* * * Very Good Book, Free Today, on Kindle books

  • Ellis2ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
      NOTE: You do NOT need to own a "Kindle" to read Kindle books. You can
      download an app from Amazon.com for any computer or Apple or Android
      pad, etc...

      This book is FREE today on Kindle books, and I recommend you should all get it and study it...

      Physiology: Custom Designed Chemistry

      http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ATEDI06

      At first I didn't even understand the title... Custom Designed Chemistry?
      What is that?

      I paste this from the Preface:

      =======
      Why learn chemistry in a physiology course? Some universities have removed physiology from their curriculum, because students and teachers felt it was too “hard” a course.   However, entrance to healthcare professional training programs usually requires that students complete credits for some form of physiology course.

      Having been a physiologist for over 30 years, and having watched my students struggle with this subject, I came to the conclusion that the key to understanding this science is to grasp how living systems creatively tailor a limited number of chemistry’s principles for their own use. Most anatomy and physiology courses start with a week of lectures focused upon basic chemistry.   Students ask “Am I in the wrong class?   I thought I signed up for physiology!”   It feels rather like getting on an airplane to Washington DC and finding out by surprise that your flight is going to New York City.

      The temptation is to skim over the chemistry section and move on to reading the next set of material about how cells function.   The problem with doing this does not surface until later in the course when chemistry’s principles are repeatedly used to support explanations of particular physiologic functions.

      This e-book and several more that I am writing for life science students are designed to provide you with a framework for understanding the custom-designed chemistry of physiology.   I was taught the basics of this framework 30 years ago by a superb group of professors at the University of California, Davis, and it has proven to be relatively timeless.   New understanding of the details of physiology has progressed enormously since then, including sequencing of the human genome and the explosion of new knowledge about the human immune defense system.   Twenty or thirty years from now the details will expand even further, but the basic principles will remain the

      Thompson Reece, Margaret (2012-12-25). Physiology: Custom-Designed Chemistry (What is physiology?)
      =====

      Since it is free today, I think you should get it so you can study it when you
      want to. GO... get it, and READ the Preface and the Introduction... READ the
      Table of Contents...

      Then skim over page by page until you have gone through the whole book,
      so you will know what is in this book, and then you can READ it and STUDY
      it when you have a chance to.

      It is not complete, yet. The author is writing more books to continue to
      explain physiology. But this first one is very very interesting, and it is
      something I think we should all study because I think it helps us to UNDERSTAND
      WHY we should choose the foods that I think are GOOD for us.

      - Ellis
    • ohneclue
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2013
        Ohneclue: That is NOT free unless you are a member of Prime. Otherwise, it is $8.95 which is NOT free by my understanding of the word.

        Ellis: You arrived late. AND you didn't read the whole post. I wrote it was free TODAY, which means it was free on the day that I sent the post.

        When I say it is FREE today, it means "it is free TODAY."

        It won't be free tomorrow, because these are PROMOTIONS... The author offers it free for a few days so that a few hundred or thousand people will download his book, hopefully some of them will READ IT, and hopefully some of them will WRITE A BOOK REVIEW about it.

        Here is another book which is free today. I hope it will be useful, sometimes...

        Power of Vitamin D New Scientific Research Links Vitamin D Deficiency to Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Kidney Disease, Fibromyalgia... etc

        http://www.amazon.com/Scientific-Deficiency-Fibromyalgia-Depression-ebook/dp/B0037QH0C0/ref=sr_1_14?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1359799871&sr=1-14

        I hope it helps you. - Ellis

        contact me: etoussier(at)safe-mail.net