Re: Digest Number 38

  • lord_cygnus1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      Speaking of movies about faires, you all might be interested in
      hearing about...

      Keepers of the Kingdom
      The new documentary by Christopher Gomersall explores the unique
      individuals who bring renaissance fantasy to life in their pursuit of
      freedom and brotherhood. This 24 minute portrait showcases the
      patrons and performers of Renaissance faires, as well as a group of
      vagabonds affectionately termed "Rennies," who travel from faire to
      faire as a lifestyle.

      http://www.keepersofthekingdom.com/index.html

      Also My Lord Crusader Magnus (A.K.A. James W Anderson III - Chief
      Executive Officer, BHFI) would you please tell us more about the
      Baron's Haven Freehold - A Medieval Living History Site, Theme Park,
      and Organic Farm Project?? I am very interested in getting involved
      and helping out any way that I can.

      Just in case some of our members might not know about your project, I
      can tell them that you are preparing to build a full-sized
      representation of a 15th century Welsh concentric castle similar in
      style and grandeur to the enchanting castle Beaumaris in northern
      Wales. Adjacent to the castle will be a complete medieval town
      populated by artisans and townspeople reenacting aspects of medieval
      life in a Celtic border town. Authentic supporting economic and
      agricultural facilities will allow for fully sustainable and organic
      living.

      Baron's Haven Freehold Website:
      http://bhfi.1st.net/

      Yahoo BHFI Related Groups:

      http://bhfi.1st.net/contact.html

      ~Lord Cygnus

      --- In renaissancefaires2@y..., "James W. Anderson III, CEO"
      <storm@b...> wrote:
      > > From: "misterfoi" <dave_noman@h...>
      > > Subject: doing a movie, have a question for you please
      >
      > > Faire. The movie is about a personal transformation of a young
      woman
      > > though the Faire experience. Of course it's a comedy. (Could you
      > > imagine a film about Faire being a tragedy? Yikes!)
      >
      > As a matter of fact I could. All they would have to do is meet up
      with some
      > of the parasites that also hang around faires to manipulate the
      newbies.
      > I've found a few merchants as well as management that have that
      tendency.

      > Jim
    • Catriona MacHugh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002