What is the matter with this little boy's doctors?

  • Ellis2ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2010
      Ellis: I received a link to this page, about a boy in England who is age 10, the oldest of his 3 other brothers, but he is shorter than his 3 year old sister.

      http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/09/my-boy-s-10-but-he-s-the-size-of-a-three-year-old-115875-22171880/

      The reason I am sending you this link is because I am SHOCKED and DISMAYED by the narrow mindedness or the total ignorance (or is it fear of growth hormone?) of his DOCTORS...

      If they were in Outer Mongolia, I can understand such ignorance, but they are IN ENGLAND!

      I paste some short sentences here, to condense the story, and I put in CAPITAL LETTERS what I am in shock to read:

      ====================================
      The average 10-year-old is 4ft 7in but Kain is just 3ft – an inch smaller than his three-year-old sister Sharona.

      A host of tests failed to come up with an answer and even when Kain was referred to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London aged five, the doctors still couldn't diagnose his condition.

      "Doctors did tests for obvious things that might account for Kain's failure to grow, such as dwarfism, but they were ruled out," explains Aron, 30.

      "We've never had a diagnosis, which makes things hard in all sorts of ways. Mainly we just want to know why Kain is small. If there was some sort of deficiency or whatever, it might be possible to treat it, and we would have a likely prognosis."

      Later this year he'll have A BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT from his little sister Elise, which they hope will make him stronger.

      "We're really hoping the transplant will give him a much better quality of life and AFTER THAT WE'LL PROBABLY GET GROWTH HORMONE TREATMENT TO HELP HIM GROW TALLER..

      At the moment we're just taking each day as it comes."

      ======================================

      Ellis: They are going to try A TRANSPLANT BEFORE THEY TRY GROWTH HORMONE???!!!

      WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE MATTER WITH THOSE DOCTORS?!!!

      Damn! I can't get over it!

      He is TEN YEARS OLD and NINETEEN INCHES SHORTER than average for his age and THEY HAVEN'T TRIED GROWTH HORMONE YET???

      This little boy is suffering BECAUSE OF HIS DOCTORS IGNORANCE or STUPIDITY... Why didn't they try to give him growth hormone when he went to the doctors when he was 5 years old? Why are they going to try A BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT which they hope will make him "stronger" (NOT TALLER...) before they try GROWTH HORMONE?

      I don't know the reason why they did not but it probably was FEAR OF GROWTH HORMONE, or IGNORANCE, and "let's WAIT until he is older..." or some other ridiculous reason.

      I feel frustrated to read this story, and I wish this little boy was in Mexico. I have seen little children like this many times, and they ALL grew taller with growth hormone.

      It is NOT NECESSARY to make tests for "deficiencies" but it doesn't bother me if they do tests to fill their files.... I would IGNORE if the tests "show" that there is not a growth hormone deficiency because no matter WHAT the tests say, IT IS OBVIOUS to me that THERE IS a growth hormone deficiency. Even if there is NOT a growth hormone deficiency, short children will grow taller with HGH, if it is given to them.

      X-rays of his hands should NOT be necessary, but I won't ever be able to convince DOCTORS not to do X-rays of hands of little children... they LOVE to do tests... I don't mind BLOOD TESTS but I HATE that they take UNNECESSARY X-rays because of the radiation. I don't even like X-rays of the hands of older children, but to take x-rays of a three year old, or a 10 year old to try to determine what is his "BONE AGE" is truly UNNECESSARY.

      There would have been ZERO DOWNSIDE RISK to give him HGH at age 5, and there would have been many PROBABLE BENEFITS including that he would have GROWN TALLER by now... So there should not have been a delay of five years so far...

      But now that he is 10 years old, it is CRIMINAL in my mind for them to try SOMETHING ELSE (A TRANSPLANT!!!) besides the obvious first treatment. - Ellis

      My related pages:

      http://www.rajeun.net/growtaller.html

      http://www.rajeun.net/growtaller1.html

      http://www.rajeun.net/boneage.html

      - Ellis
    • C.Marley
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2010
        Ellis2ca wrote:

        >Ellis: I received a link to this page, about a boy in England who is age 10, the oldest of his 3 other brothers, but he is shorter than his 3 year old sister.
        >
        >http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/04/09/my-boy-s-10-but-he-s-the-size-of-a-three-year-old-115875-22171880/
        >
        >The reason I am sending you this link is because I am SHOCKED and DISMAYED by the narrow mindedness or the total ignorance (or is it fear of growth hormone?) of his DOCTORS...
        >
        >If they were in Outer Mongolia, I can understand such ignorance, but they are IN ENGLAND!
        >
        >I paste some short sentences here, to condense the story, and I put in CAPITAL LETTERS what I am in shock to read:

        C. Marley, M.D. : Judging from the lack of scalp hair and the wrist
        deformity that can be seen in the photo, this is not likely to be a
        growth hormone deficiency case, but rather one of the rare types
        of genetic dwarfism. - cm, m.d.

        Ellis: But he is 10 years old and they have NEVER given him Growth
        Hormone to grow taller... they never TRIED it, in TEN YEARS... and now
        they are going to give him BONE MARROW transplant to make him
        "stronger".

        He doesn't need to be STRONGER, he needs to be TALLER. I know
        growth hormone... it makes short children grow taller.

        He will get growth hormone AFTER his bone marrow transplant, and I
        can already tell you what is going to happen: the bone marrow transplant
        will do nothing for his height, and the growth hormone will make him
        grow taller very quickly...

        IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO HIM WHEN HE WAS 1 or 2 years old...
        but there is no excuse why it was not attempted when he was 5 years
        old when he went to see the doctors in the big famous hospital.

        But I am not a doctor, so don't listen to me... - Ellis