Re: [RedHotJazz] Wax cylinder recorded 2012 in the the home of Bix with Andy Schumm et al

  • RD Blackard
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013
      Hi All!

      And check the associated links that Youtube shows with this video.

      Two cents from
      Bob Blackard
      (first post here for some time - sorry to be such a lurker)

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013
        Here is a 78 recorded by Andy Schumm's Flatland Gang appr 2011:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iboYk7RFsKM

        Compare the sound quality with this R.T. Davies re-pressing from the original 1928 master of Junie Cobb and His Grains of Corn:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spcNJr1Mr70

        Which recording has better sound?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
          And while comparing these versions, I came across a whole pile of Youtube videos of a totally amazing young female stride pianist, Stephanie Trick.  Here is a link to just one of her many offerings presented here.  This is just too good not to share.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5CNcH1Tjw4

          and a bonus:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WHMvz4iQN0

          WOW!

          Two cents
          Bob Blackard

          --  feets a-poundin' in northeast Connecticut!  --