On Our Home Scroll This Month.

  • Gil
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 1, 2003
      Glad Tidings, Huzzah, and Welcome, Good Gentles All,

      Happy Labor Day!!

      We have so many new additions to our populace here and we are so
      pleased to have you all joining in our merry gathering. I would like
      to take this time to welcome you all! We have unique group with
      members from all across the country as well as internationally. Our
      group takes pride in having such a diverse membership of interesting,
      highly active and knowledgeable online community, so you can be
      almost certain that there are some club members who attend the
      Renaissance Faires in your own areas. My Lords and Ladies, please do
      your best to make our new members feel at home here among us!

      Our featured spotlight member fills the space on yonder blank
      parchment of our home scroll! Those who are of a mind to provide
      images for our honored spotlight, be they of yourself, your family,
      or your "furry children", feel free to dispatch an e-missive to my
      humble self...

      Lord_Cygnus1@...

      Our spotlighted members for the month, September 2003 are the singing
      duo, the Minstrel Woode, who are currently performing at the Ohio
      Renaissance Festival, Wilmington, OH. However, you might also see
      them at the OSU Medieval Faire, Bristol Renaissance Faire or at
      Renaissance Festivals in and around roughly the eastern half of the
      US. This picture was kindly provided by the Candy Picture Lady, whose
      website can be found in our links section.

      Even now we have quite a few members lining up for the next few
      months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members. If you would
      like to be featured thusly as well, then please contact me.

      Please be sure to make full use of our link listings and feel free to
      examine all the past postings. Know that you are free to invite any
      of your circle or friendly companions that you feel would enjoy our
      happy little assembly.

      I thank thee one and all for your time, humbly yours,

      ~Lord Cygnus

      Moderator for Yahoo E-Groups - Renaissance Faires - Guilds, Troupes,
      and Fans of Renaissance Faires.

    • Gil
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 6, 2003
[...]

        Our spotlighted member for the month, November 2003, Lady Anna
        Elizabethan Green III, who may also be known to some of you as Anna
        Glover. Though some of you may know her as Polgara. She is often seen
        at the Virginia Renaissance Faire Queen's Progress tour, the Jousting
        Tournament and Renaissance Faire of Mt. Solon, VA and the Annual
        Harvest Faire, as well as other faires throughout the eastern USA.

        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 1, 2003
          Glad Tidings, Huzzah, and Seasons Greetings, Good Gentles All,

[...]

          Our spotlighted member for the month, December 2003, is Lady Irisarc,
          who is my own lovely wife and who many of you also know as Var of the
          house of Yolen, which is her Lost Viking Crew personna. Her home
          faires include the Medieval Faire, Norman, OK, the Ohio Renaissance
          Festival, Wilmington, OH, the Tennessee Renaissance Festival,
          Arrington-Triune, TN and the Medieval and Renaissance Festival,
          (MARCO) Knoxville, TN, but she has also been known to pop-up at other
          faires throughout the eastern and south-central USA.

          Even now we have quite a few members lining up for the next few
          months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members. If you would
          like to be featured thusly as well, then please contact me.

          Please be sure to make full use of our link listings and feel free to
          examine all the past postings. Know that you are free to invite any
          of your circle or friendly companions that you feel would enjoy our
          happy little assembly.

          I thank thee one and all for your time, humbly yours,

          ~Lord Cygnus

          Moderator for Yahoo E-Groups - Renaissance Faires - Guilds, Troupes,
          and Fans of Renaissance Faires.

        • sylvia_b66
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 3, 2003
            Congratulations, Lady Irisarc!

