Re: * * *GH only helps men, not women.

  • Sami4ESP@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2001
      In a message dated 7/31/01 2:45:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      bustybarbi2@... writes:

      > I feel that HGH only helps men, not women, because of the fact that
      estrogen, even our natural estrogen, blocks HGH. Just my humble opinion
      after taking 8 units of HGH for one year now and seeing no results. And mine
      is not fake, it comes right from Parke Davis. - K

      I have never heard of a GH from Parke Davis either. The major brands of GH
      in the USA are; Genetech Nutropin, Eli Lilly Humatrope, Pharmacia Genotropin,
      Novo Nordisk makes Norditropin and Serono Labs makes Serostim and Saizen.

      I would also like to know how you get the 8 units? Is that the line on the
      insulin syringe you use, or is it on the bottle of meds, or what?

      As for the estrogen, yes it is somewhat of a GH antagonist, but you will
      get body benefits from taking it anyway. I have lost nine pounds without
      trying over six months, a bad knee has stopped bothering me, I needed a new
      eye prescription as I was seeing better, my hair is turning darker. I don't
      think I have had those spectacular results either, but I sure am better.

      Read the label on your injection bottle and tell us what it says? Some of
      the reasons you may not be getting the big buzz are: Your own GH level
      was high and so you are not noticing it; your GH once it is mixed is only
      good for 24 hours and you are using it all week ; you have another
      medical condition.

      I would also like to say that the reason to take GH is to protect from
      the debilitating diseases of old age. This is far more important than the
      cosmetic enhancement that a lot of you seem to expect. It you want an anti
      aging look, get plastic surgery. Dr. Cranton once told me in an E mail that
      even if you think you are not getting the big wham from your injections, you
      are not going to be in a wheelchair at 80 either. I also think a lot of this
      hype around GH is just that. Some people can be given Kool-Aid and if they
      think it has magic properties will report them.

      [Sammie, you are reporting you lost nine pounds, a bad knee has stopped
      bothering you, you are seeing better, and your hair is turning darker...
      isn't this something to "crow" about? What about GH do you think is
      "just hype"? Your results are real, they are on the outside and can be
      seen, and so I am just as sure you are getting results on the inside that
      cannot easily be seen, but they are there, like improvements to your
      circulatory system, etc. Sammie, do you know what WAS your level of
      hemoglobin before you ever took growth hormone, and do you know what it
      is now? I have an interesting theory, which women might hate me for,
      or they might love me for it... I will write about it in a different
      post, but I am interested to know how growth hormone affects hemoglobin,
      especially in women. - Ellis]

      I once heard a story about a Roman Emperor that the people wanted to
      believe was a God. He himself denied it, but one day a man who couldn't
      walk begged him to touch him so he would be cured. At first the Emperor refused, but finally he did. The man jumped up and walked screaming, The
      Emperor is a God, I am healed. It scared hell out of the Emperor who
      insisted to his dying day he was only a military man of humble origin who
      had the good fortune to lead Rome.

      [And the moral of the story is: ... some people can be given Kool-Aid
      and if they think it has magic properties they will report them? Are
      there any other cases of men of humble origin, who others say they are
      God, who heal people? I seem to have heard that before. - Ellis]

      I think we would all like to know how old you are, what your baseline GH
      was, and what other medications you take?

      Sammie

      [A great post from Sammie, with her personal results which negates the
      theory that GH only helps men, and not women. It deserves three
      stars. - Ellis]

      ====================
      bustybarbi wrote:
      Subject: GH only helps men, not women.

      RE: I'm not seeing any results yet,

      I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with the response from Ellis. This is
      supposed to be an honest feedback forum, right? Not meaning any disrespect,
      but I feel that HGH only helps men, not women, because of the fact that
      estrogen, even our natural estrogen, blocks HGH. Just my humble opinion
      after taking 8 units of HGH for one year now and seeing no results. And mine
      is not fake, it comes right from Parke Davis.

      [Parke Davis? I never heard of growth hormone made by Parke Davis, (but
      I am not saying that what you are taking isn't growth hormone, just that
      I never heard of Parke Davis making growth hormone.) What brand of growth
      hormone are you taking?

      I disagree with you that growth hormone only helps men, not women. I
      would like to find out why 8 i.u.'s of GH hasn't given you any results,
      and the only thing I can think of is that you should go to a doctor or
      a pharmacist and show him your GH and explain what you have been doing,
      and maybe there is a mistake in what you are doing. You should also
      take an IGF-1 blood test. If it is not about 100 points above your
      baseline, then I would say your GH is fake, or if you don't know your
      baseline, then you should take a blood test with what you are taking,
      then inject 2 i.u.'s per day for 5 days and take a second test, and if it
      doesn't go up, then I would say it is almost surely fake. I repeat, I
      never heard of GH from Parke Davis, but it may be that I haven't heard of
      all the GH's.

      Julie Wheeler felt growth hormone a few minutes after her first shot, and
      she reported that she had very good results, for the six months or so that
      she took GH. Paula Carnes had fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue, and she
      reported very good results. Sammie will respond with her comments, I'm sure,
      and I hope other women will tell us their results. You can read Debby Myer's
      experience with growth hormone, and her macular degeneration... and you
      can read Elaine Johnston's experience with Crohn's Disease, here:

      http://www.geocities.com/Paris/5000/macular.html

      http://www.geocities.com/Paris/5000/crohns.html

      I might also say that I am getting good results but it is from a
      combination of therapies... are you doing your share to HELP growth
      hormone to work for you? Are you, at the very least, eating correctly and
      doing some exercise? (eating correctly to me means: avoiding fat whenever
      possible, cutting down on carbohydrates, and eating more protein whenever
      possible.) - Ellis]