Re: [ReefKeeping] are there any active group members?

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 2, 2009
      What color is this rock crab? Anything like a Thai Crab?

      ---- Becky Ellen <majormaam@...> wrote:
      > He climbs up the electrical cord of the pumps in the sump and then down across the floor through the hallway into the kitchen and up the electrical cords of the other sump. The first time I noticed it was in the other sump, was on 1 Apr. I got really mad at my husband for playing such a prank; he said he didn't do it. The next day the crab was in the other tank. He still said he didn't do it. But... I just knew my husband was behind it.
      >
      > Then 1 day he was at work and I found the crab on the floor scrambling to get to the other tank.  I had to apologise big time to my husband.
      >
      > ________________________________

    • Becky Ellen
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 2, 2009
        Well I had to  image google "Thai Crab", got a lot of gourmet cooked ones, except for this one:
        http://i.pbase.com/u36/paul_h/upload/29345683.lon003br.jpg

        my little guy looks very simular.

        Why?

        ________________________________
        From: Rich wd6esz@...

        What color is this rock crab? Anything like a Thai Crab?
      • RichardW
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 2, 2009
          Many many years ago when I worked in a fish store, we had these "Thai Crabs" which look like the image you found and perhaps yours. These things would not only climb out of their tanks and travel long distances, but seemed to be able to find water and then find a way into it. I remember this one crab that would climb out, go across the parking lot down the block across heavy traffic, into a pet shop and into a particular dog's water dish. It was only by chance a store employee brought him back to us just to do it again and again. Even after drain the dog dish, that crab found a different dog's dish to go to.

          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 2, 2009
            That is too funny. I would imagine he will get out again then, so I will look in the dogs water dish if he is missing again.

            thanks Rich

            From: RichardW wd6esz@...