Re: Hal Le Roy

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2013
      Below is the link to the complete Vitaphone clip that contains Hal's tap dance solo starting at 6:48. Seems that this was a Brooklyn Vitaphone studio recording done 1931 when Hal was only 18 years old. It is most plausible that the band was a Vitaphone studio band. (Seems to me that the sound is better in the full clip.)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJoXy0sbVTo

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2013
        The dancer is John Leroy Schotte, born 1912. His biggest problem
        was his baby face. Just too youthful looking.

        I suspect he's with a studio orchestra. I have 20 recordings of the
        period for "Dinah" and none sound like the group in question
        although they are quite professional.

        Jim