210 gallon RR AGA

  • justtrainnut
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
      I am struggling with a decision that I have been putting off since Christmas. My Christmas Present this year was a leak in my aquarium.Obviously because of its size I cannot just grab a friend and move it. I fear that the leak came from a shift in the floor or supports of some kind. The tank was in place for 3 or so years and then it started dripping from 10 or more locations.

      I do not feel I have the tools, equipment, or knowledge to reseal the tank. Nor would I trust it after completion.

      I have built an entire wall of cabinets with the fish tank in the center, with cabinet and entertainment center to the right and entry way closet cabinet to the left. I have this 6 foot hole for a fish tank.

      I don't have the money right now to get a new tank, almost but not quite, I was first considering a steel stand inside the wood cabinet, but don't really have a knowledge on how big that needs to be to hold a 3000# tank.

      I have also been toying with the idea of several smaller tanks, but I cannot get through my head how that would look, right now the 24 x 30 x 72 tank is fully enclosed with only the front panel exposed. The edges of the front are also behind a frame so you cannot see the silicone or plastic base or top plastic, that is all hidden from view behind oak. I can remodel this if someone has a good idea.

      Alright if you want to through some knowledge at one or all of these challenges go for it.
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2013
        Totally understand not wanting to spend money on a new tank, but... how about a used tank? Very often people get out of the hobby and sell all their stuff for pennies on the dollar - especially fish tank stuff. Chances are you could find the same size tank for sale with all the hardware and maybe fish for less than the price of a new tank alone. And if you only wanted the tank, you could very likely sell all the accessories for a profit on what you paid by piecing it out.