Thanks for information on Fats Waller box set

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      > They came from the same source as Meritt, etc. (i.e Jerry Valburn,
      whose
      > P.O. Box No. that was).
      >
      > Howard Rye "Fats In Fact: the Reissues" (1993) records that these
      are the
      > complete Flip Wallace Associated transcriptions of 11 March 1935
      including
      > the two unissued masters, followed by the Associated transcriptions
      of 7
      > August 1939, complete including all unissued material except for a
      very
      > short breakdown of Nagasaki from matrix 2145.
      >
      > (The breakdown of Nagasaki was eventually issued on Stash STCD528)
      >
      > The Honeysuckle Rose set was almost reissued in France on Nec Plus
      Ultra
      > 502.003/006/011, but for some unknown reason the French set omits an
      > incomplete version of E Flat Blues from the second LP.

      > howard@c...
      Thanks for the information on these-I see them listed in Rust as
      Muzak-Associated. I knew that box set of Fats Waller i saw at this
      used record store i go to was worth picking up for $1.Even minus
      booklet i knew i could find out details of recordings on it- I also
      look for used Lp's on the Saville label they frequently get in for $1-
      There are a lot of good 1920's and 1930's British Dance Bands on
      that label- thanks, Linda