Mike Meddings contact info needed -

  • Andrew Homzy
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2013
      Hello,

      I'd like to contact Mike Meddings.

      If you have his email, please send it off-list.

      Cheers,

      Andrew
    • ROBERT R. CALDER
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013
        For new every chorus in a blues/ barrelhouse accompaniment
        try Robert McCoy accompanying "Peanut the Kidnapper" c. 1937.

        I don't have the details to hand, but the accompaniment is startling resourceful.

        I have seen reviews in which Delmark's CD of McCoy material was mis-described as a combination of the two LPs recorded by the enthusiast Pat Cather in the 1960s, when he had found McCoy.
        Actually it's only the first of the LPs, with additional material from even later. Wonderful performer, of an Alabama piano school between Jabo Williams and Walter Roland, whose style he echoes on another pre-war recording.  His recorded connection with Ms. Bogan, who achieved a startling stridency by singing fractionally off the note, seems to have been confined to playing piano on sides by a band under her name.

        Alas no return for Charles Avery!

        Robert R. Calder