Re: [RedHotJazz] Wax cylinder recorded 2012 in the the home of Bix with Andy Schumm et al

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15 4:58 PM
      Here is a 78 recorded by Andy Schumm's Flatland Gang appr 2011:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iboYk7RFsKM

      Compare the sound quality with this R.T. Davies re-pressing from the original 1928 master of Junie Cobb and His Grains of Corn:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spcNJr1Mr70

      Which recording has better sound?

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16 7:26 AM
        And while comparing these versions, I came across a whole pile of Youtube videos of a totally amazing young female stride pianist, Stephanie Trick.  Here is a link to just one of her many offerings presented here.  This is just too good not to share.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5CNcH1Tjw4

        and a bonus:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WHMvz4iQN0

        WOW!

        Two cents
        Bob Blackard

        --  feets a-poundin' in northeast Connecticut!  --