            Sylvia

            --- In RenaissanceFaires2@yahoogroups.com, "Gil" <Lord_Cygnus1@Y...>
            wrote:
            > Glad Tidings, Huzzah, and Seasons Greetings, Good Gentles All,
            >

            > We have so many new additions to our populace here and we are so
            > pleased to have you all joining in our merry gathering. I would like
            > to take this time to welcome you all! We have unique group with
            > members from all across the country as well as internationally. Our
            > group takes pride in having such a diverse membership of
            interesting,
            > highly active and knowledgeable online community, so you can be
            > almost certain that there are some club members who attend the
            > Renaissance Faires in your own areas. My Lords and Ladies, please do
            > your best to make our new members feel at home here among us!
            >
            > Our featured spotlight member fills the space on yonder blank
            > parchment of our home scroll! Those who are of a mind to provide
            > images for our honored spotlight, be they of yourself, your family,
            > or your "furry children", feel free to dispatch an e-missive to my
            > humble self...
            >
            > Lord_Cygnus1@Y...
            >

            > Our spotlighted member for the month, December 2003, is Lady
            Irisarc,
            > who is my own lovely wife and who many of you also know as Var of
            the
            > house of Yolen, which is her Lost Viking Crew personna. Her home
            > faires include the Medieval Faire, Norman, OK, the Ohio Renaissance
            > Festival, Wilmington, OH, the Tennessee Renaissance Festival,
            > Arrington-Triune, TN and the Medieval and Renaissance Festival,
            > (MARCO) Knoxville, TN, but she has also been known to pop-up at
            other
            > faires throughout the eastern and south-central USA.
            >

            > Even now we have quite a few members lining up for the next few
            > months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members. If you
            would
            > like to be featured thusly as well, then please contact me.
            >
            > Please be sure to make full use of our link listings and feel free
            > examine all the past postings. Know that you are free to invite any
            > of your circle or friendly companions that you feel would enjoy our
            > happy little assembly.
            >
            > I thank thee one and all for your time, humbly yours,
            >

            > ~Lord Cygnus
            >
            > Moderator for Yahoo E-Groups - Renaissance Faires - Guilds, Troupes,
            > and Fans of Renaissance Faires.

          • Jocelyn
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 3, 2003
              wrote:

              > Our featured spotlight member fills the space on yonder blank
              > parchment of our home scroll!

              Oh. How... nice. yet another unknown midwestern member on the
              homescroll.

              thanks.
            • Lord_Cygnus1@Yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 1, 2004
                Happy New Year, Good Gentles All,

                We have so many new additions to our populace here and we are so
                pleased to have you all joining in our merry gathering. I would like
                to take this time to welcome you all! We have unique group with
                members from all across the country as well as internationally. Our
                group takes pride in having such a diverse membership of interesting,
                highly active and knowledgeable online community, so you can be
                almost certain that there are some club members who attend the
                Renaissance Faires in your own areas. My Lords and Ladies, please do
                your best to make our new members feel at home here among us!

                Our featured spotlight member fills the space on yonder blank
                parchment of our home scroll! Those who are of a mind to provide
                images for our honored spotlight, be they of yourself, your family,
                or your "furry", "feathered" or "scaled children", feel free to
                dispatch an
                e-missive to my humble self...

                LordCygnusX@...

                Our spotlighted member for the month, January and for the new year of
                2004, is Lady Aimee Elliott, from Pollock Pines, California.

                Even now we have quite a few members lining up for the next few
                months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members. If you would
                like to be featured thusly as well, then please contact me.

                Please be sure to make full use of our link listings and feel free to
                examine all the past postings. Know that you are free to invite any
                of your circle or friendly companions that you feel would enjoy our
                happy little assembly.

                I thank thee one and all for your time, humbly yours,

                ~Lord Cygnus

                Moderator for Yahoo E-Groups - Renaissance Faires - Guilds, Troupes,
                and Fans of Renaissance Faires.

              • Richard
                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 2, 2004

                  > Our spotlighted member for the month, January and for the new year of
                  > 2004, is Lady Aimee Elliott, from Pollock Pines, California.

                  Wow! A movie star!

                  And from Pollock Pines, Ca.

                  Gotta like that local.

                  Olde Richard Polakiewicz

                • Lord_Cygnus1@Yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Feb 3, 2004
[...]

