RDNA and Druids

  • James Wahner
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2008
      Hello.
      My name is Darmoq I am a high Druid in the national Palm*Grove. I am
      a Fully ordaigned Druid in the Universal Live Church and in the
      Church of spiritual humanism. I have been a member of the RDNA since
      2002 and I started my own grove in Florida called the palm Grove,
      where I hade a 12 person membership of verying denominations and one
      aprentice.

      For personal reasons I left the Flatlands and huricanes of Florida
      for the snow capped mountains of PA where I now reside.

      I have read many of the books available on druidism and studied all
      of the current information online from the many different druid sects.

      One thing that I discovered in my searches is that : if one is to be
      a true druid they cannot just study the druids of old , but they must
      study the subjects that our ancestors would have studied to become
      druids.

      One should know and understand the green realm and the animals and
      plants etc within ,what they are usefull for and what their meaning s
      are.
      ONe should study the stars and know the movements within and the
      constellations.

      One should know the ancient gods and who they were and what they did.
      and one should be able to perform magickal workings.

      Be proficient in song story and poetry, be adept in divinitory
      practices and the like.
      these among other things are what the ancient druids learned knew
      and did.

      But the Druids of OLd were not happy to sit and learn of ages before
      they lived on the cutting edge. Always seeking new informtion from
      other cultures that they visited and incorporating what they liked
      into their own, and advancing, always the initiator.
      and always adapting to the changing world and the society.

      A druid in todays world has a great wealth of information available
      without ever stepping foot on a ship.
      THey must adapt their ways and workings to what is relevant to people
      in todays world.

      THe RDNA gives us the most open and varied road available to any
      culture. taking the true ways of the ancient druids and incorporating
      it into what is relevant in todays society.

      With few tenets and a wide open road to run on we can take what ever
      we need from all of the cultures around the world and incorporate it
      into what we already believe.

      There is no right or wrong there is only advancing knowledge, wisdom
      and spiritualism to a fine point.
    • Tezra Reitan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2008
        Good to meet you Darmoq.  I am Tegwedd.  I was ordained a 1st Order Druid
        in 1974, and became a 2nd and 3rd Order Druid in 1975.  I am the Co-ArchDruid
        and Chronicler for Hazelnut MotherGrove, which is situated online and in Sacramento,
        CA.  I like divination and ritual design.  If you like, I can send you an invite to the
        online grove.If you want, you can write to me offlist.  We can also chat.  On
        Yahoo IM, I am teresa.reitan@... or penelopeweasel2007, on Windows Live
        msgr, I am tezra156@..., and on AIM I am brigit156.
        Tegwedd ShadowDancer

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2008
          Hello Tegwedd,

          I am glad to meet you.
          YEs please send the link to me for the online grove.
          You can find me on Yahoo messenger as Jameswahner.
          Darmoq

          --- In Reformed_Druid_Texts@yahoogroups.com, "Tezra Reitan"