Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

* * * Re: Experiment No. 1: Blood Glucose and Aerobic Exercise

Expand Messages
  • C.Marley
    . It is SIMPLE. Ellis: But it is NOT so simple, because my blood glucose dropped 30 points the first 5 minutes... and it didn t drop at all the last 40
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
      . It is SIMPLE.

      Ellis: But it is NOT so simple, because my blood glucose
      dropped 30 points the first 5 minutes... and it didn't drop at all the
      last 40 minutes... And the blood glucose of some diabetics WENT UP when
      they did exercise. So it ISN'T SO SIMPLE.

      C. Marley: Yes it is! It is one of the simplest and best understood E
      concepts in physiology.

      You are confusing type 1 diabetics with type 2 diabetics. Type 1
      diabetics have an autoimmune disease which attacks the Islet cells.
      They have normal insulin sensitivity - they just don't have enough
      insulin.

      Type 2 diabetics have insulin resistance, they have plenty of insulin,
      sometimes too much, but can't use it because their cells are
      insensitive to insulin.

      Some Type 1 diabetics sugar will rise because the liver pumps out
      sugar in response to exercise, but they have very little insulin to
      transport the sugar into the cells.

      Ellis: I THINK the explanation is that blood glucose FROM CARBOHYDRATES
      is DIFFERENT from blood glucose FROM PROTEIN,

      C. Marley: You are mistaken. Glucose is a simple sugar composed of six
      carbon units. Glucose is glucose.

      A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. - cm

      = == =

      Ellis: O.K... I accept I was wrong to think that blood glucose from
      carbs is different from blood glucose from protein, and different
      from protein......

      I may not always be right, but sometimes am right.

      But I still think it is not so simple.

      If it is so simple, then please tell me what do YOU predict will be the
      result when I will do 12 sets of 5 minutes of aerobic exercise WITHOUT
      having had any breakfast... Will my blood glucose drop to around
      65 mg/dl and then stop dropping... or will it go LOWER than 65 mg/dl ?

      I, frankly, don't know what will be the result because although I have
      tested my blood sugar about 25,000 times in the past 10 years, I have
      not done aerobic exercise and tested my blood sugar.

      But I THINK my blood sugar might not drop below 65, anyways...

      What will hold it up? GLUCAGON. A healthy pancreas doesn't only
      have beta cells that release insulin, it also has alfa cells that release
      glucagon. Even though I think my pancreas is a bit beat up already,
      it still works like an old air-conditioner... Not as well as a new
      air-conditioner but better than no air-conditioner.

      I think my pancreas probably has working alfa cells and these alfa
      cells will release glucagon to put on the brakes of falling blood sugar.

      But I also believe my blood sugar could drop to upper 50's.

      But I would bet a dollar that it will not drop into the 40's or less...
      except if I would also take a dose of insulin, which is what some
      diabetic athletes have done... and then they have gone on to prove
      that insulin can kill. Now that I have seen how much blood sugar
      drops with aerobic exercise, I UNDERSTAND what happened to a
      diabetic a few years ago, who died after doing heavy exercise and
      then died in his sleep. I can see it very clearly, what happened.

      I never take insulin on an empty stomach. My golden unbreakable
      rule of using insulin is that I ALWAYS EAT SOMETHING whenever
      I inject insulin. They go together like bread and butter... love and
      marriage... horse and carriage.

      I'm not ashamed to say I was wrong about blood glucose from
      carbs and fat and protein being different. That was only
      Explanation A. The alphabet has more letters, and I can think
      of more explanations.

      Here is explanation B: My blood sugar dropped 30 points in
      5 minutes because my pancreas was not stimulated to shoot
      out glucagon, yet. It is like an elevator that is coming down,
      but the brakes are not applied to slow it down until it is a floor
      or two from where it is intended to stop.

      Then the brakes started to be applied, and it stopped going down
      when it got to about 65 mg/dl.

      When I'm not wrong, maybe it helps me to stay healthy to
      think of an explanation for how things work. Especially blood
      glucose. This is the biggest enemy of our health, and I am glad
      that I imagine how things work... even if I am mistaken when I
      imagine it.

      In any case, what I am trying to do is to avoid getting high blood
      sugar readings, and I'm trying to avoid hypo-glycemia, and I am
      trying to avoid a loss of neurons and diabetes.

      So... my explanation of why it fell so fast and then it didn't fall
      anymore was not correct. But my incorrect explanation would
      still cause anybody who reads it to avoid carbs. So he would do
      the good thing, for the mistaken reason... that is still o.k.

      I agree I like your explanation more than mine... but you didn't
      explain it in your first post. When you explained it, I agree with you,
      your explanation is better than my explanation because I am only
      an ignorant old man.

      But, for example, I might be wrong about using insulin to control blood
      sugar... but here I am, still alive 11 years after I started to use insulin,
      and nothing bad has happened do me, yet.

      So sometimes a little knowledge might be better than a whole lot of
      mistaken knowledge, which is what most doctors know about using
      insulin.

      I told a nurse recently, that I use insulin and I am not a diabetic.
      It was as if I had told Jay Olshansky or Thomas Perl: "I use growth
      hormone and I am not growth hormone deficient"

      IMMEDIATELY her response was: You should not auto-medicate.
      It can cause brain damage.

      I think if she had the power to fine me or forbid me from using
      insulin, she definitely would have fined me, or forbid me to use
      insulin, even if I think it has been fantastic for my good health.

      Ten years and 25,000 doses of insulin... and arrogant doctors still
      think they know more about what I should do for myself, than me.

      FORTUNATELY, MANY DOCTORS NOW ALSO AGREE WITH ME. If
      this would ever be debated in a public forum, I am sure some doctors
      would be on my side.

      "According to Ellis" I AM growth hormone deficient because I am 67
      years old and my body does not release as much HGH as it did when
      I was 25... I want to STAY YOUNG AND LIVE HEALTHY...

      But according to THEIR criteria, it is NORMAL that I should not have
      much HGH in my body and so I SHOULD ACCEPT IT AND GROW OLD AND
      DIE whenever it is my turn...

      Statistically, it will be my turn to kick the bucket in about 5 years,
      age 72 or 73... but why would I kick the bucket if I will still be young
      and healthy and strong?

      Here I am, age 67... already closer to age 68 than to age 67...

      And here I am without any pain in my body... without any disease...
      no heart problem... with plenty of strength... plenty of brown hair still
      growing on my head...

      A few wrinkles here and there... but wrinkles also come because you
      LAUGH a lot, and I am glad to say, I still LAUGH a lot.

      Thanks for writing. Please do tell me what do YOU think will be the
      result when I do 12 sets of 5 minutes of aerobic exercise on an
      empty stomach?

      - Ellis Toussier
    • C.Marley
      ... C. Marley: Your body will do everything it can to keep your blood sugar above 60. Below 60, your hypothalamus tests the blood and says to the adrenals:
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
        On 3/10/2013 9:33 AM, C.Marley wrote:
        >
        > If it is so simple, then please tell me what do YOU predict will be the
        > result when I will do 12 sets of 5 minutes of aerobic exercise WITHOUT
        > having had any breakfast... Will my blood glucose drop to around
        > 65 mg/dl and then stop dropping... or will it go LOWER than 65 mg/dl ?


        C. Marley: Your body will do everything it can to keep your blood sugar
        above 60.

        Below 60, your hypothalamus tests the blood and says to the adrenals:

        "Adrenals, we got a problem here! The glucose level is dropping fast and
        Brain doesn't like it when we get too low on that stuff!

        Got to get Liver making some glucose from all that glycogen she's got
        stored in there!

        Send a cortisol and adrenaline e-mail to Liver, and make it snappy!"

        However if you start dicking around with exogenous insulin, you could
        very well get into trouble, because your normal homeostatic defenses
        were not designed to deal with things injected from the outside.

        cm


        Ellis: Hey! It's contagious! You've been subscribed to Rejuvenation for
        so long that now YOU have the hypothalamus talking with the adrenals and
        sending e-mail messages to the liver!

        I'm glad to see you use your imagination to explain what happens. and I
        AGREE with you, that this is exactly what I think the hypothalamus might
        say to the adrenals.

        We'll know thirty years from now if dicking around with exogenous
        insulin was GOOD for me, or not. I am betting that it will have been
        good for me.

        But IF NOBODY TRIES WHAT I AM DOING because DOCTORS
        WARN US NOT TO DO IT, even after 20,000 shots of insulin
        that I think have been GOOD FOR ME, (because they haven't
        HARMED ME and they DID LOWER BLOOD SUGAR perhaps
        30 points for a few hours, each dose) then NOBODY WILL
        EVER KNOW if it is good or bad.

        The world needs me, Dr. Marley. I might be the crazy man that
        PROVES YOU ARE RIGHT, or I might be the crazy man that proves
        you are mistaken. But there is nobody else that WRITES about it,
        so the world needs a madman to DO what I am doing, and to
        write about it.

        Look: it doesn't COST me much... it doesn't HURT me much...
        it still has NOT CAUSED ME ANY HARM after 20,000 doses of
        insulin... it has LOWERED my blood sugar for a few hours each time
        that I injected insulin...

        So... I will risk that I might get into trouble because I use insulin.

        I also risk that I might get into trouble because I inject growth
        hormone every day. I still have not died because of that, either.

        And I also think it has been GOOD for me. It FEELS GOOD to be
        nearly 68 years old and LAUGH because I AM STILL YOUNG AND
        HEALTHY.

        Even if I should die tomorrow, I have already lived nearly 68 years
        in GOOD HEALTH... Nobody can take that away from me... As we
        say in Mexico, "What you have eaten and what you have danced,
        nobody can take away from you"... I am thankful for my nearly
        68 years in good health.

        Time will tell. I had to choose which road I would take, when I
        saw a lot of wrinkles on my face... and I knew that if I would have
        chosen the same road that everybody else goes on, I would grow
        old...

        I don't know what will happen at the end of the road I chose to
        go down on... but after nearly 16 years of growth hormone and 10
        years using insulin every day, I'm pretty happy that I have taken
        a dose of growth hormone and several doses of insulin every day.

        I wouldn't take the other road now, knowing what this road is like,
        even if I could go back in time. And I won't stop going on this road,
        because I LIKE what has happened... I'm alive... I'm healthy... I'm
        still laughing and playing... and I love being alive.

        So... Why worry about something BAD that might happen, if it hasn't
        happened yet?

        And if something BAD does happen to me, it probably can't be
        ANY WORSE than whatever would have happened to me, anyways!

        We will ALL KICK THE BUCKET, at the end. So that is what will happen
        to ME TOO, some day. It will be the SAME for me as has happened to
        everybody who went before me... I just hope I will not be senile
        near the end. (That is WHY I USE INSULIN !)

        It is what happens BEFORE I KICK THE BUCKET that matters, and so
        far, I'm O.K.

        Thanks for writing.

        Ellis Toussier
      • Mary Angel
        Mary Angel: Very good point of taking the other road. I ask Are you into bodybuilding? There are several 60 year olds here in south Florida that look great
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1 4:45 AM
          Mary Angel: Very good point of taking the other road. I ask "Are you into
          bodybuilding?"

          There are several 60 year olds here in south Florida that look great better
          than when they were young, but they have taken the road of bodybuilding.


          Ellis: Hello MaryAngel... No... I'm not really a "body builder"...but... I DO
          do exercise... and I have gone to gymnasiums on and off all my life... and
          I own some barbells and various weights, etc.

          But I'm not a "body builder"... I would be the laughing stock in a
          body-building contest, (which I would never enter...)

          I prefer "aerobic" exercise, such as walking or trotting, or in the gym,
          my favorite is the "elliptical..." which is sort-of like climbing stairs...
          without the hurt... I read "AEROBICS" by Dr. Kenneth Cooper many
          years ago, and the information in that book is still good and true today.

          I also read some Charles Atlas exercises, when I was about 15 or 16
          years old. "Dynamic Tension"...

          I can't say that I became an exercise freak, but I always
          understood the importance of exercising.

          And at some point I bought a course by Joe Weider... "weight lifting, etc."
          and I understood the importance of weight lifting and resistance exercises.

          I UNDERSTOOD THE IMPORTANCE, mind you... but I DIDN'T PRACTICE
          WHAT I UNDERSTOOD TO BE IMPORTANT as much as I should have...

          In fact, let me say it: I hardly ever did formal exercise... but I was a fan
          of knowing what to do (but I didn't do it.)

          That is perhaps why I liked taking Growth Hormone: it is the Lazy
          Man's Way to Look Better, without doing much exercise.

          I think my body looks better now, at age 67 nearly-68, than
          it did when I was 25, or 40, or 50...

          But I WILL GUESS that it is not because I knew that I should do exercise
          and didn't do it most of the time, but because I started to use growth
          hormone at age 52... and I started to use testosterone about age 55...

          I think growth hormone and testosterone really help to have more
          energy, and to have a younger looking body. As I like to say (a little
          bit irreverantly) "Thanks to God, and to Eli Lilly"

          Perhaps God gave me my body (which I am amazed with every little bit
          more that I learn about how it works... and I am amazed that I am alive
          and I am aware that I am alive...) but Eli Lilly surely gave me growth
          hormone.

          And somebody gave me testosterone. Thank you, whoever you are.

          I think I am getting closer to be a diabetic, but I am still not a diabetic
          yet... not as defined by the American Diabetes Assoc.

          But I have noticed that if I don't inject insulin at night my fasting blood
          glucose the next morning is higher than before... before, about 105 mg/dl... now, about 115 mg/dl to 120 mg/dl

          That is called "impaired glucose tolerance" which means my pancreas is
          not processing glucose the way I wish I would. At this rate, I expect I
          might be diabetic when my birth certificate will be age 75 or 80.

          So my wish to know that I will die of diabetes might come true, except
          now I think I might become diabetic BEFORE I am dead, and not AFTER I
          am dead... as I was hoping it might be.

          'Tis a pity. Such magnificent man... me... going to drop dead some day.

          Darn! I am mortal, after all !

          And... I confirm I am getting OLDER. I have a bit more GREY HAIRs now
          at age nearly-68 than I did at age nearly-53.

          BUT THAT IS ALL I HAVE AGED in 15 years. So at this rate, I think I
          might die of Old Age at about age 150...

          But diabetes will probably get me before then...

          So I suppose I will die some day, still in a young man's body...

          That's not so bad, is it? It is better than dying in an old man's body.

          Thank you, Eli Lilly. (P.S.: and God too...)

          - Ellis

          To: Rejuvenation@yahoogroups.com
          From: kailasha@...
          Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:42:27 -0400
          Subject: Re: Experiment No. 1: Blood Glucose and Aerobic Exercise

          On 3/10/2013 9:33 AM, C.Marley wrote:

          > If it is so simple, then please tell me what do YOU predict will be the
          > result when I will do 12 sets of 5 minutes of aerobic exercise WITHOUT
          > having had any breakfast... Will my blood glucose drop to around
          > 65 mg/dl and then stop dropping... or will it go LOWER than 65 mg/dl ?

          C. Marley: Your body will do everything it can to keep your blood sugar
          above 60.

          Below 60, your hypothalamus tests the blood and says to the adrenals:

          "Adrenals, we got a problem here! The glucose level is dropping fast and
          Brain doesn't like it when we get too low on that stuff!

          Got to get Liver making some glucose from all that glycogen she's got
          stored in there!

          Send a cortisol and adrenaline e-mail to Liver, and make it snappy!"

          However if you start dicking around with exogenous insulin, you could
          very well get into trouble, because your normal homeostatic defenses
          were not designed to deal with things injected from the outside.

          cm



          Ellis: Hey! It's contagious! You've been subscribed to Rejuvenation for
          so long that now YOU have the hypothalamus talking with the adrenals and
          sending e-mail messages to the liver!

          I'm glad to see you use your imagination to explain what happens. and I
          AGREE with you, that this is exactly what I think the hypothalamus might
          say to the adrenals.

          We'll know thirty years from now if dicking around with exogenous
          insulin was GOOD for me, or not. I am betting that it will have been
          good for me.

          But IF NOBODY TRIES WHAT I AM DOING because DOCTORS
          WARN US NOT TO DO IT, even after 20,000 shots of insulin
          that I think have been GOOD FOR ME, (because they haven't
          HARMED ME and they DID LOWER BLOOD SUGAR perhaps
          30 points for a few hours, each dose) then NOBODY WILL
          EVER KNOW if it is good or bad.

          The world needs me, Dr. Marley. I might be the crazy man that
          PROVES YOU ARE RIGHT, or I might be the crazy man that proves
          you are mistaken. But there is nobody else that WRITES about it,
          so the world needs a madman to DO what I am doing, and to
          write about it.

          Look: it doesn't COST me much... it doesn't HURT me much...
          it still has NOT CAUSED ME ANY HARM after 20,000 doses of
          insulin... it has LOWERED my blood sugar for a few hours each time
          that I injected insulin...

          So... I will risk that I might get into trouble because I use insulin.

          I also risk that I might get into trouble because I inject growth
          hormone every day. I still have not died because of that, either.

          And I also think it has been GOOD for me. It FEELS GOOD to be
          nearly 68 years old and LAUGH because I AM STILL YOUNG AND
          HEALTHY.

          Even if I should die tomorrow, I have already lived nearly 68 years
          in GOOD HEALTH... Nobody can take that away from me... As we
          say in Mexico, "What you have eaten and what you have danced,
          nobody can take away from you"... I am thankful for my nearly
          68 years in good health.

          Time will tell. I had to choose which road I would take, when I
          saw a lot of wrinkles on my face... and I knew that if I would have
          chosen the same road that everybody else goes on, I would grow
          old...

          I don't know what will happen at the end of the road I chose to
          go down on... but after nearly 16 years of growth hormone and 10
          years using insulin every day, I'm pretty happy that I have taken
          a dose of growth hormone and several doses of insulin every day.

          I wouldn't take the other road now, knowing what this road is like,
          even if I could go back in time. And I won't stop going on this road,
          because I LIKE what has happened... I'm alive... I'm healthy... I'm
          still laughing and playing... and I love being alive.

          So... Why worry about something BAD that might happen, if it hasn't
          happened yet?

          And if something BAD does happen to me, it probably can't be
          ANY WORSE than whatever would have happened to me, anyways!

          We will ALL KICK THE BUCKET, at the end. So that is what will happen
          to ME TOO, some day. It will be the SAME for me as has happened to
          everybody who went before me... I just hope I will not be senile
          near the end. (That is WHY I USE INSULIN !)

          It is what happens BEFORE I KICK THE BUCKET that matters, and so
          far, I'm O.K.

          Thanks for writing.

          Ellis Toussier
        • John Mcgough
          John: There is a new British protocol where they claimed to restore your pancreas in six weeks. However the diet is only 600 cal per day. The theory as to
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 10 12:44 PM
            John: There is a new British protocol where they claimed to
            restore your pancreas in six weeks. However the diet is only
            600 cal per day.

            The theory as to why it works is that the pancreas will lose
            its excess fat as these people generally are overweight.

            So my question is: would it work for me, a very fit male?

            I need a way to determine if my pancreas is loaded with
            extra fat. Any thoughts?

            There are also studies that involve fasting which also is to
            restore the pancreas to normal functioning.

            John


            Ellis: Hello John...

            To answer your question, first... would a 600 calorie diet for
            6 weeks work for you, a very fit male, to restore your pancreas?

            If it works for non-fit males, to restore your pancreas...

            I would suppose that YES, it will work for you too, a very fit male.

            There is no reason why a GOOD procedure would only work for
            sick persons. It might only be ATTEMPTED on sick persons,
            because they are the ones who need it the most...

            But everything we are discussing and doing on Rejuvenation is
            what very sick persons should be doing too, but they are not
            doing it... which is possibly why they are very sick persons.

            But, yes, yes, yes. I feel sure that if a 600 calorie diet will
            help the pancreas of sick persons, it will also help the pancreas
            of very healthy persons to remain very healthy.

            How to determine if your pancreas is loaded with fat... I don't
            know about that... How do they determine it with sick persons?
            Maybe with an ultra-sound? Maybe with x-rays, or blood tests?

            I know how you can determine if your pancreas is "like new"
            or "a bit beat up" or "very badly beat up." See my genius
            page: "Assess Your Pancreas... The Poor Man's Glucose
            Tolerance Test."

            http://www.rajeun.net/assess.html

            Amazing, that I ever wrote that page at all... I read it again,
            and it is perfect, and I can't believe it is so useful.

