Still alive

  • Ellis Toussier Bigio
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2007
      I have gotten a lot of e-mails recently asking me if I am
      alive (yes) or alright (yes) or if I am sick (no)... And
      several commenting that I haven't sent out any posts in the
      past month... That is true... but I am well, thanks.

      Sometimes, I just don't come to Rejuvenation for a while.
      That's just the way Rejuvenation is.

      Unfortunately, that also means that Yahoo erases posts that
      I don't send off in a period of 14 days, so that means that
      a lot of good posts have been erased and I never saw them.

      Please bear with me for a moment, I am having a new website
      set up, with a forum, and I will become active again once it
      is ready.

      Today I approved the subscription to Rejuvenation of nearly
      70 persons... Reading the comments that they write, we have
      many persons who are interested in diabetes and/or why do I
      use insulin if I am not a diabetic? I am glad to discuss this,
      so please send in your questions about discussions about diabetes
      or about how to "control" your blood glucose.

      ("According to Ellis" your blood glucose is not well controlled
      if it rises to 100 mg/dl or higher at any time during the day.)

      Today I happened to eat with some friends, and one of them
      is a DOCTOR who IS a diabetic type II. But... par for the
      course for DOCTORS... he thinks he has his diabetes under
      control because he drinks a pill of metformin... "According
      to Ellis" he has ZERO idea of the correct way to treat any
      diabetes, including his own diabetes.

      He is 67 years old... chubby... wrinkled... in general he looks
      about 67, so he is satisfied with his health.

      I think that if he could have a written guarantee that he will
      live only 10 more years, he would be very happy with that. Like
      a typical doctor, he is more than happy if we have an average
      lifespan, which is about 74 years for men.

      If I could get through to him that he can control his blood
      glucose much better with insulin, I have no doubt that he
      would improve his health... But of course I can't get through
      to him. He is a doctor. It is too radical to think that you
      should take INSULIN, since 99.999% of all doctors are stuck on
      the belief that insulin is very dangerous. They think it is
      better to take and prescribe metformin, or Byetta, or other
      medicines that are not INSULIN.

      Fortunately, he does not pretend to know about diabetes, and he
      does not say he is an expert in diabetes... that is good, to find
      a doctor who is slightly humble.

      He has an open mind, but he has brain damage because he is
      programmed to believe "conventional medical wisdom" to
      the effect that INSULIN IS DANGEROUS and that his diabetes
      is WELL CONTROLLED because he takes METFORMIN! He has a glucose
      meter, but unfortunately he doesn't use it. So... how can you
      control blood glucose, if you don't use a glucose meter at least
      a few times every day...

      But this doesn't bother him. He ate second servings of rice,
      bread, beans, potatoes, etc. I think his blood glucose
      probably went above 200 mg/dl... which will kill him in 20
      years or sooner... there is no way to KNOW what was his blood
      glucose, without taking a blood glucose test.

      And of course, he doesn't believe in growth hormone, testosterone,
      or EPO... and of course not, insulin.

      So... please send in questions or discussions about diabetes,
      using insulin, blood glucose, metformin, etc.

      I will be in Can Cun from Dec. 1 to Dec. 8... I will stay at the
      Royal Mayan... In case anybody subscribed to Rejuvenation is going
      to be there in that week, I will be happy to meet you.

      I feel fantastically lucky to have met a famous Greek singer and
      his lovely wife, who flew to Mexico City specifically to meet with
      me. Sometimes I feel like my life is charmed... it gives me so
      much pleasure to meet people who find me on the internet and then
      learn from me... it gives me so much pleasure to teach people to
      improve their health, in particular with my ideas about growth
      hormome, insulin, and EPO... many of which are original ideas.

      I owe it to all of you, because I learned and developed my ideas
      as the moderator of Rejuvenation.

      - Ellis
    • jrhmd53@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2007
        I will back up Ellis on his insulin use. As long as you don't
        endanger yourself with significant hypogycemia, the lower you
        keep your hemoglobin A1C, the better off you are.

        Insulin is the most natural adjunct to facilitate this. It
        obviously needs advanced monitoring and consistency.

        My glucose stays low because I have fasted every other day for
        years. True anti-aging takes effort.

