8Jane Austen Society of Lancaster County

  • grosew46
    Jul 20, 2009
      Greetings,
      Do you have a particular subject you would like to discuss at one of our monthly meetings? If so, please let us know.
      Please plan to attend our August 2009 "Box Hill" picnic. Please plan to wear a costume. It will be beneficial to know how many we may expect to attend. It would also help to know what people plan to provide; i.e., hard cooked eggs, scones, Devonshire cream or lemon curd, cut up pineapple, basket of apples, loaf of homemade bread/uncut, perhaps little sandwiches, cheese, grape juice, or anything you think might have been served at a picnic in the 19th century. Also, bring your "Emma" to the picnic. If you would like to read one of your favorite passages from Emma, be prepared to volunteer to do so. We could also use a blanket to sit upon.
      Our last picnic was a great success and has provided our society with fond memories.
      Please let me know, via email, if you plan to attend and what you plan to provide.
      Most respectfully,
      Genevieve
      grosew46@...