Re: URGENT: Dietary Supplement "Safety" Act...

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2010
      Steve: Government needs to stay out of adults bussiness. WE ARE
      ADULTS. Why can't we sign consent forms? My most bothering
      question is: why stop H.G.H. being on the market can't we form or
      band together to change the law?

      Ellis: Yes, you can band together to vote for your Senators and
      Representatives, who are the ones who make Laws...

      You vote for the person who will be your representatives in the
      state or national Congress, which is where Laws are passed or
      changed...

      You have to write to your Congressman and tell him what you wish
      he would vote for or against, and in theory he will listen to you
      and to others and hopefully he will defend your interests...

      Steve: Next thing will be I can't buy soap of my choice. I'ts all
      about money. It needs to stop. Steve Weese

      Ellis: Everything is about money. The fact is that there is
      not enough money for everything they would like to do, but
      they keep on spending as if money will never run out. If they
      stop spending, it stops programs which puts people out of work...

      So there is an incentive to spend without end, and blast the day
      that you have to pay for it.

      The immediate problem right now is that they want to pass a Law
      that will regulate the manufacture of dietary supplements...
      and vitamins have never been controlled like medicines before.

      If you don't want a law like this, then you should write to your
      Congressmen NOW to oppose and try to stop it before it becomes a
      Law.

      Your complaint won't matter after there is a Law that you don't
      like, because then you have to get them to change the Law, and
      that's not easy.

      Can you imagine needing to get a prescription to buy Vitamin C?
      That is essentially what already has happened to many medicines
      in the U.S. that we can buy without prescription in Mexico...

      And this might be what happens to vitamins and minerals in the
      U.S., if this bill becomes a Law. Even if you won't need a
      prescription, more regulations mean more expenses, which will
      translate into more expensive vitamins and minerals and fibers
      etc. What is all this regulation for? What is the purpose of
      more regulations?

      - Ellis