            Even more amazing, that I wrote it when I was just learning
            about blood glucose and diabetes.

            Incredible, that a doctor didn't write a similar page many
            moons before. Where are they? Why didn't anybody write
            a page like this before I did?

            Very interesting, the report that a 600 calorie
            diet might re-set the pancreas... Six weeks, at 600 calories?
            That shouldn't be difficult to do...

            All you need is the "Wa-Shu-Fi Vi-Min-O-Pro" formula that
            I wrote about a few weeks ago. That means:

            Water + Sugar + Fiber + Vitamins and minerals + Oil (FAT) +
            Protein...

            and "Sugar" really means "CALORIES from CARBS or OIL or PROTEIN"

            So we can simplify the formula as follows, because "sugar" doesn't
            really have to be there:

            WATER + CALORIES + FIBER + Vitamins and minerals + Oil (Fat) + Protein

            THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO STAY ALIVE and healthy.

            Remember that? I wrote to say how I was hospitalized in 1984,
            and they fed me through my veins for three days. I was neither
            hungry nor thirsty for those three days. It is called "Total
            Parenteral Nutrition" which means they try to feed your body
            everything that your body needs.

            (Note: they do not feed you "fiber" through your veins... I add
            fiber to the formula, but I eat through my mouth so it is not
            "Total Parenteral Nutrition"...

            Let's call it "Total ENTERAL Nutrition" which means, everything
            our body needs to stay alive and healthy, based on what doctors
            have found are the essentials in patients who sometimes are
            unconscious and have to eat through their veins for many years.

            So I went on to DEFINE a "fast" on my terms... Like Gandhi,
            who "fasted" only on WATER, for I think 40 days, and he lost
            a lot of weight which included muscle, and he lost good health...

            I would prefer to "fast" on 600 calories such that you are
            allowed by the definition of this fast to DRINK all the water
            you like, DRINK some fiber, DRINK some vitamins and minerals,
            DRINK a spoonful of butter or olive oil, and EAT a hard boiled
            egg or two or three (note: hard boiled egg has plenty of
            PROTEIN and also Vitamins and minerals, some water, and
            some FAT... all of which are allowed in the "fast" definition...)

            You won't eat through your veins, as I did when they fed me
            through my veins... But you will not be HUNGRY at all, and you
            will not be THIRSTY at all.. and unlike Gandhi, you will not
            lose muscle, and your health will probably be maintained.

            AND of course YOU WILL LOSE FAT.

            Whether or not you will lose FAT in your pancreas, I CAN'T
            REALLY SAY...

            But I will GUESS that if there is FAT in your pancreas, it will
            probably MELT AWAY, the same as fat everywhere else in your
            body !

            And if there is excess fat in your stomach, or in your legs, or
            in your arms... it will ALSO MELT AWAY from wherever it is.

            The important thing is: YOU WILL NOT BE HUNGRY... and...
            YOU WILL NOT BE THIRSTY... and... YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR
            GOOD HEALTH in doing this "Ellis Toussier Fast"...

            Gandhi had his way of fasting. I have my way of fasting.

            Gandhi was a great man, and I admire him. But his manner of
            "fasting" was not good for his good health.

            So... if you decide to try a 600 calorie meal plan for a few weeks,
            I THINK YOU CAN DO IT EASILY on 600 calories, with NO THIRST and
            NO HUNGER but FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS, above.

            Thanks for writing. Please write again if you try this 600 cal
            diet plan, and tell us what are your results.

            - Ellis
            etoussier(at)safe-mail.net
          • John Mcgough
            John: Thanks for your answer. I have been taking insulin because of you. Ellis: You have been taking insulin because of me?!! That is a great honor to
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 13 9:57 AM
              John: Thanks for your answer. I have been taking insulin because
              of you.

              Ellis: You have been taking insulin because of me?!! That is a great
              honor to know it... I'm very glad whenever I learn that somebody is
              doing something good for their health which I think you learned
              from me.



              John: This has not stopped my pancreas from very slowly getting worse.

              When I started my morning fasting glucose was 102 without any insulin.

              When I incorporated insulin my morning fasting glucose was 80.

              Now three years later with insulin my morning fasting glucose is back
              to 102.

              That's why I consider doing the program and my question is whether you
              would consider doing this calorie restricted program since I noticed from
              your writings that your insulin readings are following my pattern?

              - John


              Ellis: Wait a minute... that's not what I said is happening to me. Yes,
              I think my pancreas might be advancing on the Road to Diabetes,
              but my morning fasting glucose is 115 to 120 IF I DO NOT TAKE
              INSULIN the night before, or if I ate horribly the night before (as I
              do if I am invited to somebody else's house for dinner... usually
              very delicious food, but bad for blood glucose.

              (And... WHENEVER I TAKE INSULIN I always EAT something, at that
              moment.)

              The key to control blood glucose is still: EAT LOW CARBS (because
              SUGAR = 100% carb) and DO SOME AEROBIC EXERCISE whenever
              you can, especially if your blood glucose is high...

              And of course, a small dose of insulin before (preferably) or after
              you eat...

              And also... attempt to have a small amount of "background insulin"
              in your blood, which you can get from long-lasting insulin such as
              Lantus or Levemir. (note: I use Lantus... Dr. Bernstein uses
              Levemir...)

              I would like to ask you some questions about your experience using
              insulin: (note: others who use insulin, please also answer... we will
              all learn from your experience...)

              = = = questions to persons who use insulin:

              How long have you used insulin?

              What is your Hb A1c ?

              Which insulin do you use?

              How often do you inject insulin?

              How often do you check your blood glucose?

              Please tell us what have been your results. Do you usually have
              your blood glucose under control (when you ate low carbs)?

              Do you think that taking insulin has had any BAD side effect ?

              Do you think that your pancreas has gotten worse BECAUSE you
              take insulin?

              Have you gotten hypo-glycemia? How often since you take
              insulin have you gotten hypo-glycemia?

              If you did get hypo-glycemia, to what did you attribute it to?
              (ie, for what REASON do you think you got hypo-glycemia?)

              ===
              Ellis (continued) :

              If I were you, I would try a small dose of long-lasting insulin, and
              continue with your fast-acting insulin as you are doing now.


              After I wrote my post a few days ago saying that my blood sugar
              is about 115 to 120 in the morning, IF I DO NOT take insulin the
              night before, I thought about it, and after a few years of not using
              Lantus, I bought a vial of Lantus and now I am trying it, again.

              5 iu of Lantus (which in me is equivalent to about one half of
              one iu steady, for 24 hours) in the morning and 5 iu Lantus in
              the afternoon about 6 PM should not cause me any problem of
              hypoglycemia AND it should help to keep my blood sugar
              controlled (ie, hopefully, below 100 mg/dl.)