                    Our spotlighted members for the month of February 2004 are the
                    sisters Martina Livingston Jolliff, on left, and Jocelyn Livingston
                    Plazewska, on right. The two sisters were first introduced to
                    Renaissance Faires when they attended with their family at Agoura
                    back in 1976, and as you can see, their lives have not been the same
                    since. Both are well known for their outspoken manner and sense of
                    humor both at faire and here on the message board. Martina has been a
                    faire and SCA vendor since 1996. Her play name is Rachel Wyllt.
                    Jocelyn or Lady Lettice Knolly's as she is known at faire, has been
                    performing at various faires since 1989, is a Biggins Family member,
                    and currently serves on the governing board of the San Diego
                    Renaissance Faire.

                    Even now we have quite a few members lining up for the next few
                    months to be one of our home scroll spotlighted members. If you would
                    like to be featured thusly as well, then please contact me.

                    Please be sure to make full use of our link listings and feel free to
                    examine all the past postings. Know that you are free to invite any
                    of your circle or friendly companions that you feel would enjoy our
                    happy little assembly.

                    I thank thee one and all for your time, humbly yours,

                    ~Lord Cygnus

                    Moderator for Yahoo E-Groups - Renaissance Faires - Guilds, Troupes,
                    and Fans of Renaissance Faires.

                  • Leslie
                    Message 9 of 28 , Feb 3, 2004
                      Congrats, Ladies. You look great! S
                    • Richard
                      Message 10 of 28 , Feb 3, 2004
                        --- In RenaissanceFaires2@yahoogroups.com, "Leslie"
                        <amazonscorch@y...> wrote:
                        > Congrats, Ladies. You look great! S

                        I'll say!!! Who is the photographer???? What a dude!!!!! What an
                        eye for the ladies!!!!!!!!!!

                        Did not even know Lady Martina's 'faire' name. Learn so much on this
                        site.

                        Olde Richard
                      • Lord_Cygnus1@Yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 5, 2004
                          Sorry, I am running a few days late this month, but the wait was well
                          worth it.

[...]

                          Our spotlighted members for the month of March 2004 are the lovely
                          Duchess Lucrezia Alvarez-Borja of Valencia, Spain, on left, and the
                          equally lovely Countess Lenore Veres, on right. They are accompanied
                          by one of their many gentlemen admirers. Lucrezia (AKA Pam) is
                          an "accountess" and a very avid collector of all things that pertain
                          to Lord of the Rings, while Lenore (AKA Laura) has been trying to
                          start up a Renaissance troupe at Eastern Michigan University. Both
                          are well known at various faires and festivals, which include
                          Mayfaire Renaissance Faire, Michigan Renaissance Festival, Silver
                          Leaf Renaissance Faire as well as many others. Lucrezia is the owner
                          of her own Renaissance Faire Group on Yahoo, which was founded July
                          22, 2001 and Lenore is that Group's Moderator. If you are interested
                          in visiting or joining their Group here is where it can be found.

                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 5, 2004
                            --- In RenaissanceFaires2@yahoogroups.com, Lord_Cygnus1@Y... wrote:
                            > Sorry, I am running a few days late this month, but the wait was
                            well
                            > worth it.

                            Nothing much else on the board this past month. so I was sitting
                            back analyzing the time this was posted....

                            Did anyone else see the time LC posted?? 1:39 AM?!?!? If you
                            calculate that into westcoast hours that's like three or four thirty
                            (depending on where, exactly, in the midwest he lives). Geesh. he's
                            keeping Warflight's hours.

                            Hey Warf!!! You've got a run on your reputation!!!!

                            > Our spotlighted members for the month of March 2004 are the lovely
                            > Duchess Lucrezia Alvarez-Borja of Valencia, Spain, on left, and the
                            > equally lovely Countess Lenore Veres, on right. They are
                            accompanied
                            > by one of their many gentlemen admirers.

                            Congrats ladies and admirer!

                            Jocelyn
                          • Richard Lantz
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 5, 2004
                              Jocelyn <icbleu@...> wrote:
                              --- In RenaissanceFaires2@yahoogroups.com, Lord_Cygnus1@Y... wrote:
                              > Sorry, I am running a few days late this month, but the wait was
                              well
                              > worth it.

