Re: [RedHotJazz] Wax cylinder recorded 2012 in the the home of Bix with Andy Schumm et al

  • Robert Dewar
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013
      So very cool! Thanks for posting

      On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Wjv6K0c-4

    • RD Blackard
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013
        Hi All!

        And check the associated links that Youtube shows with this video.

        Two cents from
        Bob Blackard
        (first post here for some time - sorry to be such a lurker)

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013
          Here is a 78 recorded by Andy Schumm's Flatland Gang appr 2011:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iboYk7RFsKM

          Compare the sound quality with this R.T. Davies re-pressing from the original 1928 master of Junie Cobb and His Grains of Corn:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spcNJr1Mr70

          Which recording has better sound?

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
            And while comparing these versions, I came across a whole pile of Youtube videos of a totally amazing young female stride pianist, Stephanie Trick.  Here is a link to just one of her many offerings presented here.  This is just too good not to share.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5CNcH1Tjw4

            and a bonus:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WHMvz4iQN0

            WOW!

            Two cents
            Bob Blackard

            --  feets a-poundin' in northeast Connecticut!  --