        James R Hughes, MD

        Ellis: [Hello Dr. Hughes! Hey, it's good to hear from you!

        For those who do not know who is Dr. James Hughes, he was one
        of my first TEACHERS about HGH... and I never forget my teachers
        to who I owe a debt of gratitude for what I know today...

        I still remember my first grade teacher in elementary school...

        I even remember my Kindergarten teacher, before elementary school...

        So of course I remember Dr. Hughes, who really helped me VERY
        MUCH when I knew very little about using growth hormone and I
        didn't have a doctor yet... but I was using HGH anyways...
        Viva Mexico, as I always say.

        Thanks, again for all you taught me.

        I owe to Dr. Hughes one bit of knowledge which was crucial at
        that time, and that bit of knowledge is: What level of IGF-1
        should I shoot for?

        Dr. Hughes told me that I should shoot for 350 to 500, and that
        has always been what I try to shoot for since then. At one point
        I was taking 3 iu of HGH every day, and my IGF-1 came out about
        720 (if I remember correctly...)

        I was not getting any side effects of any kind, but I didn't
        want to have an IGF-1 that was so much higher than Dr. Hughes'
        recommendation... So... I lowered my dose to 2 iu per day,
        and it has been 2 iu per day for about 7 or 8 years, which
        gives me IGF-1 of about 500 to 550...

        And I am convinced that this recommendation is correct. I
        know many doctors recommend about 280, but I have had my
        IGF-1 between 500 and 550, so I can tell you that if the
        best dose is the HIGHEST dose that you can take and get
        good benefits WITHOUT getting side effects, then 2 iu per
        day is perhaps that dose.

        But the important thing about this recommendation is that I
        also recommended it to thousands of persons who have read my
        pages or contacted me throughout the years... And it is
        correct, until somebody demonstrates that I have any side
        effect, or until somebody demonstrates that another range of
        IGF-1 is better.

        So... getting back to your post... Thanks for backing me up
        that my use of insulin is good because it helps to keep blood
        glucose levels controlled. (Optimal: 70 to 85 mg/dl
        Normal: 86 to 90 mg/dl) There is NO WAY for me to get
        hypoglycemia if I take the right dose of Lantus (very steady,
        and very low dose of insulin...) as long as I also eat
        SOMETHING... anything...

        I think 10 iu Lantus is equivalent to perhaps 1 iu of fast
        acting insulin, for 24 hours (supposedly) so it is really
        impossible to get hypoglycemia even if I would FORGET to eat.

        So it needs some monitoring, but after I learned what my
        dose is, and how I react to it, today I can really play it
        by ear. I inject 10 iu Lantus in the morning, and 5 iu
        Lantus at night (instead of 15 iu Lantus once a day...) that
        will never give me hypoglycemia... and I also inject a tiny
        dose of 3 iu Humulin "R" or Humalog, if I think I should take
        it before a big meal.

        And of course I agree that the lower you keep your average
        blood glucose, the better off you will be 30 or 40 years from
        today.

        This is, in fact, the single most important anti-aging therapy:

        Eat good food that keeps your blood glucose levels between
        70 and 85 mg/dl all day, every day, for as long as you can.

        Thanks for writing,

        Ellis]

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2007
          Well, mabe this will help open up some conversation:

          First, I understand that it is insulin that does the aging...that it
          is insulin that packs on the weight.

          On the flipside, the low blood sugar levels with healthy, effective
          insulin is what one would aspire to.

          Well, I am insulin resistant, and have hyper insulinism... I am
          diabetic for sure, but can also go into hypoglycemia if I try and
          eat too low carb.

          I do NOT take any medications, and I try and restrict my diet very
          carefully. But one of the problems I have are uncontrollable
          binges.

          So I might eat mostly really admirably well... and then I lose }it......

          Also, eating food often makes me ill.... and not eating food makes me
          ill as well.

          I am not sure if this is all blood sugar related, or if some of it
          is adrenal/ food allergies/ heart failure... I have been trying to
          figure it out for a long time.

          Deep candida that I am having hard time getting resolved also adds
          to this binging, I am sure.

          To be honest, I am not sure what my exact question is here.

