* * * George Orwell's 1984 strikes again!

  • Ellis Toussier Bigio
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2007
      I received this, which is posted at Women's International
      Pharmacy, a compounding pharmacy where many persons
      have written to me to tell me they obtain their bio-identical
      hormones. I think this is very important.

      "SAFE DRUG COMPOUNDING ACT of 2007"

      If this passes in the U.S.A., I am afraid there will be severe
      restrictions on current legislation which allows Americans to
      get bio-identical hormones or to buy medicines in Mexico and
      Canada.

      I can see this legislation passing "to protect our children" etc.
      and then clamping the Dark Ages on all of us, including me in
      Mexico, because Mexico often copies U.S. legislation related to
      health and medicine, since Big Brother knows best. - Ellis

      ====================http://www.womensinternational.com/

      THE FACTS: U.S. Senators Kennedy, Burr and Roberts have drafted
      legislation (the so-called Safe Drug Compounding Act of 2007) that
      would severely restrict and possibly deny your access to critical
      compounded medications that you, your family and loved ones rely on.

      Compounded medications are made individually to meet the needs of
      each patient. They provide necessary medications in appropriate
      dosages for men and women who need bioidentical hormone replacement
      therapy (BHRT), premature babies, children, hospital patients, the
      elderly, hospice patients, and others.

      If this legislation passes, federal regulators (not your healthcare
      practitioner) will decide what medication you can use.

      For example, the proposed legislation would:

      * Allow the FDA to tell practitioners that they can only
      prescribe drug company products such as Premarin® or Prempro® for
      hormone replacement therapy;

      * Insert federal bureaucrats into the practitioner-patient
      relationship by giving them the authority to determine when and
      how a practitioner can prescribe compounded medications;

      * Severely restrict out-of-state distribution of compounded
      medications, including prescriptions for patients who live near
      borders, those in rural areas and vacationers;

      * Prohibit office use of compounded medications by
      practitioners who treat patients;

      * Broadly eliminate many critical sterile preparations
      compounded for use in hospitals, for pain management, for hospice
      care, to treat autistic children, and many other situations.

      * And much more. For more detailed information click on
      the following links:

      * IACP's Comments on Compounding Legislation
      http://www.womensinternational.com/pdf/IACPComments.pdf

      * Pharmacy Profession Press Release
      http://www.womensinternational.com/pdf/PharmacyProfession.pdf

      * Pharmacy Trade Groups Joint Letter
      http://www.womensinternational.com/pdf/PharmacyTrade.pdf

      THE FUTURE: This draft legislation would override current
      state regulation of pharmacies and give federal bureaucrats broad
      authority to limit compounded medications prescribed for patients
      such as BHRT, and would create onerous, new regulations for
      healthcare prescribers and pharmacists. Millions of Americans
      have critical medical needs that are unmet by one-size-fits-all
      drug company products. For them, compounded medications -
      prescribed by medical practitioners and prepared by licensed,
      trained pharmacists - are often their best and only treatment
      option.

      Do you want the federal government denying your access to necessary
      medication?

      WHAT CAN YOU DO? Submit your comments to your U.S. Senators and
      Congressperson now!

      http://capwiz.com/womensinternational/issues/alert/?alertid=9552521

      Time is of the essence! Congress could act very soon!

      It is extremely important that you submit your comments to your U.S.
      Senators and Congressperson today!

      Please note that your comments are most effective by submitting an
      email form that shares your personal experiences with BHRT (and/or
      other compounded medications) and states the positive impact it has
      had on your quality of life.

      We, at Women's International Pharmacy, thank you for working with
      us to fight for your freedom to choose BHRT and other compounded
      medications that are so important to your health and to your
      quality of life. Submit your comments today!
    • Gary Gromet
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2007
        I went to http://www.womensinternational.com/
        and posted this message for delivery to my 3 legislators.

        "My concerns about the draft Safe Drug Compounding Act of 2007
        that may soon be introduced by Senators Edward Kennedy, Richard
        Burr and Pat Roberts is that the cost of health care will go up
        by a factor of 10 for testosterone gel.

        "Using Testim, Androgel or Androderm costs the uninsured patient
        $230 per month. The costs incurred by the insured patient and his
        insurance company is unknown.

        "I buy a 3 month supply the same product compounded at the
        Universal Arts Compounded Pharmacy, 6500 West 4th Avenue, Hialeah,
        Fl 33012, for $55 including shipping costs.

        You can verify what I wrote by calling the pharmacy and ask to
        speak with Ramon Moreno, R. Ph., FIACP, (305) 556-9749.

        http://uaprx.com/aboutus.htm"

        http://www.womensinternational.com/ has a canned message which
        is okay, but if you use a compounding pharmacy, you should let
        your legislators know why you do so.

        - Gary

        --- In Rejuvenation@yahoogroups.com, "Ellis Toussier Bigio"
        <etoussier@...> wrote:

        > I received this, which is posted at Women's International
        > Pharmacy, a compounding pharmacy where many persons
        > have written to me to tell me they obtain their bio-identical
        > hormones. I think this is very important.
        >
        > "SAFE DRUG COMPOUNDING ACT of 2007"
        >
        > If this passes in the U.S.A., I am afraid there will be severe
        > restrictions on current legislation which allows Americans to
        > get bio-identical hormones or to buy medicines in Mexico and
        > Canada.
        >
        > I can see this legislation passing "to protect our children" etc.
        > and then clamping the Dark Ages on all of us, including me in
        > Mexico, because Mexico often copies U.S. legislation related to
        > health and medicine, since Big Brother knows best. - Ellis
        >
        > ====================http://www.womensinternational.com/
        >
        > THE FACTS: U.S. Senators Kennedy, Burr and Roberts have drafted
        > legislation (the so-called Safe Drug Compounding Act of 2007) that
        > would severely restrict and possibly deny your access to critical
        > compounded medications that you, your family and loved ones rely on.
        >
        > Compounded medications are made individually to meet the needs of
        > each patient. They provide necessary medications in appropriate
        > dosages for men and women who need bioidentical hormone replacement
        > therapy (BHRT), premature babies, children, hospital patients, the
        > elderly, hospice patients, and others.
        <<<<SNIP>>>

        see full previous post here: