Re: [RedHotJazz] Raggin the scale with Adrian Rollini

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012
      I love your musical tastes, at least in this instance.

      Thanks for the treat and the names of the violinist and guitar players.
      I had a
      video of this some years ago. It was from a 1984 BBC presentation. Keith
      Nichols
      sent it to me. There is also another take audio only which I have.

      There is also a video of Rollini playing the tubular bells in "Chinatown."

      For those interested in Rollini there are two radio presentations on my
      website
      jimmiejazzarchive.com

      Jim Baldwin
      On 12/11/2012 12:09 AM, Mordechai Litzman wrote:

      > Here is some very spirited jazz that is sure to please and inspire:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_daQ4v06ek
      >
      > Here is the 1930 original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6jDdE5tVR0
      >
      > The great (and under rated) Adrian Rollini plays bass sax on this
      > 1930 recording.
      >
      > Another great recording of Rollini from 1935 where he plays
      >
      > four mallet xylophone
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bDKvDJdMhM
      >
      > If you didn't know what four mallet xylophone is (like me) this
      > recording explains it:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdNzCNQmGG0
      >
      > Have fun! (If u don't like my musical tastes, just hit that little red
      > x on the top left...)

    • liviolaurenti
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012
        Hi there,

        lovely video of Adrian Rollini ! However he pays four mallet vibraphone - vibraharp (not xilophone)
        .

        Cheers , Livio