Re: [Rejuvenation] hematocrit, oxygen

  • Giovanni M. Byrne Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2001
      Thanks for the great explanation.

      Regards

      G io v a n n i

      "Giovanni M. Byrne Jr." wrote:

      Hemoglobin= Red blood cells Example. Hemoglobin 13
      Hematocrit= Hemoglobin multiplied by 3. Hematocrit = 39.

      This is what I remember from working in the lab

      G i o v a n n i

      [O.k., but just a few observations: Hematocrit is NOT hemoglobin multiplied
      by three... Or hemoglobin is NOT hematocrit divided by 3. It just works out
      to be ABOUT that... Hematocrit is how much of the volume of blood is red
      blood cells. Suppose it is 39, as you used in the example above. You
      can ESTIMATE that hemoglobin is 39 divided by 3, but it is NOT hematocrit
      divided by 3, it is a figure that might be 12.4 or 13.6 and it should be
      tested and counted independently of hematocrit.

      Now... the importance of hematocrit is that it goes DOWN with age! It
      remains high from age 20 to 50... then it goes down about 3% from age 50 to
      70.... then it goes down about 12% from age 70 to 90... And if hematocrit
      goes down, hemoglobin goes down. And hemoglobin is what carries oxygen in
      your blood. SO...take somebody and starve his brain for 10 years with 15%
      less oxygen than when he was 50 years old, and what do you THINK you get?
      An old man that has lost a lot of memory! YES or NO? Is everybody
      listening? Look at this! Here is a sign of aging that I am saying is
      caused by declining oxygen levels in the blood. THE NORMAL RANGE FOR MEN
      IS HEMATOCRIT 38% to 52% That is the NORMAL range. Anemia is when you
      have below ? about 24, and it gets to be 13% or less. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE
      BRAIN OF ANYBODY WITH A HEMATOCRIT OF 13% COMPARED TO SOMEBODY WITH 50%?
      OR CAN YOU IMAGINE THE BRAIN OF SOMEBODY WITH A HEMATOCRIT OF 40% AND ANOTHER
      WITH 50%? Whose brain gets more oxygen? Hey! Oxygen is important! - Ellis]

      wayne wrote: Hi Ellis. The last test that I had, my iron count was fine.

      [What was "hematocrit" and "hemoglobin" ? This is different than
      iron count. - Ellis]

      The interferon interferes with strength and the ability to gain weight.
      I forced myself to eat and workout and could not gain weight or
      strength but I was able to maintain a level of strengh and weight.
      I am 44 yrs. old and figure my T. levels are slightly low. I have not
      taken any blood test to confirm this. I do take a small amount of GH,
      6IU`s a week. GH has not improved my strength, even though I do feel
      well on it. I thought improving my T. levels would help my vitality.

      What do you think Ellis? Thank you Wayne

      Giovanni M. Byrne Jr.
      Wyse Investment Group
      ICQ # 7029594