              Somebody wrote to tell me that Dr. Bernstein prescribed a long
              lasting long acting insulin ("Levemir") to her. She was told to
              inject a small dose, and check her blood sugar, and keep
              on increasing the dose until she got 83 mg/dl in the morning
              fasting blood sugar levels.

              Now, I started off with 5 iu Lantus in the morning and 5 iu Lantus
              in the afternoon, (plus Humulin R with meals) and I hope this will
              result in blood glucose below 100 and after I find my dose, below
              90's...

              For your information: I copy and paste what this person who
              consulted with Dr. Bernstein wrote to me:

              ==== somebody wrote this to me:
              if you got hypoglycemia on Lantus because you forgot to eat,
              you used too much Lantus. Dr. B. taught me to use just enough
              long lasting insulin to keep my blood sugar at 83 if I don't eat.
              So, I never get hypoglycemia.

              Regarding long acting insulin like Lantus or Levemir, Dr. B. had
              me start with 1/2 a unit and then test my fasting blood sugar at
              various times during the day.

              I increased by a 1/2 unit at a time until my fasting blood
              sugar was around 83 consistently.

              ====



              On Apr 10, 2013, at 12:44 PM, John Mcgough <jrwmg@...> wrote:

              > John: There is a new British protocol where they claimed to
              > restore your pancreas in six weeks. However the diet is only
              > 600 cal per day.
              >
              > The theory as to why it works is that the pancreas will lose
              > its excess fat as these people generally are overweight.
              >
              > So my question is: would it work for me, a very fit male?
              >
              > I need a way to determine if my pancreas is loaded with
              > extra fat. Any thoughts?
              >
              > There are also studies that involve fasting which also is to
              > restore the pancreas to normal functioning.
              >
              > John
              >
              > Ellis: Hello John...
              >
              > To answer your question, first... would a 600 calorie diet for
              > 6 weeks work for you, a very fit male, to restore your pancreas?
              >
              > If it works for non-fit males, to restore your pancreas...
              >
              > I would suppose that YES, it will work for you too, a very fit male.
              >
              > There is no reason why a GOOD procedure would only work for
              > sick persons. It might only be ATTEMPTED on sick persons,
              > because they are the ones who need it the most...
              >
              > But everything we are discussing and doing on Rejuvenation is
              > what very sick persons should be doing too, but they are not
              > doing it... which is possibly why they are very sick persons.
              >
              > But, yes, yes, yes. I feel sure that if a 600 calorie diet will
              > help the pancreas of sick persons, it will also help the pancreas
              > of very healthy persons to remain very healthy.
              >
              > How to determine if your pancreas is loaded with fat... I don't
              > know about that... How do they determine it with sick persons?
              > Maybe with an ultra-sound? Maybe with x-rays, or blood tests?
              >
              > I know how you can determine if your pancreas is "like new"
              > or "a bit beat up" or "very badly beat up." See my genius
              > page: "Assess Your Pancreas... The Poor Man's Glucose
              > Tolerance Test."
              >
              > http://www.rajeun.net/assess.html
              >
              > Amazing, that I ever wrote that page at all... I read it again,
              > and it is perfect, and I can't believe it is so useful.
              >
              > Even more amazing, that I wrote it when I was just learning
              > about blood glucose and diabetes.
              >
              > Incredible, that a doctor didn't write a similar page many
              > moons before. Where are they? Why didn't anybody write
              > a page like this before I did?
              >
              > Very interesting, the report that a 600 calorie
              > diet might re-set the pancreas... Six weeks, at 600 calories?
              > That shouldn't be difficult to do...
              >
              > All you need is the "Wa-Shu-Fi Vi-Min-O-Pro" formula that
              > I wrote about a few weeks ago. That means:
              >
              > Water + Sugar + Fiber + Vitamins and minerals + Oil (FAT) +
              > Protein...
              >
              > and "Sugar" really means "CALORIES from CARBS or OIL or PROTEIN"
              >
              > So we can simplify the formula as follows, because "sugar" doesn't
              > really have to be there:
              >
              > WATER + CALORIES + FIBER + Vitamins and minerals + Oil (Fat) + Protein
              >
              > THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO STAY ALIVE and healthy.
              >
              > Remember that? I wrote to say how I was hospitalized in 1984,
              > and they fed me through my veins for three days. I was neither
              > hungry nor thirsty for those three days. It is called "Total
              > Parenteral Nutrition" which means they try to feed your body
              > everything that your body needs.
              >
              > (Note: they do not feed you "fiber" through your veins... I add
              > fiber to the formula, but I eat through my mouth so it is not
              > "Total Parenteral Nutrition"...
              >
              > Let's call it "Total ENTERAL Nutrition" which means, everything
              > our body needs to stay alive and healthy, based on what doctors
              > have found are the essentials in patients who sometimes are
              > unconscious and have to eat through their veins for many years.
              >
              > So I went on to DEFINE a "fast" on my terms... Like Gandhi,
              > who "fasted" only on WATER, for I think 40 days, and he lost
              > a lot of weight which included muscle, and he lost good health...
              >
              > I would prefer to "fast" on 600 calories such that you are
              > allowed by the definition of this fast to DRINK all the water
              > you like, DRINK some fiber, DRINK some vitamins and minerals,
              > DRINK a spoonful of butter or olive oil, and EAT a hard boiled
              > egg or two or three (note: hard boiled egg has plenty of
              > PROTEIN and also Vitamins and minerals, some water, and
              > some FAT... all of which are allowed in the "fast" definition...)
              >
              > You won't eat through your veins, as I did when they fed me
              > through my veins... But you will not be HUNGRY at all, and you
              > will not be THIRSTY at all.. and unlike Gandhi, you will not
              > lose muscle, and your health will probably be maintained.
              >
              > AND of course YOU WILL LOSE FAT.
              >
              > Whether or not you will lose FAT in your pancreas, I CAN'T
              > REALLY SAY...
              >
              > But I will GUESS that if there is FAT in your pancreas, it will
              > probably MELT AWAY, the same as fat everywhere else in your
              > body !
              >
              > And if there is excess fat in your stomach, or in your legs, or
              > in your arms... it will ALSO MELT AWAY from wherever it is.
              >
              > The important thing is: YOU WILL NOT BE HUNGRY... and...
              > YOU WILL NOT BE THIRSTY... and... YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR
              > GOOD HEALTH in doing this "Ellis Toussier Fast"...
              >
              > Gandhi had his way of fasting. I have my way of fasting.
              >
              > Gandhi was a great man, and I admire him. But his manner of
              > "fasting" was not good for his good health.
              >
              > So... if you decide to try a 600 calorie meal plan for a few weeks,
              > I THINK YOU CAN DO IT EASILY on 600 calories, with NO THIRST and
              > NO HUNGER but FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS, above.
              >
              > Thanks for writing. Please write again if you try this 600 cal
              > diet plan, and tell us what are your results.
              >
              > - Ellis
              > etoussier(at)safe-mail.net
              >
            • John Mcgough
              John: In response to your questions: I have been using insulin for approximately 4 years. I use Humulin R ( regular ) before meals and Humalog (fast-acting
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 16 12:26 PM
                John: In response to your questions: I have been using
                insulin for approximately 4 years.

