned to fletch arrows, all new stuff to
      me. My home faire is the Holly, MI faire, even though I'm from Ohio.
      I've been going there for over 10 years, but I've only gone in garb
      for the past two - strictly patron. I don't know if this counts for
      your Ren Faire group, but I worked my first fantasy faire last
      summer as.. well, set decoration, really. I guarded the fairy queen
      at the Fremont, OH Fantasy Faire. I've have pictures of all my LotR
      costumes here:
      http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/index.html "

      Even now we have quite a few members lining up for the next few
      months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members. If you would
      like to be featured thusly as well, then please contact me.

      Please be sure to make full use of our link listings and feel free to
      examine all the past postings. Know that you are free to invite any
      of your circle or friendly companions that you feel would enjoy our
      happy little assembly.

      I thank thee one and all for your time, humbly yours,

      ~Lord Cygnus

      Moderator for Yahoo E-Groups - Renaissance Faires - Guilds, Troupes,
      and Fans of Renaissance Faires.

    • LordCygnusX@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 29 7:29 AM
        Glad Tidings, Huzzah, and Welcome, Good Gentles All,

        We have so many new additions to our populace here and we are so
        pleased to have you all joining in our merry gathering. I would like
        to take this time to welcome you all! We have unique group with
        members from all across the country as well as internationally. Our
        group takes pride in having such a diverse, interesting,
        highly active and knowledgeable online community, so you can be
        almost certain that there are some club members who attend the
        Renaissance Faires in your own areas. My Lords and Ladies, please do
        your best to make our new members feel at home here among us!

        Our spotlight member fills the space on yonder blank
        parchment of our home scroll! Those who are of a mind to provide
        images for our honored spotlight, be they of yourself, your family,
        or your "furry", "feathered" or "scaled" children, feel free to
        dispatch an e-missive to my humble self. Also remember that our
        member for April, 2004, was our first spotlighted non-human
        character, but hopefully not the last. So if you are a fairy, a
        troll, an orc, an elf, or what have you, please feel free to contact
        me...

        LordCygnusX@...

        Last month, I was completely overwhelmed with all the various
        drudgery I was doing for a Master's level course that I was
        taking in Education and didn't have any free time for much of
        anything else. I am now taking a respit from my matriculations, so I
        should have adequate time to devote to the group, at least for the
        time. I did have members queued up to spotlight members for May,
        June, and July, but after the initial contact, I heard no more from
        these fine gentlefolk. If those of you of whom I speak still wish to
        grace us with your fine likenesses, please contact me once more.

        Our spotlighted member of the month for June, 2004, is the beautiful
        and noble Lady Mier from San Jose, California. She is a member of the
        Saint Marien's guild and they present historic events and the way of
        life of Prussian and Polish aristocrats of the mid-1500s. They re-
        create the lifestyle of traveling noblemen of the era: the people,
        ideas and passions of the times. Their talented cast combines
        theatrical skills with historic research to bring a small piece of
        Renaissance court life to visitors of Renaissance-themed events.

        Saint Marien's calendar of events for 2004:

        http://www.stmariens.com/calendar.asp

        Remember, we haven't anyone scheduled yet for next month or for
        the next few months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members.
        If you would like to be featured thusly as well, then please contact
        me.

        Please be sure to make full use of our link listings and feel free to
        examine all the past postings. Know that you are free to invite any
        of your circle or friendly companions that you feel would enjoy our
        happy little assembly.

        I thank thee one and all for your time, humbly yours,

        ~Lord Cygnus

        Moderator for Yahoo E-Groups - Renaissance Faires - Guilds, Troupes,
        and Fans of Renaissance Faires.

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
          --- In RenaissanceFaires2@yahoogroups.com, LordCygnusX@A... wrote:
          > Glad Tidings, Huzzah, and Welcome, Good Gentles All,
          >
          > Our spotlighted member of the month for June, 2004, is the beautiful
          > and noble Lady Mier from San Jose, California. She is a member of the
          > Saint Marien's Guild.

          Wiwat Pani Mier! Wiwat Saint Marien's Guild!

          Witamy!

          Good to see Polish Nobility!

          Olde Richard
        • Pan R. Suligowski
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
            I second the Cheer!
            Wiwat Pani Mier & St. Marien's!!!
            Rik Suligowski Fox/Rotmistrz/
            Suligowski's Regiment of the Polish Commonwealth

            --- In RenaissanceFaires2@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <ducterRP@n...>

          • LordCygnusX@AOL.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2004
[...]

              Our spotlighted member of the month for July, 2004, is the noble Rev.
              Warflight the Wrong, of Broca Flats, California. He is Bard #336 of
              the Bards' guild, and a member of the Order of John Barleycorn.
              Because no one requested to be considered for our spotlight, and as
              Warflight is an active and well-liked member of our community, he was
              hand-selected to be our spotlighted member this month.

