CONCORDIALIA RITUAL for the 14th Anniversary of Nova Roma

  • Cn. Cornelius Lentulus
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012

      CN CORNELIUS LENTULUS : PONTIFEX : SACERDOS CONCORDIAE : QUIRITIBUS : S P D

      Salvete et avete, Novi Romani Quirites!

      Vivat Nova Roma invicta!
      Hail to Nova Roma, invincible!

      Here it is again, the day, the most beautiful day, Our Day, the day when the New Roman Movement started -- when everything started. This is why we can be here: today, 14 years ago, Nova Roma was founded, the New Roman Nation was born. And, by completing 14, the 15th year of Nova Roma starts today.

      Let us never forget why we are here: to restore the Roman religion, culture and virtues, and to create a city, a real, tangible, physical city, Nova Roma, sometime in the future, when we are ready, when our resources and the Destiny permit this.

      We are very diverse and different people, yet we have one common goal: to restore the Roman Republic. To revive the customs, the language, the cults and the culture of our model, the ancient Rome.

      This why we worship Goddes Concordia as the Patron Goddess of Nova Roma, the Goddess of the Nova Roman People's Concord - She is whom we need first and foremost in this 14-years-old Republic: to re-unite all Romans in one Nation, in one true entity: in Nova Roma --to re-unite all of those people who call themselves Roman today.

      TODAY I have performed the Concordialia ceremony for the 14th Anniversary of the founding of our Res Publica Nova Romana, in the name of the Collegium Pontificum, the Senate and the People, and every single citizen of our commonwealth.

      I sacrificed milk with honey, wine, incense and 14 libums, representing our 14 years, to Concordia for protecting Nova Roma, and for Her citizens.

      The text and coreography of the ceremony has been this, in which I included Mars as his feriae are today:

      1. SACRIFICE TO CONCORDIA POPULI NOVI ROMANI QUIRITIUM

      Favete linguis!

      (Beginning of the sacrifice.)

      PRAEFATIO

      Dea Concordia,
      Concordia Novae Romae,
      Concordia Senatus Populique Novi Romani,
      Concordia Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      Concordia civium Novorum Romanorum,
      Concordia deorum et mortalium,
      Dea pacis et salutis et gloriae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      hisce Kalendis Martiis anniversarii quarti decimi Novae Romae conditae,
      hoc die festivissimo et sanctissimo Novae Romae conditae,
      te hoc ture commovendo bonas preces precor,
      uti sies volens propitia Populo Novo Romano Quiritibus,

      Reique Publicae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,

      mihi, domo, familiae!

      [Goddess Concordia,

      the Concordance of Nova Roma,

      the Concord of the Senate and the People of Nova Roma,

      the Concordance of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      the Concordance of the Nova Roman citizens,

      the Concord of the gods and the mortals,

      Goddess of peace and welfare of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      on these Kalends of March of the 14th anniversary of the founding of Nova Roma,

      on this most festive and sacred day of the founding of Nova Roma,

      by offering you this incense, I pray good prayers so

      that you may be benevolent and propitious

      to the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      to the Republic of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,
      to me, to my household and to my family.]

      (Incense is placed in the focus of the altar.)

      Dea Concordia,
      Concordia Novae Romae,
      Concordia Senatus Populique Novi Romani,
      Concordia Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      Concordia civium Novorum Romanorum,
      Concordia deorum et mortalium,
      Dea pacis et salutis et gloriae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      uti te ture commovendo bonas preces bene precatus sum,
      eiusdem rei ergo macte lacte inferio esto!"

      [Goddess Concordia,

      the Concordance of Nova Roma,

      the Concord of the Senate and the People of Nova Roma,

      the Concordance of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      the Concordance of the Nova Roman citizens,

      the Concord of the gods and the mortals,

      Goddess of peace and welfare of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      as by offering you the incense I have well prayed good prayers,
      for the very same reason be thou blessed by this sacrificial milk.]

      (Libation of milk is made.)

      PRECATIO

      Concordia Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      Concordia Senatus Populique Novi Romani,
      Concordia Novae Romae,
      Concordia deorum et mortalium,
      Dea pacis et salutis et gloriae Senatus Populique Novi Romani,
      fortitudo et firmitas nostra,
      hisce Kalendis Martiis anniversarii quarti decimi Novae Romae conditae,
      hoc die festivissimo et sanctissimo quo Nova Roma condita est,
      te precor, veneror, quaesoque obtestorque:
      uti pacem concordiamque constantem societati Novae Romae tribuas;
      utique Rem Publicam Populi Novi Romani Quiritium confirmes, augeas, adiuves,
      omnibusque discordiis liberes;
      utique Res Publica Populi Novi Romani Quiritium semper floreat;
      atque hoc anno anniversarii quarti decimi Novae Romae conditae convalescat;
      atque pax et concordia, salus et gloria Novae Romae omni tempore crescat,
      utique omnes qui se Romanos nominant unifices,
      unum populum unamque gentem omnes qui se Romanos nominant facias,
      unum populum in Nova Roma omnes Romanos hodiernos colligas;
      utique Populo Novo Romano Quiritibus,
      Reique Publicae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      mihi, domo, familiae
      omnes in hoc anno quinto decimo Novae Romae eventus bonos faustosque esse siris;
      utique sies volens propitia
      Populo Novo Romano Quiritibus,
      Reique Publicae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      magistratibus, consulibus, praetoribus Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      tribunis Plebis Novae Romanae,
      Senatui Novo Romano,

      Collegio Pontificum,
      omnibus civibus, viris et mulieribus, pueris et puellabus Novis Romanis,
      mihi, domo, familiae!

