Raggin the scale with Adrian Rollini

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2012
      Here is some very spirited jazz that is sure to please and inspire:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_daQ4v06ek

      Here is the 1930 original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6jDdE5tVR0%c2%a0

      The great (and under rated)  Adrian Rollini plays bass sax on this 1930 recording.

      Another great recording of Rollini from 1935 where he plays

      four mallet xylophone:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bDKvDJdMhM

      If you didn't know what four mallet xylophone is (like me) this recording explains it:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdNzCNQmGG0

      Have fun! (If u don't like my musical tastes, just hit that little red x on the top left...)

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012
        I love your musical tastes, at least in this instance.

        Thanks for the treat and the names of the violinist and guitar players.
        I had a
        video of this some years ago. It was from a 1984 BBC presentation. Keith
        Nichols
        sent it to me. There is also another take audio only which I have.

        There is also a video of Rollini playing the tubular bells in "Chinatown."

        For those interested in Rollini there are two radio presentations on my
        website
        jimmiejazzarchive.com

        Jim Baldwin
        On 12/11/2012 12:09 AM, Mordechai Litzman wrote:

        > Here is some very spirited jazz that is sure to please and inspire:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_daQ4v06ek
        >
        > Here is the 1930 original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6jDdE5tVR0
        >
        > The great (and under rated) Adrian Rollini plays bass sax on this
        > 1930 recording.
        >
        > Another great recording of Rollini from 1935 where he plays
        >
        > four mallet xylophone
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bDKvDJdMhM
        >
        > If you didn't know what four mallet xylophone is (like me) this
        > recording explains it:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdNzCNQmGG0
        >
        > Have fun! (If u don't like my musical tastes, just hit that little red
        > x on the top left...)

      • liviolaurenti
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012
          Hi there,

          lovely video of Adrian Rollini ! However he pays four mallet vibraphone - vibraharp (not xilophone)
          .

          Cheers , Livio