Re : [RedHotJazz] Re: Clarence Johnson - also: musical signifying

  • ikey100
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2013
      While Andrew's remarks about pianists' signature endings are interesting to consider, I must say that I've always thought Yancey's Eflat endings might be a sort of "rehoming" of his ear at the end of a piece. That is, consciously returning his ear/mind to a prefered tonal center before stopping. Not in a superstitious way or anything, but just in the way that a largely self taught brain might have become habituated to doing. Just a thought...

      Warren