          I have read your info files before, and can understand the concept
          about keeping the blood sugar low and stable... But I guess what I
          don't understand is how it works to take extra insulin, if insulin
          supposedly ages you and packs on the weight, etc....

          And how do I deal with that when I already have hyperinsulinism, but
          I can not eat only super low carb?..and then I "lose it..." (I cannot
          lose weight for the life of me....)

          Do you have any comments on any of the above? Can you shed any light?

          Thanks,

          Inga

          Ellis [Hello Inga... You are right, I am not sure what your exact
          question is here, but I will try to answer an interesting question
          which you ask, which I will rephrase as follows:

          "How does it help to take injected insulin, if insulin supposedly
          ages you, and packs on the weight, etc.?"

          The right amount of Insulin doesn't age you... Excess insulin
          ages you...

          The reason that it "works" to inject insulin is because I am
          taking the RIGHT DOSE of insulin AT THE RIGHT TIME, and so this
          helps to KEEP MY BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS down...

          This then removes the necessity of my PANCREAS to try to bring
          high blood glucose levels down with high levels of insulin...
          So my pancreas doesn't have to produce and release great amounts
          of insulin to bring down blood glucose because my blood glucose
          level is (hopefully) between 70 and 90 mg/dl due to the insulin
          which I injected an hour ago.

          So "according to Ellis" in the LONG RUN, my pancreas will not burn
          out as soon as it will if I don't give it some help. So this will
          help me to postpone the day when I will become a diabetic type 2...

          And let me say this about "insulin supposedly ages you..."

          It is not INSULIN that ages you... it is SUGAR IN THE BLOOD
          that ages you, because sugar gums up the circulatory system, and
          sugar also snuffs out NEURONS, and sugar damages HEMOGLOBIN in
          your blood which should be carrying OXYGEN to all your body...
          And it also probably crystallizes and damages some other
          protein cells in your body, which might or might not recover...

          For sure, NEURONS are damaged with high blood glucose, because
          we KNOW this happens to diabetics... Some neurons might recuperate
          if they are only damaged a little... but once neurons are gone,
          in theory they are gone forever. Another neuron might be
          brought to take up the job, but it will never be the same.

          The problem with losing NEURONS is that EVEN IF another neuron
          might take on its job... "According to Ellis" every NEURON HAS
          A MEMORY... and if the neuron is gone, the memory is gone too...

          The memory might be "I receive an order over on this side and I
          send it out, over on this side"

          Or the memory might be "Ellis is the name of this person."

          But once the memory is gone, it is gone, and now some other neuron
          has to do the job... maybe it will learn and be programmed with a
          new memory that says "I receive an order on this side... and where
          do I send it out? Oh... I think maybe I send it out over on
          this side... let me see..."

          Or it might be "Elvis is the name of this person..."

          So we get the job done but we lose a little speed... we lose a
          little memory every time we lose a neuron because of high blood
          glucose...

          So we really have to try to avoid the loss of neurons because
          NEURONS IS US. OUR BEING IS OUR NERVOUS SYSTEM, not the muscles
          or the bones or the heart or the liver or the circulatory system,
          which are all there just to package and move and assist the BRAIN
          and the NERVOUS SYSTEM. We THINK, and WE FEEL, and WE CREATE, and
          WE ARE HAPPY or WE ARE SAD because it is our NERVOUS SYSTEM that
          thinks and feels and creates or is happy or sad... WE ARE our
          nervous system.

          Red blood cells will regenerate, if the kidney is not damaged...
          but the kidney will eventually get damaged if blood sugar is high
          for many years, because the kidney is the organ that is in charge
          of CLEANING UP THE MESS every time blood sugar is high.

          And since the kidney is in charge of producing and releasing
          EPO, which regulates the amount of oxygen circulating in our
          blood, if the kidney gets damaged or partly damaged by high blood
          glucose, then it loses ability to make EPO and so we also lose a
          little oxygen in our body.

          (If you don't know what is EPO, please read this page)

          http://www.rajeun.net/whatisepo.html

          This is as if you lose a little water to water your garden... Most
          of the grass grows green, but some of the grass has to suffer from
          less water.