      [Concordance of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      Concord of the Senate and the People of Nova Roma,

      Concordance of Nova Roma,

      the Concord of the gods and the mortals,

      Goddess of peace, welfare and glory of the Senate and the People of Nova Roma,

      our stronghold and steadiness,

      on these Kalends of March of the 14th anniversary of the founding of Nova Roma,

      on this most festive and sacred day on which Nova Roma was founded,

      I pray, worship, ask and beseech you so
      that you may grant peace and steadfast concord to the society of Nova Roma;
      so that you may confirm, strengthen and help

      the Republic of the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      and save it from all discord;
      so that the Republic of the Nova Roman People of Quirites
      may always flourish and prosper,

      and in this year of the 14th anniversary may get even stronger;
      that peace and concord, the welfare and glory of Nova Roma may increase all the time;

      and that you may unite all people who call themselves Roman,

      make them who call themselves Roman one people and one nation,

      collect together all modern Romans as one nation united into Nova Roma;
      and that you allow all events in this now starting 15th year of Nova Roma to be good and salutary
      to the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      to the Republic of the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      to me, to my household and to my family;
      and so that you may be benevolent and propitious
      to the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      to the Republic of the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      to the magistrates, the consuls, the praetors of the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      to the tribunes of the Nova Roman Plebs,
      to the Nova Roman Senate,
      to the College of Pontiffs,

      to all Nova Roman citizens, men and women, boys and girls,
      to me, to my household and to my family.]

      SACRIFICIUM

      Sicut verba nuncupavi,
      quaeque ita faxis,
      uti ego me sentio dicere:
      harum rerum ergo macte
      his quattuordecim libis libandis,
      hoc lacte melle mixto libando,
      hoc ture ommovendo
      esto fito volens propitia
      et hoc anno anniversarii quarti decimo Novae Romae conditae et semper
      Populo Novo Romano Quiritibus,
      Reique Publicae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      magistratibus, consulibus, praetoribus Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      tribunis Plebis Novae Romanae,
      Senatui Novo Romano,
      omnibus civibus, viris et mulierbus, pueris et puellabus Novis Romanis,
      mihi, domo, familiae!

      [As I have these words pronounced,
      you shall do exactly
      what I mean I am saying:
      for all these reasons, thou blessed
      by offering these 14  liba,
      by offering this milk with honey,
      by offering this incense
      be benevolent and propitious

      both in this year of the 14th anniversary of the founding of Nova Roma and always,
      to the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      to the Republic of the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      to the magistrates, the consuls, the praetors of the Nova Roman People of Quirites,

      to the tribunes of the Nova Roman Plebs,
      to the Nova Roman Senate,
      to the College of Pontiffs,
      to all Nova Roman citizens, men and women, boys and girls,
      to me, to my household and to my family.]

      (Libation of 14 liba, milk with honey is made and incense is
      sacrificed.)

      REDDITIO

      Dea Concordia,
      Concordia Novae Romae,
      Concordia Senatus Populique Novi Romani,
      Concordia Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      Concordia civium Novorum Romanorum,
      Concordia deorum et mortalium,
      Dea pacis et salutis et gloriae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      uti te quattuordecim libis libandis, ture commovendo, lacte melle mixto libando bonas preces bene precatus sum,

      earundem rerum ergo macte lacte inferio esto!

      [Goddess Concordia,

      the Concordance of Nova Roma,

      the Concord of the Senate and the People of Nova Roma,

      the Concordance of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      the Concordance of the Nova Roman citizens,

      the Concord of the gods and the mortals,

      Goddess of peace and welfare of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      as by offering you the 14 liba, the incense and the honeyed milk I have well prayed good prayers,
      for the very same reasons be thou blessed by this sacrificial milk.]

      (Libation of milk is made)

      2. SACRIFICE TO MARS

      Mars Pater,
      cuius mensis et feriae hodie sunt,
      earundem rerum ergo

      macte vino inferio esto fito volens propitius
      Populo Novo Romano Quiritibus,
      Reique Publicae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,

      mihi, domo, familiae!

      [Father Mars,

      whose month and festival is today,

      for the very same reasons

      be thou blessed by offering you this sacrificial wine,

      and be benevolent and propitious

      to the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,

      to the Republic of the Nova Roman People of the Quirites,
      to me, to my household and to my family.]

      (Libation of wine is made)

      Ilicet!

      (End of the sacrifice.)

      3. PIACULUM

      Iane,
      Concordia Populi Novi Romani Quiritium,
      Iuppiter Optime Maxmime,
      Iuno, Minerva, Mars,
      Omnes Di Immortales quocumque nomine:
      si quidquam vobis in hac caerimonia displicet,
      hoc vino inferio veniam peto et vitium meum expio.

      [Ianus,
      Concordia of the Nova Roman People of Quirites,
      Iuppiter, the Best and Greatest,

      Iuno, Minerva, Mars,
      All Gods Immortal by whathever name I may call you:
      if anything in this ceremony was displeasing to you,
      with this sacrificial wine I ask forgiveness and expiate my fault.]

      (I offered incense on the altar and poured a libation of wine on the altar.)

      VIVAT NOVA ROMA ANNORUM XIV !!!

      NOVA ROMA XIV !!!

      Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus
      P O N T I F E X