Part 2 of STEP 2: THE EARLY APOCRYPHAL TRADITION, 1964-1969

  • Beth Savage
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      My comments on the Larson interview

      1. “With the ideotheos of young intellectual people, you come up with
      strange ways of passing the time.” (761)
      My best guess of the definition of “ideotheos” is ideas about the
      divine. In other words, that this is the time of one’s life when you
      think about the nature of the world, the divine, etc.

      2. “I really didn't know Dave that well, and we didn't get along that well.”
      I was glad this statement was there. It’s easy to think that all druids
      hung out and liked one another- and to see them as a coherent group. We
      can see that’s not the case today (just search the archives for OMS),
      but we can get that impression of the past. Things get smoothed out.
      Kind of like how basic history classes present the Constitutional
      Congress and the famous picture. You (or I) may picture them as all
      hanging out, working as a group, yet in reality they fought, argued, and
      didn’t get along.

      3. “Everyone wanted the Eighth or the tenth, because there is all sorts
      of initiation possibilities.”
      Was it because of the chance of being struck by lighting in the 8th and
      dying in the 10th? I would have thought that the 4th and 5th would be
      favorites due to their association with beer and fine liquors.

      4. I thought that the idea of RDNA as an umbrella organization was
      interesting, but it would require RDNA getting organized enough to fill
      out the appropriate paperwork. So you either end up with an organization
      that helps others get legitimacy but isn’t as open anymore or one that’s
      open but isn’t organized enough to help others.

      4. I really liked Robert’s interpretation of Druidism, but I can how it
      become an organizing force. After all, once you find your truth, you
      want to share it with others- and it’s difficult to accept that people
      might like some of your truth, but want to change it.

      5. Does anyone know what kind of work Robert did? Just curious.

      Peace and Health,
      Beth
    • Tezra Reitan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2006

        Are you talking about Robert Larson?  He worked in a copy shop, I

        think it was a Kinko's.
        Tegwedd

        5. Does anyone know what kind of work Robert did? Just curious.

        Peace and Health,
        Beth

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings: