Step10: Historical Wrap Up Time, I think
- Okay, I admit it,
I've fallen WAY behind on Schedules, while we're waiting for the
Magazine Files to go on-line (now looking like next week), why don't
we skip Step 9 for a week or so and jump to Step 10? Step Nine, if
we can manage it, will be the last part of the Study Program.
Let's finish strong.
STEP 10 : Review of History of Reformed Druidism
Purpose: Review Mike's summary of 40 years of Reformed Druidism
(focusing naturally on first 20 years (1963-1983)) and refreshing
your memory of the various readings we have done.
Read 50 pages (631-686) of Part Eight: A General History of Reformed
As usual, answer at least one quesion and/or significantly reply to
another posting. Please pick one of the following, or generate your
own question and answer it:
* What are your feelings about the underlying major themes of
* How would you summarize Reformed Druidism as a whole in less than
* Are there any similiarities between the RDNA and other fraternal
* How do you think Mike's biases and Carleton background have biased
* Is there an aspect that is missing from the history?
* How does RDNA history compare with the start-up of other religions
you are familiar with?
* What intrigues with the RDNA approach to its own literature?
* How have communication technology affected the way Druids operate?
* What are the strengths and/or weaknesses of the Reform?
* Is the Reform a religion, a philosophy or something else?
* Any comments on recent events (1983-2003) that are lightly covered
in Part Eight?