Great results but numb fingers

  • nicholas dmyterko
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2008
      Ellis,

      I have been using 5 iu a day since dec 16 / 2007. My weight loss
      is crazy! My skin looks and feels 20 again.

      I notice in my one hand numb fingers, is this normal?

      Ellis: [You notice skin that looks and feels 20 again... But you
      also notice numb fingers in one hand...

      So... you have to lower your dose so that your fingers are not
      numb anymore.. even if your skin might look and feel a little
      older, for example 30, that's not so bad. But you don't want
      ANY bad side effects, if you can avoid them. The best dose has
      to be a dose that does not cause side effects, because if you
      have gotten these side effects in a few months, what might happen
      in a few years?

      I would like to know if you have taken a blood test, and
      can you tell us your IGF-1 ?

      Thanks for writing. - Ellis]
    • glorydaz@msn.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2008
        Any theories on WHY the hand got numb? What might the blood test indicate?

        Ellis:[ Hello Glorydaz... The hand got numb because the 5 iu dose
        is too high... at least, it is too high to begin with...

        There is a "band" near our wrist that goes around some tendons
        and veins and arteries that pass from our arm to our hand...
        that "band" is called the Carpal Tunnel... If you take too much
        HGH, the cables and veins and arteries that go through this band
        all get a bit thicker, and this causes everything going through
        the band to get "tight" so it hurts a bit at first, and more,
        later....

        That is called "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" and it can be reversed if
        you stop the high doses, but it progresses and gets worse if you do
        not stop the high doses. So: stop the high doses!

        A blood test might indicate if his IGF-1 is higher than what we
        know to be "o.k." in which case it means: NOT O.K. My IGF-1
        has been about 550 for nearly 10 years, so 550 is o.k. and I
        DON'T KNOW if a higher IGF-1 would also be o.k., or not.

        thanks for writing. - Ellis]

        To: rejuvenation@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2008
          Dear Ellis and all,

          I must have a very conservative endocrinologist. I have been on 3
          clicks of Eli Lilly for 8 months now and at the January 24 IGF-1
          testing, my results came back 174--and the doc said the high was
          supposed to be only 213, for the highest range. (????) I leave it
          to you, Ellis, to advise me about how those clicks translate into
          milligrams. . .I don't understand this.

          I also don't feel that I am on an optimum dose. I'd like to find
          another practitioner; this one's at a recognized and accepted
          university. I just think he is way too conservative. I believe
          HGH is a new frontier for most of today's endos, number one, and
          number two: we happen to be in short supply of practicing endos
          across this nation.

          If I could have The System recognize my regular physician, who
          prescribes hormones of all kinds and was seeking a supplier of the
          HGH not too long ago, I believe I would quickly dump this endo and
          go purchase my hgh elsewhere--providing I could find it cheaper.
          Just now it's costing $1,500.00 per month to Eli Lilly. I KNOW
          this stuff isn't cheap--but I think I'm not in the most advantageous
          game, just now.

          Ellis's answer on the Carpal Tunnel band being the reason, is right
          on. This is one of the things they will warn you will happen, if
          you take the HGH too much or too quickly. Just like they watch your
          blood sugar curves in the beginning; some people come up with
          diabetes in the beginning--but I'm not sure that it becomes
          permanent.

          I've had more Diabetes tests since beginning HGH than I've ever had
          in my entire life!

          Ellis: [Doctors like to do tests. And Yes, I think that if
          a diabetes test (ie, glucose tolerance test) says that you have
          diabetes, I'm sure that it is "permanent" (unless in the future
          there is a "cure"... this might become a reality if stem cell
          therapy manages to renew lost Beta cells, which has already
          been done on mice...)

          There are some studies that have been published that conclude
          that HGH caused diabetes. "According to Ellis" those studies
          are probably mistaken, because I think diabetes is not caused by
          a hormone that is natural to our body and is generally good for
          us, but by many years of eating incorrectly and raising our blood
          glucose levels too high, thus causing an overproduction of insulin,
          and the eventual "burnout" of beta cells...

          I think diabetes was already present, or about to become manifest
          in those patients who used HGH and then detected that they had
          diabetes...

          But of course doctors always have to give an explanation, even if
          it is mistaken... (Me too, I always try to think of an explanation,
          and I hope it is not mistaken... But I don't dictate it: I say
          it is "according to Ellis...") And sometimes they write that
          explanation and it gets published... then other doctors read it
          and they "learn" what amounts to misinformation... and then they
          repeat it.

          And much of the press has already taken the side that testosterone
          is a "drug" and growth hormone is a "drug". Many doctors and
          politicians really believe that "anabolic steroids" are BAD for
          male athletes because they RUN FASTER and JUMP FURTHER and HIT
          THE BALL HARDER when their body is HEALTHIER.

          So bad (cigarrettes and alcohol) is good and permitted to Baseball
          players and athletes, but good (HGH and testosterone and EPO) is
          bad and is forbidden by their twisted rules of the game.

          It is as if: Thou Shalt Not Be Too Healthy...

          There is always somebody who has to find something to blame, so
          why not blame diabetes on HGH, if he can? The main opponents
          of HGH are: Jay Olshansky, Thomas Perls, and Shlomo Melamed, and
          many politicians.

          And the main proponents of HGH are: about 20,000 doctors who are
          members of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine; Life
          Extension Foundation; and me. - Ellis]

          Best wishes to all,

          Marquita