* * * Re: My Fasting Blood sugar = 130 mg/dl

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2009
      Hello Ellis,

      My blood sugar spiked at 190 and I decided to follow your advice.

      Ellis: Hello Tom... Which advice did I give you that you decided to follow?

      Tom: Here is the 3 week follow up. I am down, 7 lbs, 2-3 inches on
      my waste, and my blood sugar is now 125 compared to 190.

      Not bad for 3 weeks or so. I am going to have before and

      after photos.

      Ellis: You cannot say that your blood glucose is "now 125 compared
      to 190" because your blood glucose is a very temporary reading, it
      will change immediately after each meal... Fasting blood glucose
      will also vary each day, and it is related to what you ate the
      night before.

      And in any case, "according to Ellis" 125 mg/dl is still too high...
      If you want to follow my advice, you have to get your blood glucose
      down to below 100 mg/dl... and then you want to keep it between 70
      and 100 mg/dl, all day, every day...

      This is not easy to do, but if this is your goal, it is possible
      to keep your blood glucose below 100 mg/dl most of the time, and
      if you are aware that it is above 100 mg/dl after you eat, then
      you have taken a giant step in bringing it down...

      So... the FIRST THING you have to do is CHECK YOUR BLOOD GLUCOSE
      LEVEL before each meal, and after each meal... If you don't do
      this, there is really NO WAY for you to know that your blood glucose
      is high (unless you already have so much experience with previous
      blood glucose tests that you KNOW or CAN GUESS that it is high
      becaue you know you ate badly and you know that what you ate will
      have raised your blood glucose somewhere above 100 mg/dl).

      You FEEL very well when your blood glucose is killing you... it
      doesn't hurt at all... you don't feel nauseous at all, you don't
      have a stomach ache or a head ache, you don't get any fever... but
      it is still killing you, slowly.

      So... start to check your blood glucose, perhaps 6 to 10 spot checks
      per day, every day for a few months... that will teach you something
      about your body that no amount of money can buy in lab tests.

      Write down your results... keep notes of what you ate and what
      was your blood glucose before and 30 minutes after each meal... if
      you get blood glucose higher than 110, take another reading 60 minutes
      after... and if it is still above 110, take another reading after
      120 minutes. Spend money on test strips, they are cheap, and
      each one will add to your knowledge of how your body reacts to
      various types of food.

      I group ALL foods into the SEVEN groups that are shown on my
      Carbohydrate Thermometer...

      The Amazing Carbohydrate Thermometer
      http://www.rajeun.net/carbotherm.html

      There is no food that is not in one of these seven groups... they
      are:

      1 ANIMAL ORIGIN (beef, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, yoghurt...
      gelatin made from bones... anything that was once alive...etc...)

      2 VEGETABLES (tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, onions, etc.)

      3 FRUITS (apples, pears, mangoes, oranges, water melon, etc.)

      4 STARCHES (potatoes, rice, corn, spaghetti and pasta, nuts, etc.)

      5. BREAD (anything that looks like bread: cookies, tortillas,
      pita bread, French bread, whole wheat bread, etc...)

      6. SWEETS AND CEREALS (Corn Flakes, Honey Smacks, etc. candies,
      chocolates, etc.)

      7 SUGAR (most powders that are not protein, sugar, etc.)

      The seven groups are in order from zero to 100, percent carbohydrates.
      So... zero percent carbohydrates times the amount of food, gives you
      a very good estimate of how many grams of carbohydrates you are
      eating...

      So when you eat, look at your food, perhaps weigh it on a scale,
      and try to calculate how many grams of carbohydrates you are eating.
      See how you react to that amount of carbs... I, for example, cannot
      eat more than 20 grams of carbs in one meal... or else my blood
      glucose will shoot way over 130 mg/dl.

      So, of course I cannot eat starches, bread, sweets and cereals,
      or sugar. I can only eat a very small amount of fruits... as I
      say "less than how much fruits I would like to eat...)

      That leaves me only with ANIMAL ORIGIN and VEGETABLES that I can
      splurge on...

      For your information, my personal poison is chocolate ice cream, and
      mangoes, and fruits in general... but I never eat a lot of my poison.
      And I inject insulin if I do.

      - Ellis

      Tom: I excercise moderately, inject Testosterone 300 mg every 6
      days, take 1000 mg metformin twice a day.

      Ellis: Again "according to Ellis" that is a mistake. Metformin
      makes the insulin that your pancreas produces more effective...
      but your pancreas continues to produce insulin... so when you
      force your pancreas to produce insulin, it will wear out eventually,
      like a motor that will slowly wear out because it is used too much...

      Much better "according to Ellis" is for your pancreas NOT to produce
      insulin because you already took care of it... you injected
      insulin.. The only time your pancreas has to produce insulin is
      when you are asleep, or you forgot to inject insulin.

      Non-Diabetic Use of Insulin
      http://www.rajeun.net/usinginsulin.html

      But that is only "according to Ellis"... I am not a doctor, so
      don't do what I do only because I do it... but I think I am right,
      I think I am not mistaken. (I am also the Man with The Legendary
      Ego, so maybe I am mistaken...)

      Tom: Oh, and I seriously cut the carbs. NO sugar, bread, rice,
      etc. Once a week I have desert, with sugar. So far so good.

      Ellis: Good. Once a week you harm your body, but it is better
      than 21 times a week... but no time is better than one time...

      Tom: Will keep you informed if you want with before and after
      pictures.

      Thanks for the help.

      Tom

      Ellis: My pleasure. Yes, please keep us informed, and send us
      pictures. Thanks. - Ellis