Sick of these diatoms!~HELP!!

  • Annie
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 12, 2008
      Well guys, unless I find a way to get rid of these diatoms, I am
      getting out of saltwater. This is irritating! I can't turn my lights
      off, because I have a few corals that need the light, & some things
      don't open up till I put the lights on! I only feed every other day, &
      when I DO have the lights on, it is only from 12pm to 8pm...
      Is there anything I can use to stop this stuff?? It has me totally
      discouraged, & I'm tired of fighting with it! Annie
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ReefAquariums
    • Annie
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 14, 2008
        First of all, I did read - I just didn't know they lasted this long, or that they'd go away on their own.

        (2nd) This is why there are groups like this one (to learn),
        Not be chastised because you ask a question.

        (3rd) You have no right to be "annoyed" at me, because I'm not a professional like you!

        (4) I have (10) different groups, & (3) of those are aquarium groups, & I don't tolerate rudeness to any member because they don't know something- no matter how small. This is why the members enjoy the group & stay, unless they get out of the hobby. They don't have to worry about someone being rude to them.
        (5) I assume that you were new at this hobby at one time? So please don't tell me that you read a book "cover to cover" when you first started. I join the group/s to get most of my information from those that have knowledge that just may NOT be in books. It's called "hands on".
        I'm finished with this conversation.  Annie
        PS: This is my tank: I don't think it looks too bad for a novice: