Re: Well met, one and all!

  • renmaiden_lady_lucrecia
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
      Nay, tis only my Faire name. I based it off my crazy distant Italian
      relative... My persona is NOT based on her! Just the name! My last
      name, Alvarez-Borja, is actually my real mother's maiden name. My
      real name is Pamela... pretty boring if you ask me :b

      ~Lucrezia Alvarez-Borja, Duchess of Valencia

      > Hail & well met...
      > in Gaidligh - Feilte or Welcome
      > to the Faire group.
      > I have an ancestor with the name Lucrecia.
      > Is that your real name or faire name?
      > Slainte
    • Jackadocius
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
        The name Lucrecia in my family is a past 11th generation Scott.
        I wonder where that name derives?
        What is your persona? I am a Scot
        Speaking of Italy,
        I have always loved Roman history. That would be the koolest
        thing to attend a Roman Circus Maximus / Faire type thingy...
        With gladiators, chariots & togas etc.

        renmaiden_lady_lucrecia <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        Nay, tis only my Faire name. I based it off my crazy distant Italian relative... My persona is NOT based on her! Just the name! My last
        name, Alvarez-Borja, is actually my real mother's maiden name. My
        real name is Pamela... pretty boring if you ask me :b

        ~Lucrezia Alvarez-Borja, Duchess of Valencia

        > Is that your real name or faire name?
        > Slainte

        Jackadocius Valarius Scotach
        http://www.clanscot.org
        aka Varicose the Vain - Musician & Artist
        http://www.clanscot.org/jd.htm
        71% Bastard, 29% Ale
        http://test3.thespark.com/bastardtest/
        "Keep the pints a tippin & the gils a sippin!"

      • renmaiden_lady_lucrecia
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
          My Yahoo ID says "Lucrecia" but I had decided to change it
          to "Lucrezia" a few months after I created this account... Was too
          lazy to make a new account with the spelling change ^^;

          My persona is actually from Spain. She's the Duchess of Valencia,
          Spain. Her mother was from Italy, and her father was from Spain. I
          don't have many details about their history (everyone in my persona's
          history is original, not based on true people of the past...)

          A Faire-type event full of people in togas... Not a bad thought
          *laughs*

          ~Lucrezia A.B.

          > The name Lucrecia in my family is a past 11th generation Scott.
          > I wonder where that name derives?
          > What is your persona? I am a Scot
          > Speaking of Italy,
          > I have always loved Roman history. That would be the koolest
          > thing to attend a Roman Circus Maximus / Faire type thingy...
          > With gladiators, chariots & togas etc.
        • Richard
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
            Welcome Dutchess Lucrezia,

            Wow, in some of your garb you look like a saint! Good to see Spain
            represented.

            Do you make your own garb?

            Take a trip to Ca someday and you will meet a good percentage of the
            people in this group.

            Stary Ryszard (Olde Richard) of Suligowski's Regiment.
          • Jackadocius
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2004
              I have a new persona that is pretty extensive.
              Send me a private email & I'll email you a copy.
              It is quite entertaining.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2004
                > Welcome Dutchess Lucrezia,
                >
                > Wow, in some of your garb you look like a saint! Good to see Spain
                > represented.

                Thank you for the compliments! There are so few noticable Spaniards
                out here, and since I am part Spanish, it seemed appropriate for my
                persona.

                > Do you make your own garb?

                I worked on the red-gold court dress with a friend, and I have
                created a few other things, but not much else. I'm into a lot of
                blackworking right now. Quite fun!

                > Take a trip to Ca someday and you will meet a good percentage of
                the
                > people in this group.
                >
                > Stary Ryszard (Olde Richard) of Suligowski's Regiment.

                I have heard that there are many Spaniards at the Faires out there.
                *sigh* California is just so far away, I doubt I shall ever make it
                out that way. At the very least, it is my main goal to make it out
                to Bristol before I die!

                ~The Duchess of Valencia