Wax cylinder recorded 2012 in the the home of Bix with Andy Schumm et al

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Wjv6K0c-4

    • Robert Dewar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2013
        So very cool! Thanks for posting

        On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Wjv6K0c-4

      • RD Blackard
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013
          Hi All!

          And check the associated links that Youtube shows with this video.

          Two cents from
          Bob Blackard
          (first post here for some time - sorry to be such a lurker)

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013
            Here is a 78 recorded by Andy Schumm's Flatland Gang appr 2011:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iboYk7RFsKM

            Compare the sound quality with this R.T. Davies re-pressing from the original 1928 master of Junie Cobb and His Grains of Corn:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spcNJr1Mr70

            Which recording has better sound?

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
              And while comparing these versions, I came across a whole pile of Youtube videos of a totally amazing young female stride pianist, Stephanie Trick.  Here is a link to just one of her many offerings presented here.  This is just too good not to share.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5CNcH1Tjw4

              and a bonus:

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WHMvz4iQN0

              WOW!

              Two cents
              Bob Blackard

              --  feets a-poundin' in northeast Connecticut!  --