Water Chem Test kits

  • trandall55
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22, 2009
      I need to get new water tests. Was wondering what test kits you all like the best for reef systems.

      Right now, I have a Hagen Master test kit < and the reagents are getting dated> and a smaller API kit.

      Am looking to upgrade and would like to know what test kits you think are the best.
      Thanks in advance for any help.
    • Tom McDorman
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2009

        I get a 12 month supply of boxes, and send a sample out each month.

        I've been extremely please with their analysis. I get their report via email.

        McD

        Tom McDorman
        VP & General Manager
        Enterprise Storage Solutions
        Western Digital Corporation

        *****************************

        Sent from my handheld device. Please forgive typos.

        On May 22, 2009, at 1:42 PM, "trandall55" <randall@...> wrote:

        I need to get new water tests. Was wondering what test kits you all like the best for reef systems.

        Right now, I have a Hagen Master test kit < and the reagents are getting dated> and a smaller API kit.

        Am looking to upgrade and would like to know what test kits you think are the best.
        Thanks in advance for any help.

      • Terri Randall
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2009

          Sounds like a very thorough way to test but I don't want to have to send my water off. I'm looking for good quality home test kits that I can perform myself.

          Thanks though.

          Terri Randall

          Creature Comforts

          Sheridan, WY.

          www.GotPaws.net

          APS List Owner

          Message 4 of 5 , May 22, 2009
            I've always been happy with LaMotte, but not sure if you want to spend that much. Also I hear people are very happy with those "mail in" testing places as well.

            Rich

            Message 5 of 5 , May 22, 2009
              Yeah.... I don't want to mess around with mailing my water samples in. I've never heard of the LaMotte? Where can I find them for more info?

              Terri Randall
              Creature Comforts
              Sheridan, WY.
              www.GotPaws.net