Long-lasting growth hormone is developed

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2007
      Thanks for sending this, Phil... However... I remember there
      was a long-lasting growth hormone that lasted about 30 days,
      a few years ago... one person who used it wrote to Rejuvenation
      and told us that it is injected with VERY THICK needles (instead
      of the great 31 gauge needle us daily-HGH junkies have to use...)
      and IT HURT.

      Quite frankly, I am a coward, and I hate PAIN. I much prefer
      "no pain" every day than pain once a month... I don't know if
      this 10-day HGH would be painful... or more expensive than the
      HGH we have now... but I would not take it if it is more
      painful, or if it is more expensive.

      In any case, thanks for sending us this news report. Ellis

      ================================

      Long-lasting growth hormone is developed

      http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/index.php?feed=Science&article=UPI-1-
      20070906-13114700-bc-britain-hormone.xml

      SHEFFIELD, England, Sept. 6 (UPI) -- British researchers have
      developed a long-acting growth hormone that reduces the need for
      daily therapy treatments.

      Most hormones and cytokines used today have a short life, requiring
      frequent therapeutic injections. But the new technology developed at
      the University of Sheffield means scientists and clinicians will be
      able to generate effective, long-acting hormones that promote growth
      during a minimum 10-day period with one injection.

      The researchers said the technology might also be used to treat
      inflammatory diseases such as multiple sclerosis, cancer and
      metabolic maladies.

      However, the scientists cautioned the research is only in its early
      stages and any drugs resulting from the study are several years away
      from approval.

      The research is detailed in the journal Nature Medicine.

      Copyright 2007 by United Press International. All Rights