              Remember, we haven't anyone scheduled yet for next month or for
              the next few months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members.
              If you would like to be featured thusly as well, (it matters not how
              long you may have been a member) feel free to contact me.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2004
                Glad Tidings, Huzzah, and Welcome, Good Gentles All,

                Sorry that I am running a bit late this month, I am delighted that we
                have so many new additions to our populace here and we are so pleased
                to have you all joining in our merry gathering. I would like to take
                this time to welcome you all! We have unique group with members from
                all across the country as well as internationally. Our group takes
                pride in having such a diverse, interesting, highly active and
                knowledgeable online community, so you can be almost certain that
                there are some club members who attend the Renaissance Faires in your
                own areas. My Lords and Ladies, please do your best to make our new
                members feel at home here among us!

                Our spotlight member fills the space on yonder blank
                parchment of our home scroll! Those who are of a mind to provide
                images for our honored spotlight, be they of yourself, your family,
                or your "furry", "feathered" or "scaled" children, feel free to
                dispatch an e-missive to my humble self. Also remember that our
                member for April, 2004, was our first spotlighted non-human
                character, but hopefully not the last. So if you are a fairy, a
                troll, an orc, an elf, or what have you, please feel free to contact
                me...

                LordCygnusX@...

                Our spotlighted member of the month for August, 2004, is the gallant
                knight Lloyd Clark of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. He is the Joust Director
                at the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Kenosha, Wisconsin. He is a
                member of the Knights of Azurecross, the Knights of Valour, the Ordre
                of ye Blak Pryns, the Knights of Gloriana and the elite troupe of
                King's Champions. He is the United States' and World's Champion in
                the Sport of Full Contact Jousting.

                Here's a link to their US & Canada Tournament Jousting Schedule
                for
                2004:

                http://www.angelfire.com/wi2/xtremejousting/5.html

                Many new Tournaments are being proposed – check back often for an
                updated schedule.

                Next month, our spotlighted member of the month will be the noble
                Lord Magnus.

                Remember, we haven't anyone scheduled yet for October or for the next
                few months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members. If you
                would like to be featured thusly as well, (it matters not how long
                you may have been a member) feel free to contact me.

                Please be sure to make full use of our link listings in our Map Room
                and place up your own homepages or other fun and useful links. Feel

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 31, 2004
[...]

                  Our spotlighted member of the month for September 2004, is the Noble
                  Lord Magnus of Corrieon his attends many faires but considers his
                  home Faire to be the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin. He has
                  been Attending Faires for 10 years as a Patron (playtron), this is
                  all for fun with Lord Magnus. He is a Ren-Merc, a member of the
                  Rogue's Guild, and also Knight Commander of his own group the Free
                  Company of Outlander Mercenaries.

                  His website URL is: http://www.lrdmagnus.com/

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 1, 2004
                    Glad Tidings, Huzzah, and Welcome, Good Gentles All,

                    Welcome to fall. I am delighted that we have so many new additions to
                    our populace here and we are so pleased to have you all joining in
                    our merry gathering. I would like to take this time to welcome you
                    all! We have unique group with members from all across the country as
                    well as internationally. Our group takes pride in having such a
                    diverse, interesting, highly active and knowledgeable online
                    community, so you can be almost certain that there are some club
                    members who attend the Renaissance Faires in your own areas. My Lords
                    and Ladies, please do your best to make our new members feel at home
                    here among us!

                    Our spotlight member fills the space on yonder blank parchment of our
                    home scroll! Those who are of a mind to provide images for our
                    honored spotlight, be they of yourself, your family,
                    or your "furry", "feathered" or "scaled" children, feel free to
                    dispatch an e-missive to my humble self. Also remember that our
                    member for April 2004, was our first spotlighted non-human
                    character, but hopefully not the last. So if you are a fairy, a
                    troll, an orc, an elf, or what have you, please feel free to contact
                    me...

                    LordCygnusX@...

                    Our spotlighted member of the month October 2004 is the Lady Amber
                    Leagha, a newcomer to our group who just joined us August 17th 2004.
                    She started attending Renaissance Festivals ten years ago at Texas
                    Renaissance Festival and since having moved, now considers the
                    Oklahoma Renaissance Faire her home faire. She has worked at Texas
                    Renaissance Festival one season as a "muffaletta wench", but now
                    attends most faires as a playtron. You can usually find her as a
                    Scottish wench at Oklahoma Renaissance Faire, Texas Renaissance
                    Festival, Norman Medieval Faire and Excalibur Fantasy Faire. She has
                    carried her love of Ren Faires over to the next generation by getting
                    her five year old son involved, and he loves it! She also wanted to
                    add that she is active in local theatre and loves meeting new people
                    at faires. Come up and say hello!

                    Remember, we haven't anyone scheduled yet for November or for the
                    next few months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members. So
                    please if you are interested, be you from the West coast, East coast,
                    Northern or Southern United States, or anywhere else. If you would