                              Nothing much else on the board this past month. so I was sitting
                              back analyzing the time this was posted....

                              Did anyone else see the time LC posted?? 1:39 AM?!?!? If you
                              calculate that into westcoast hours that's like three or four thirty
                              (depending on where, exactly, in the midwest he lives). Geesh. he's
                              keeping Warflight's hours.

                              Hey Warf!!! You've got a run on your reputation!!!!

                              Well... you know me... if I'm up before noon, I burst into flames!

                            • renmaiden_lady_lucrecia
                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 6, 2004
                                > Our spotlighted members for the month of March 2004 are the lovely
                                > Duchess Lucrezia Alvarez-Borja of Valencia, Spain, on left, and the
                                > equally lovely Countess Lenore Veres, on right. They are accompanied
                                > by one of their many gentlemen admirers.

                                *snickering* Well, Lord D'Artagnan could be considered one of
                                our "gentlemen admirers", but that wouldn't explain him insulting
                                Countess Lenore's singing... *cough* I will say no more ^^;

                                > Lucrezia (AKA Pam) is
                                > an "accountess" and a very avid collector of all things that pertain
                                > to Lord of the Rings

                                And the stash is increasing in size (and value)... I'm hopelessly
                                obsessed...

                                > Both are well known at various faires and festivals, which include
                                > Mayfaire Renaissance Faire, Michigan Renaissance Festival, Silver
                                > Leaf Renaissance Faire as well as many others.

                                Well, we're not quite known at Mayfaire yet, as we have yet to attend
                                this Faire (but we'll be there!!). We have been to MRF and SLRF many
                                times (and will continue to do so!), and we hope to someday visit the
                                Bristol Ren Faire *sigh*. I would just love to be in the company of
                                so many members of the nobility... But my garb would probably look
                                middle-class compared to the court's garb...

                                > Lucrezia is the owner
                                > of her own Renaissance Faire Group on Yahoo, which was founded July
                                > 22, 2001 and Lenore is that Group's Moderator. If you are interested
                                > in visiting or joining their Group here is where it can be found.

                                Thank you so much Lord Cygnus for allowing the Countess and I to be
                                the spotlighted members for March. I know that the Countess is just
                                as thankful as I, and we feel quite honored. *curtsies* Thank you
                                and I do hope you and everyone else here has a wonderful weekend.

                                Lucrezia Alvarez-Borja
                                Duchess of Valencia, Spain
                                (not part of the SCA...)
                                Keeper of the extra long sig file...
                              • Laura
                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 7, 2004
                                  > Our spotlighted members for the month of March 2004 are the lovely
                                  > Duchess Lucrezia Alvarez-Borja of Valencia, Spain, on left, and the
                                  > equally lovely Countess Lenore Veres, on right. They are accompanied
                                  > by one of their many gentlemen admirers.

                                  I don't think he deserves to be called an admirers, he said my
                                  singing was bad...

                                  > Lenore (AKA Laura) has been trying to
                                  > start up a Renaissance troupe at Eastern Michigan University.

                                  Unfortunetly, the Renaissance troupe hasn't gone as well as I hoped,
                                  but I'll keep trying!

                                  > Both are well known at various faires and festivals, which include
                                  > Mayfaire Renaissance Faire, Michigan Renaissance Festival, Silver
                                  > Leaf Renaissance Faire as well as many others.

                                  Mostly known at SLRF and MiRF, but at least I'm loved! I will be at
                                  Mayfaire, I promise! Thank you very much for allowing us to be the
                                  spotlighted members this month, not only am I honored, I was even
                                  speechless! Thank you!

                                  Lenore
                                • renmaiden_lady_lucrecia
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 7, 2004
                                    > Thank you very much for allowing us to be the
                                    > spotlighted members this month, not only am I honored, I was even
                                    > speechless! Thank you!
                                    >
                                    > Lenore

                                    And she's not speechless oft'! I fear the Countess may have fallen
                                    deathly ill... Oh wait, she's already dead ^^; Nevermind then!!

                                    ~Lucrezia