RE: [ReefKeeping] Quick question [pink tank]

  • Tom McDorman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2008

      I realize I’m responding to this question quite some time after the topic was launched.

      About two years ago, I experienced a pinkish color in my tank immediately after upsizing a pump in my filtration system.   The ultimate cause was too much flow through my PhosBan reactor, and it was causing the Ferrous Oxide granules to break into tiny particles small enough to escape into the my main aquarium.   What had seemed like a great idea to increase phosphate removal, was, as is always, something that created far more work than it should have.

      For what is worth.

      McD