* * * How do you measure your health at any age? 10 Biomarkers

  • John Saggese
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17 8:40 AM
      Ellis:

      May I ask how old you are?

      And how do you measure your health at any age?

      John Saggese

      Ellis: Hello John. My birth certificate will be 68 years old in August...

      That is five months from now, so my birth certificate's age is closer to 68
      than it is to 67. I am about 40 in some ways, and about 68 in some
      other ways.

      That is a very good question: How do you measure your health at any age?

      There is not just one answer to this question. Here are 10 biomarkers
      that I think are important... There are probably others that I didn't think
      of right now (I am getting OLD...)

      Some of the questions I would ask to try to measure what is your true
      age would be:

      a. HOW OLD DO YOU * * * L O O K * * * ? In your own opinion, so you look
      YOUNGER or OLDER than your birth certificate? In other person's
      opinion, what age do they tell you that you appear to be ? Do you
      have a lot of wrinkles? Do you have a lot of hair? What color is your
      hair, compared to what color it was when you were 15?

      b. HOW OLD DO YOU * * * F E E L * * *? How much have you slowed
      down since you were 25 years old? Do you groan when you have to
      climb a flight of stairs? Can you walk a few blocks, walking fast?

      c. HOW OLD IS YOUR MIND? How creative are you? Do other people
      ask you for your opinion about something?

      d. HOW'S YOUR SEX LIFE ? If your answer is "Which sex life?" then you
      are already an OLD MAN (or woman.)

      e. WHAT PAINS YOU ? Do you have back pains? Do your knees hurt
      when you climb stairs? What else pains you?

      f. WHAT DISEASES DO YOU HAVE? Are you diabetic? Do you have
      cancer, or kidney problems?

      g. HOW OLD ARE YOUR SENSES? Can you SEE and HEAR and TASTE well?

      h. What does your BLOOD say ? Hb-A1c... P.S.A... Testosterone...
      hematocrit... hemoglobin... ? You don't want to be "average"... you want
      to be "OPTIMAL"... that is: Hb-A1c about 5.0, plus or minus 0.5
      P.S.A. less than 2... testosterone in the upper third of the normal range...
      hematocrit and hemoglobin at least 45% and 15%...

      The more your blood is less than optimal, the older you are "according to
      Ellis"...

      i. How well do you SLEEP at night?

      j. How many TEETH have you LOST ?

      - Thanks for writing... If you can think of other bio-markers, let's make
      this list more complete. What other bio-marker can you think of?