Toast Of New York

  • eslonina
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 18, 2012
      Hello - Have there been any more developments on this issue?

      Thanks so much,

      --Ed Slonina

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Jim <jimmiejazz@...> wrote:

      > I am a member of the ToNY group and have been for
      > some 15 years. The side of the Hotsy Totsy Boys was
      > from my own 78 collection.
      >
      > ToNY (The Toast of New York) is pretty loosely run and
      > we are not exclusivists at all.
      >
      > The website is way out of date but we are all volunteers.
      > We just need someone to step up and bring it up to date.
      >
      > I will forward your email to a member in NY to see what
      > might be the impact on our resources if many of the RHJ
      > folks wish to become members.
      >
      > Jim Baldwin

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 19, 2012
        Hi Ed-

        I've forwarded your email to the main guide of the ToNY group.

        There may be a problem in accommodating a large influx of new members
        as it all voluntary effort. I'm just one of the early grunts who is also
        on the
        RHJ list.

        We have a website but it is way out of date so it is a problem to even have
        potential new members review it.

        Either I or the guide will get back to the RHJ .

        Thanks for your patience and continuing interest.

        Jim
        On 11/18/2012 2:20 PM, eslonina wrote:

        > Hello - Have there been any more developments on this issue?
        >
        > Thanks so much,
        >
        > --Ed Slonina
        >
        > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:RedHotJazz%40yahoogroups.com>, Jim <jimmiejazz@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am a member of the ToNY group and have been for
        > > some 15 years. The side of the Hotsy Totsy Boys was
        > > from my own 78 collection.
        > >
        > > ToNY (The Toast of New York) is pretty loosely run and
        > > we are not exclusivists at all.
        > >
        > > The website is way out of date but we are all volunteers.
        > > We just need someone to step up and bring it up to date.
        > >
        > > I will forward your email to a member in NY to see what
        > > might be the impact on our resources if many of the RHJ
        > > folks wish to become members.
        > >
        > > Jim Baldwin

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 19, 2012
          I discussed this with one of the ToNY guides. He says the ToNY group is
          interested particularly as long as the new people wanting to join are able
          to bring something to the club archives as "trades" of interest to us.

          Please look at our now-defunct website here:
          http://www.tonycds.com/

          Not all of the pages are public but those that are will help you decide
          if the ToNY group is a fit for you. Ask if your involvement will help
          the ToNY group. ;-) We___/know/_ we can help you if you are interested in
          pre-1950 jazz and pop.

          We need to how many RHJ folks are interested in joining ToNY?

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 19, 2012
            Please ignore, wrong reply to wrong message