                I use Humulin R ("regular") before meals and Humalog
                (fast-acting short-duration) three hours after meals if
                my level is not satisfactory after testing with my glucose
                meter.

                Through experience I have learned that my blood sugar
                peaks two and half hours after eating.

                My Hb A1c is 5.4

                I check my glucose about six times a day.

                I inject In the morning when I get up, and I use fast-acting
                after doing a reading.

                I inject Humulin R before each meal and I inject with
                fast-acting Humalog if my reading is too high 3 hrs after a meal.

                Before I go to bed I check again, and I usually have to inject
                fast acting because my glucose level always wants to go back
                up to 102. Even if I wake up at 2 AM and inject to lower it to
                70 , in the morning it will still be around 100.

                (Ellis: note: this is "normal" because the liver shoots out glucose
                early in the morning, to start to wake you up. Dr. Bernstein calls
                it "the Dawn Phenomenon"... You could probably lessen its effect
                with long-lasting insulin such as Lantus or Levemir.)

                John: I agree I need a long lasting insulin. However I am afraid to
                take Lantus because there are four European studies showing
                it is linked to cancer.

                Levemir would be my choice but it is very expensive and I need
                to get a prescription. That's not easy to do when you are not
                officially a diabetic.

                The other insulins I use are sold over the counter in Canada without
                a prescription. Any ideas on how I can get these?

                Of course I believe I've only been helped by using insulin as I
                can avoid the highs.

                I have experimented with going hypoglycemic to increase growth
                hormone per your suggestion. I find that I am fine until I reach
                57 when I noticed some slight effects.

                The biggest difference between our philosophies is that I will eat
                the entire fruit And make fresh vegetables juices as I believe it is
                Essential for my personal Health as it is part of my cancer diet.

                I was diagnosed with myeloma a terminal cancer 32 years ago.

                I have learned how much insulin to take to compensate for the
                fruit and fresh juices. Otherwise those are the only carbs I consume,
                meaning I do not eat rice, potatoes, bread etc.

                Our other difference is that I do strenuous physical exercise for
                one hour, six days a week.

                If the British protocol would work and restore my pancreas then
                I would need even less insulin which I think would be a good
                thing.

                John



                Ellis: Hello John...

                The proof is in the pudding, as they say. You are alive and
                still kicking 32 years after you had terminal cancer...

                That says something to me: You practice what you preach much
                better than I do. I should start imitating you a bit. I WISH I would
                do one hour of strenuous exercise every day.

                And I WISH I could say point blank, as you do: "I do not eat rice,
                potatoes, or bread." I AVOID rice, potatoes and bread, and I would
                say I eat very little rice, potatoes, and bread... But in fact I eat one
                of these almost every day. My philosophy about eating these foods
                that I know are bad for my health is

                "Eat Twice of the Good, and Half of the Bad."

                That is not as good as Dr. Bernstein's, who says his Hb A1c is
                4.5% and whose philosophy I suppose would be "Eat Twice of
                the Good, and None of the Bad."

                But that is the truth of how I eat. I avoid the worst, but usually
                I eat a little of what is Delicious But Bad.

                In any case, I congratulate you for your decision to use insulin,
                and for checking your blood glucose six times each day.

                Most diabetes specialists don't recommend to use insulin...

                I think you are LUCKY to have bumped into me (excuse my
                modesty, but it is true...) and so you learned a very unusual idea
                from me which I am convinced is correct... and I am glad that
                you took your own decision to use insulin correctly, because
                I know it is correct to keep blood sugar controlled, even if
                almost every doctor who practices medicine thinks I am wrong,
                except my doctors, who agree with my decision...

                And I am very happy to know that you are not a diabetic and you
                are using insulin, too...

                And I am happy that you always monitor what happens to your
                blood sugar with a blood glucose meter, because there is no
                other way to know for sure what is your blood glucose... Even
                after more than 25,000 blood glucose tests, I do not trust
                what I GUESS, with better than plus or minus 15% error. But
                that is not good enough.

                I suppose you learned that from me, too, because most diabetes
                doctors are OPPOSED that their patients should monitor blood sugar
                constantly because they say it is "obsessive".

                Yes, if keeping blood sugar tightly controlled is "obsessive" then
                it is good to be "obsessed" to keep blood sugar controlled. I know
                this will be better for my good health in the long run than if my
                blood sugar goes higher than 100 mg/dl... and if I don't test often,
                I can't do it.

                So I am happy that YOU do it, too.

                But I disagree with you about using Lantus, which you are afraid
                to use because "it might cause cancer". You are staying away
                from lowering your blood glucose a lot better, which you would
                like to do and you know how to do it, for fear of some studies that
                are controversial anyways.

                Cancer appears in one out of three persons in the world anyways,
                and the same people who are in the age to have diabetes are the
                ones with most probability of getting cancer.

                So how can a study show that those who used Lantus also got
                more cancer, unless that study was done on millions of persons
                who did, and millions of persons who did not take Lantus?

                It is too easy for somebody to do a study and come to a mistaken
                conclusion. They do it all the time, with growth hormone. I
                don't listen to them, I listen to my eyes and my results.

                In any case... I think you would be better off to get the benefit of
                Lantus which you know will lower blood glucose in the morning,
                and try to detect cancer if it should happen, with the P.S.A. or the
                A.M.A.S. tests.

                And continue to avoid the known risk factors of cancer and heart
                attack, which are the biggest killers. So, avoid smoking, obesity,
                high blood glucose, high blood pressure, etc.

                There are studies that show that high IGF-1 is associated with cancer,
                and there are doctors that say that HGH might cause cancer... and
                I take a dose of HGH every day, which gives me a high IGF-1.

                Am I going to listen to a European study, or to Jay Olshansky or
                Thomas Perls, more than I am going to listen to my own body and
                my own good results? No!

                Please do a Google search for "Lantus cancer"

                I worry more about high blood glucose in the morning which I
                know I would like to lower, and I know how to lower it, than
                worry about cancer caused by Lantus which lowers my morning
                blood glucose, which is what I want. I'll go with Lantus.

                The only side effect I want to avoid is hypoglycemia by Lantus...

                And that I will do by not overdosing on Lantus.

                You check your blood glucose about 6 times each day... In one
                year, that is 365 x 6 = 2,190... in 4 years that is almost 9,000
                blood tests!

                And if you injected 3 times each day for 365 days for 4 years,
                that is nearly 4,000 doses of insulin... so far...

                Question: Have you noticed any BAD side effect from this
                experiment? Have you noticed that you damaged your pancreas?
                Or that you have had any brain damage? Do you feel you MUST
                inject insulin, ie, do you think you have become ADDICTED to insulin?

                I LIKE very much that you try to bring your blood glucose down
                from 102. Many diabetes doctors would be opposed to this,
                for the fear of hypoglycemia.