          This is the reason why a person who is diabetic for many years
          and does not know it, ends up discovering that he is diabetic when
          he finally has to go to the doctor because he has KIDNEY problems.
          By then his kidney is probably shot to death, and the person is in
          BIG TROUBLE.

          So... I know it is a paradox... I know it seems that when I
          inject INSULIN I am RAISING the amount of insulin in my blood.

          But I am raising it exactly when I need to raise it. This is
          like the saying "a stitch in time, saves nine..." I put in one
          stitch of insulin at the right time, and this saves what would
          have been nine stitches of insulin, later.

          So... If you would inject a proper dose of insulin at the
          right time, it is MY GUESS that your pancreas would not have
          to release extra large quantities of insulin ("hyperinsulinism")
          later.

          And if you would not have HIGH BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS at some
          time, which is causing you to have high blood insulin levels
          and resistance to insulin, then you would also avoid the roller
          coaster ride which then goes to become Hypoglycemia.

          Like in a roller coaster, the LOWS come after the HIGHS.

          Avoid the HIGHs, and you avoid the LOWs.

          And paradoxically the lower amount of insulin then floating about
          in my blood is LESS than if I had not injected insulin... And
          "according to Ellis" it is EXCESS quantities of insulin floating
          about in the circulatory system for long periods of time that causes
          INSULIN RESISTANCE...

          Read my pages:

          Non-Diabetic use of Lantus
          http://www.rajeun.net/usinglantus.html

          and

          Non-Diabetic use of Insulin
          http://www.rajeun.net/usinginsulin.html

          I also have a page on HOW TO REVERSE INSULIN RESISTANCE, but since
          I intend to include this page in a book which I intend to sell,
          you can READ the page, but you have to write to me and agree that
          it is FOR YOUR EYES ONLY... Write to me to etoussier(at)yahoo.com
          Subject: Rejuvenation Subscriber: Reverse Insulin Resistance,
          and I will be happy to give you the URL (without charge...)

          Thanks for writing,

          - Ellis]

          On Nov 23, 2007, at 11:59 PM, Ellis Toussier Bigio wrote:

          > And of course, he doesn't believe in growth hormone, testosterone,
          > or EPO... and of course not, insulin.
          >
          > So... please send in questions or discussions about diabetes,
          > using insulin, blood glucose, metformin, etc.
        • RTL44
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 2007
            Hi,

            I have seen my family doctor and asked for blood work to determine my
            hormone levels. I got the results and my testosterone was low and he
            prescribed androgel for me. However, he seems reluctant to prescribe
            HGH and I don't know what to look for on my results to see if my
            levels are low. I have a copy of the results and was wondering if
            you could tell me what to look for.

            I am a healthy 47 yr old male, 6'4" 205 pounds. Very athletic, but
            have noticed a drop in my energy, strength, stamina, mood, libido, etc
            over the past few years.

            Could you help me figure out what would benefit me and how to go
            about beginning this therapy? I am ready to do this, but don't know
            where to look to find a Dr. who is not afraid to prescribe HGH.

            I do NOT want this for body building or for any type of abuse - I
            just want to re-vitalize my life and I totally believe in this type
            of hormone replacement therapy.

            Sincerely,

            Bob in Ohio

            {Hello Bob,

            I suggest you look for a doctor in the directory of doctors
            that belong to the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine,
            here: http://www.worldhealth.net/

            Finding a doctor does not mean that he will prescribe growth
            hormone to you, but at least he is not afraid of growth hormone,
            so he might prescribe it to you if you merit it... and if
            you come to Mexico, anywhere in Mexico... you merit it... it
            is not difficult to get a prescription for HGH here... and if
            you have a prescription from a Mexican doctor, then you might
            get an American doctor to say he will supervise your treatment
            which you began in Mexico... This takes some of the burden
            off the American doctor, because it is not his prescription.

            I don't know why it became so difficult to get a prescription
            in the U.S. for a hormone that so many people have used and are
            using and have found and are finding it is GOOD for their health...

            but if you read Life Extension Magazine you will realize that
            there are some powerful economic interests that want to keep us
            NOT healthy.

            The problem is when people who already have a prescription are
            not able to get it again, because their doctor is AFRAID to give
            a prescription. What's going on?

            - Ellis}