Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Armstrong's 1929 Mahogany Hall Stomp - different speeds

    Message 1 of 21 , May 14, 2013
      Hello Robert

      JRT's website is, I regret, lost and gone.

      But Nick Dellow's excellent interview is still available at

      http://www.vjm.biz/articles9.htm

      All Best

      Dave
    • Andrew Homzy
      Message 2 of 21 , May 29, 2013
        We've had interesting discussions regarding re-creations of KOCJB and ODJB - but what about NORK?

        Besides Art Hodes' "Friars Inn Revisited", are there other tributes or re-creations?

        Cheers,

        Andrew
      • ALAN BOND
        Message 3 of 21 , May 30, 2013
          Just last year, Andy Schumm & Keith Nichols organised as session to re-create the work of the Halfway House Orchestra at the Whitley Bay Classic Jazz Party and some video of this is on Youtube.
          TTFN - 007

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 21 , May 31, 2013
            Wingy Manone recorded in 1934 with Sidney Arodin & Santo Pecora (I think it was) under the name of the NORKs. The sides recorded certainly do not represent a recreation but may be seen as a tribute. Perhaps.

            Robert Greenwood.

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 21, 2013
              Hello all

              I hate to use such a procedure, but I need to let you know that I have just deleted a message coming from Alan Bond’s account, publicly displaying the email addresses of several recipients.
              Be this intentional or not, it is not the first incident of the kind. A few months ago I had to suppress a couple of spam messages (porn ads, IIRC) sent to the group from this account. I tried to get in touch with Alan (twice), but neve received any reply.

              I hope the problem will be solved when, as stated in the message, BT has “abolished” (?) Alan’s email address... but I have no guarantee that this was not another fake, so I suggest email subscribers who may have received it to be careful (and please, never display lists of private addresses on a public website, use the CCi line if you really need to cross-post anything).

              Best wishes, and thanks to those who keep this group somewhat alive.

            • ALAN BOND
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 21, 2013
                Hi Folks,
                                 Sorry about that but I have been trying to get my address book sorted before this Email address dies the death on 16th Sept.
                TTFN - 007

                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 22, 2013
                  What's happened with Alan's e-mail account, and my own, is that British Telecom have until now offered a free webmail account, tied in with the e-mail for their own customers. Now you have to become one of their customers if you want to hang on to your mail account as hitherto, with the archive of past e-mails, either a full customer or one who pays modestly for an e-mail service. I'm stuck paying for mine, at least for the time being.
                  It is annoying that the notification of this was not accompanied by a warning that people with the same sort of account were liable to be spammed with fake messages advising about the change. At least the service is good enough to let subscribers discover that some supposed official mails come from Polish addresses, or even aol accounts (a free service which remains free).
                  I shouldn't imagine anybody else will get mails associated with this changeover.
                  I remember a few years ago there was a news story about a spamming centre closed down, and immediately after that spam reduced drastically. The volume does seem to have been increasing again more recently, though I have never had any experience like that of working within a German university, before the responsible parties realised they needed to block mails which went to absolutely everybody.
                  The current changeover is just a business wrinkle -- and I thought it worth while reassuring other list members. Since I am not changing my account I am not inconvenienced as Alan is.

                  all the best,
                  Robert R. Calder