                But I AM SURE that is the right thing to do because I ASKED
                Dr. BERNSTEIN precisely THAT QUESTION: What do you do if
                your blood sugar is 100 (mg/dl) ? He answered, he takes a dose
                of insulin to bring it down.

                If you take the correct dose of insulin, and you take a bite to
                eat, there is no reason I can think of why you would get hypo-
                glycemia. But that is typical Dr. Bernstein vs. the entire American
                Diabetes Association. (Viva Bernstein !)

                So if you have injected 4000 doses, and if each dose brought
                your blood sugar level down for 4 hours each time, that is already
                16,000 hours that your blood sugar was less than it would have
                been if you had NOT injected insulin. I expect that in the long
                run, this will mean better health for you.

                Less damage to the cells of your body also means you are
                slowing down telomere shortening.

                Have you noticed ANY bad side effect at all?

                MANY diabetics have told me that their doctors have TOLD THEM
                that 130 mg/dl, or even more, is "good". If the DOCTOR is
                lenient, the patient is always MORE lenient. Which is why they
                are VERY HAPPY to have HbA1c about 6.0 or even 7.0, (which
                is "HORRIBLE" or "DEATHLY" "according to Ellis")...

                How sad it is, in my opinion, for Americans not to be able to buy
                medicines that are available over the counter in Canada and Mexico
                and Europe... You cannot buy them freely without begging a doctor
                to give you a prescription. I don't know how you can get the
                insulin that you would like in Canada... go on a vacation to
                Canada, I suppose...

                Congress created a monster, and the monster is totally out of
                control. Tijuana is full of American doctors who have made
                Tijuana a large center for "alternative medicine" meaning everything
                that is NOT PERMITTED for them to do or try, across the border.
                And it is also full of Americans buying medicines that they can't buy
                on the other side of the border...

                Why must Americans have to travel to another country in order to
                be able to buy something that you would like to put into your body,
                because you cannot buy it without a prescription in the U.S.A.? Why
                isn't a prescription required in other countries, and it is in the U.S.A.?
                Has anybody heard of any country that has had a health crisis
                or anybody sick or dying because we can buy growth hormone or
                long-lasting insulin without a prescription?

                It makes you wonder: Which side of the border is the Land of the
                Free? Free, to do What? On which side of the border are there
                2,000,000 persons locked up in jail, many of them for petty
                reasons? (such as smoking mariguana, which you may or may not
                agree is a good or bad thing to do... but ultimately, it harms
                nobody except the liquor industry...)

                So then, why are they in jail?

                Perhaps if you find a diabetes doctor who is also a diabetic
                himself he can give you a prescription for Levemir... of course
                you have to pay at the front desk, for a prescription. Why do you
                need to consult a doctor for something which you know more
                about than he does, and you have to beg for a prescription for
                something you already know you need?

                Thanks for writing.

                Ellis Toussier

                On Apr 13, 2013, at 9:57 AM, John Mcgough wrote:

                > John: Thanks for your answer. I have been taking insulin because
                > of you.
                >
                > Ellis: You have been taking insulin because of me?!! That is a great
                > honor to know it... I'm very glad whenever I learn that somebody is
                > doing something good for their health which I think you learned
                > from me.
                >
                > John: This has not stopped my pancreas from very slowly getting worse.
                >
                > When I started my morning fasting glucose was 102 without any insulin.
                >
                > When I incorporated insulin my morning fasting glucose was 80.
                >
                > Now three years later with insulin my morning fasting glucose is back
                > to 102.
                >
                > That's why I consider doing the program and my question is whether you
                > would consider doing this calorie restricted program since I noticed from
                > your writings that your insulin readings are following my pattern?
                >
                > - John
                >
                > Ellis: Wait a minute... that's not what I said is happening to me. Yes,
                > I think my pancreas might be advancing on the Road to Diabetes,
                > but my morning fasting glucose is 115 to 120 IF I DO NOT TAKE
                > INSULIN the night before, or if I ate horribly the night before (as I
                > do if I am invited to somebody else's house for dinner... usually
                > very delicious food, but bad for blood glucose.
                >
                > (And... WHENEVER I TAKE INSULIN I always EAT something, at that
                > moment.)
                >
                > The key to control blood glucose is still: EAT LOW CARBS (because
                > SUGAR = 100% carb) and DO SOME AEROBIC EXERCISE whenever
                > you can, especially if your blood glucose is high...
                >
                > And of course, a small dose of insulin before (preferably) or after
                > you eat...
                >
                > And also... attempt to have a small amount of "background insulin"
                > in your blood, which you can get from long-lasting insulin such as
                > Lantus or Levemir. (note: I use Lantus... Dr. Bernstein uses
                > Levemir...)
                >
                > I would like to ask you some questions about your experience using
                > insulin: (note: others who use insulin, please also answer... we will
                > all learn from your experience...)
                >
                > = = = questions to persons who use insulin:
                >
                > How long have you used insulin?
                >
                > What is your Hb A1c ?
                >
                > Which insulin do you use?
                >
                > How often do you inject insulin?
                >
                > How often do you check your blood glucose?
                >
                > Please tell us what have been your results. Do you usually have
                > your blood glucose under control (when you ate low carbs)?
                >
                > Do you think that taking insulin has had any BAD side effect ?
                >
                > Do you think that your pancreas has gotten worse BECAUSE you
                > take insulin?
                >
                > Have you gotten hypo-glycemia? How often since you take
                > insulin have you gotten hypo-glycemia?
                >
                > If you did get hypo-glycemia, to what did you attribute it to?
                > (ie, for what REASON do you think you got hypo-glycemia?)
                >
                > ===
                > Ellis (continued) :
                >
                > If I were you, I would try a small dose of long-lasting insulin, and
                > continue with your fast-acting insulin as you are doing now.
                >
                > After I wrote my post a few days ago saying that my blood sugar
                > is about 115 to 120 in the morning, IF I DO NOT take insulin the
                > night before, I thought about it, and after a few years of not using
                > Lantus, I bought a vial of Lantus and now I am trying it, again.
                >
                > 5 iu of Lantus (which in me is equivalent to about one half of
                > one iu steady, for 24 hours) in the morning and 5 iu Lantus in
                > the afternoon about 6 PM should not cause me any problem of
                > hypoglycemia AND it should help to keep my blood sugar
                > controlled (ie, hopefully, below 100 mg/dl.)
                >
                > Somebody wrote to tell me that Dr. Bernstein prescribed a long
                > lasting long acting insulin ("Levemir") to her. She was told to
                > inject a small dose, and check her blood sugar, and keep
                > on increasing the dose until she got 83 mg/dl in the morning
                > fasting blood sugar levels.
                >
                > Now, I started off with 5 iu Lantus in the morning and 5 iu Lantus
                > in the afternoon, (plus Humulin R with meals) and I hope this will
                > result in blood glucose below 100 and after I find my dose, below
                > 90's...
                >
                > For your information: I copy and paste what this person who
                > consulted with Dr. Bernstein wrote to me:
                >
                > ==== somebody wrote this to me:
                > if you got hypoglycemia on Lantus because you forgot to eat,
                > you used too much Lantus. Dr. B. taught me to use just enough
                > long lasting insulin to keep my blood sugar at 83 if I don't eat.
                > So, I never get hypoglycemia.
                >
                > Regarding long acting insulin like Lantus or Levemir, Dr. B. had
                > me start with 1/2 a unit and then test my fasting blood sugar at
                > various times during the day.
                >
                > I increased by a 1/2 unit at a time until my fasting blood
                > sugar was around 83 consistently.
                >
                > ====
                >
                > On Apr 10, 2013, at 12:44 PM, John Mcgough <jrwmg@...> wrote:
                >
                > > John: There is a new British protocol where they claimed to
                > > restore your pancreas in six weeks. However the diet is only
                > > 600 cal per day.
                > >
                > > The theory as to why it works is that the pancreas will lose
                > > its excess fat as these people generally are overweight.
                > >
                > > So my question is: would it work for me, a very fit male?
                > >
                > > I need a way to determine if my pancreas is loaded with
                > > extra fat. Any thoughts?
                > >
                > > There are also studies that involve fasting which also is to
                > > restore the pancreas to normal functioning.
                > >
                > > John
                > >
                > > Ellis: Hello John...
                > >
                > > To answer your question, first... would a 600 calorie diet for
                > > 6 weeks work for you, a very fit male, to restore your pancreas?
                > >
                > > If it works for non-fit males, to restore your pancreas...
                > >
                > > I would suppose that YES, it will work for you too, a very fit male.
                > >
                > > There is no reason why a GOOD procedure would only work for
                > > sick persons. It might only be ATTEMPTED on sick persons,
                > > because they are the ones who need it the most...
                > >
                > > But everything we are discussing and doing on Rejuvenation is
                > > what very sick persons should be doing too, but they are not
                > > doing it... which is possibly why they are very sick persons.
                > >
                > > But, yes, yes, yes. I feel sure that if a 600 calorie diet will
                > > help the pancreas of sick persons, it will also help the pancreas
                > > of very healthy persons to remain very healthy.
                > >
                > > How to determine if your pancreas is loaded with fat... I don't
                > > know about that... How do they determine it with sick persons?
                > > Maybe with an ultra-sound? Maybe with x-rays, or blood tests?
                > >
                > > I know how you can determine if your pancreas is "like new"
                > > or "a bit beat up" or "very badly beat up." See my genius
                > > page: "Assess Your Pancreas... The Poor Man's Glucose
                > > Tolerance Test."
                > >
                > > http://www.rajeun.net/assess.html
                > >
                > > Amazing, that I ever wrote that page at all... I read it again,
                > > and it is perfect, and I can't believe it is so useful.
                > >
                > > Even more amazing, that I wrote it when I was just learning
                > > about blood glucose and diabetes.
                > >
                > > Incredible, that a doctor didn't write a similar page many
                > > moons before. Where are they? Why didn't anybody write
                > > a page like this before I did?
                > >
                > > Very interesting, the report that a 600 calorie
                > > diet might re-set the pancreas... Six weeks, at 600 calories?
                > > That shouldn't be difficult to do...
                > >
                > > All you need is the "Wa-Shu-Fi Vi-Min-O-Pro" formula that
                > > I wrote about a few weeks ago. That means:
                > >
                > > Water + Sugar + Fiber + Vitamins and minerals + Oil (FAT) +
                > > Protein...
                > >
                > > and "Sugar" really means "CALORIES from CARBS or OIL or PROTEIN"
                > >
                > > So we can simplify the formula as follows, because "sugar" doesn't
                > > really have to be there:
                > >
                > > WATER + CALORIES + FIBER + Vitamins and minerals + Oil (Fat) + Protein
                > >
                > > THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO STAY ALIVE and healthy.
                > >
                > > Remember that? I wrote to say how I was hospitalized in 1984,
                > > and they fed me through my veins for three days. I was neither
                > > hungry nor thirsty for those three days. It is called "Total
                > > Parenteral Nutrition" which means they try to feed your body
                > > everything that your body needs.
                > >
                > > (Note: they do not feed you "fiber" through your veins... I add
                > > fiber to the formula, but I eat through my mouth so it is not
                > > "Total Parenteral Nutrition"...
                > >
                > > Let's call it "Total ENTERAL Nutrition" which means, everything
                > > our body needs to stay alive and healthy, based on what doctors
                > > have found are the essentials in patients who sometimes are
                > > unconscious and have to eat through their veins for many years.
                > >
                > > So I went on to DEFINE a "fast" on my terms... Like Gandhi,
                > > who "fasted" only on WATER, for I think 40 days, and he lost
                > > a lot of weight which included muscle, and he lost good health...
                > >
                > > I would prefer to "fast" on 600 calories such that you are
                > > allowed by the definition of this fast to DRINK all the water
                > > you like, DRINK some fiber, DRINK some vitamins and minerals,
                > > DRINK a spoonful of butter or olive oil, and EAT a hard boiled
                > > egg or two or three (note: hard boiled egg has plenty of
                > > PROTEIN and also Vitamins and minerals, some water, and
                > > some FAT... all of which are allowed in the "fast" definition...)
                > >
                > > You won't eat through your veins, as I did when they fed me
                > > through my veins... But you will not be HUNGRY at all, and you
                > > will not be THIRSTY at all.. and unlike Gandhi, you will not
                > > lose muscle, and your health will probably be maintained.
                > >
                > > AND of course YOU WILL LOSE FAT.
                > >
                > > Whether or not you will lose FAT in your pancreas, I CAN'T
                > > REALLY SAY...
                > >
                > > But I will GUESS that if there is FAT in your pancreas, it will
                > > probably MELT AWAY, the same as fat everywhere else in your
                > > body !
                > >
                > > And if there is excess fat in your stomach, or in your legs, or
                > > in your arms... it will ALSO MELT AWAY from wherever it is.
                > >
                > > The important thing is: YOU WILL NOT BE HUNGRY... and...
                > > YOU WILL NOT BE THIRSTY... and... YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR
                > > GOOD HEALTH in doing this "Ellis Toussier Fast"...
                > >
                > > Gandhi had his way of fasting. I have my way of fasting.
                > >
                > > Gandhi was a great man, and I admire him. But his manner of
                > > "fasting" was not good for his good health.
                > >
                > > So... if you decide to try a 600 calorie meal plan for a few weeks,
                > > I THINK YOU CAN DO IT EASILY on 600 calories, with NO THIRST and
                > > NO HUNGER but FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS, above.
                > >
                > > Thanks for writing. Please write again if you try this 600 cal
                > > diet plan, and tell us what are your results.
                > >
                > > - Ellis
                > > etoussier(at)safe-mail.net
                > >
                >
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.