Re: [RedHotJazz] thanks for information on Cy Laurie Discog and recording

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2005
      on 31/7/05 2:04, jazzgirl1920s@... at jazzgirl1920s@... wrote:

      > <If no one knows the answers to these questions there is a Cy Laurie
      > discography in Gerard Bielderman's Euro-Dixie discographies series, which
      > has run to at least 5 editions (!) and would no doubt provide the answer.
      >
      > There is an LP with a quartet on Sunstreamer S/12L/A1 recorded at Eltham (a
      > London suburb) on 29 September 1984 called "Shades of Cy".>
      > Thanks a lot for this information- I don't have that discography but i would
      > sure like to find it.

      Gerard Bielderman's discographies, including Cy Laurie (I just checked), can
      be obtained directly from Gerard, whose website is at
      <http://www.edjackson.ca/gerardbiel/>

      He calls them "Euro-Jazz" rather than Euro-Dixie discographies (I
      mis-remembered) and there are 149 volumes listed, as well as some other
      series, including Raymond Lee's "Sounds of New Orleans" discographies.

      He doesn't appear to take credit cards but Norbert Ruecker certainly stocks
      them and I'd be surprised if some of the American book dealers who are
      mentioned from time to time on this list don't keep them as well.