* * * cycling off of hgh and testosterone

  • jonaspas@sprynet.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2003
      You are better off getting a stimulation test to test the true
      baseline levels. You may not need to get off the GH for that
      long since the stim test checks the pituitaries response to a
      GH stimulus. Common stim tests are the insulin tolerance and
      arginine test.

      FSH and LH can be tested without having to get off GH.

      {That is a really good suggestion! Thanks for writing...
      - Ellis}

      My doctor has asked me to cycle off of hgh and testosterone for
      about 6 weeks. I have been taking hgh for two months and
      testosterone supplements for about 7 months with no cycling.
      The doctor wants to get a baseline fsh and lh test and a
      baseline igf-1 test. Do you think that I need to stay off
      the hgh for 6 (whole) weeks?

      [If your doctor wants to take a baseline IGF-1 test, then YES,
      you need to stop taking HGH for six weeks... I think it is not
      going to really be a baseline HGH, you would have to stop taking
      HGF for a lot longer than 6 weeks to get a true baseline...
      Which brings up the point, if it is not going to be a true
      baseline, then why bother to take it? - Ellis]

      I have heard hgh will not affect your igf-1 levels for that
      long after you stop taking it.

      [People like to say things they don't know to be true, they just
      think it is true, it seems true, it sounds true. But I think
      if you will study my personal test results after stopping growth
      hormone for 30 days, you will see that there was a curve, going
      down.. and after 30 days my IGF-1 was 201, which is still much
      higher than normal for a man my age then, which was 54 years old,
      so it still had a long way to go down, and I suppose at least
      another month or maybe two.... I think it was 525 on day 0, then
      400, 280, 220, and 201 on day 30... The way it was going down,
      I think 2 weeks later it might have been 180, and a month later
      it might have been 150... it still could drop below that, I think.

      Day 30, My Pituitary Lives! http://www.rajeun.net/day30.html

      So... you might tell this to your doctor, and then discuss with
      him if finding out your baseline IGF-1 is really so critical
      for him to know, because it is not going to be pleasant for you
      to stop taking growth hormone for six weeks, and then the
      results are still not going to be true... so why bother to
      know it?

      On the other hand, you are not going to fall apart in those six
      weeks. And when you start to take GH again, you will regain the
      benefits almost immediately at the point where you were when you
      stopped, ie, it won't take you seven months to return to where
      you were before you stopped. It might take a day or two. - Ellis]

      If six weeks is too long, how long should I stay off of it to get
      an accurate IGF-1 reading?

      I am afraid that in that length of time the beneficial
      effects of the hgh will be lost and I will basically be starting
      over from scratch with the hgh. Am I analyzing this concern
      wrong? Any input would be helpful..

      Thanks to everyone and especially Ellis for all your knowledge.

      Jim

      It's my pleasure. Thanks for writing. - Ellis
    • zobex_usa
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5 1:25 PM
        ( I hope this post is not offensive as I think that this may be of
        interest to some to the group members ). Cool Idea, did you know
        that Clomid stimulates the Pituitary? I wonder if that would
        accelerate or decelerate rHGH effect?? I have been taking 50 mg
        Clomid on alternate days and found that when I take it, it seems to
        boost energy a bit as I tried stopping to see the effect and it
        did drop off a bit each time. Perhaps it is as with thyroid levels.
        Have taken a level "1" since I was 18 (have had blood tests every
        year).

        Now for DHEA. I have taken this for 5 months and yes it did raise
        my testosterone levels but I found one small side effect that
        surprised me. It had been suppressing my prostrate a bit. When
        I ran out and delayed reorders I found in a couple of days that my
        erection rate and hardness increased and the ejaculation pressure
        and amount increased.

        That is naturally a prostrate with more strength. Much delight
        to my GF and myself. I believe it served it's purpose but for
        the time I don't believe I need it any more.

        Thanks for this group, and the valuble information it's members
        provide.

      • Sandra Mannelli
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5 5:35 PM

          I cannot get my doc to do the insulin stim test, which is the gold standard test.  Arginine is unreliable, clonidine is for children and I did not know there was an L-dopa test.  He says he will do either l-dopa or clonidine.  He says he does not have the facilities for insulin provocative test.  This is ridiculous to me since there is a hospital down the street that the company works out of and they sent me there for a bone scan.

          My question is, has anyone ever had an l-dopa stimulation test?

          Sandra