Re: [RedHotJazz] Annette Hanshaw, Puritone 1041

  • Bob Smith
    Message 1 of 61 , Oct 16, 2012
      Dear Patrice,

      Thnks for the information about Annette Hanshaw - using the pseudonym 'Dot Dare'.

      Unfortunately the Tiny URL to E-Bay didn't work. Is this because the page has already been deleted?

      As you probably know, the four sides recorded by Annette, using the pseudonym: 'Dot Dare' were listed in 'Jazz Directory' (Carey & McCarthy Vol. IV - 1952), but only the Harmony issues are noted..

      If anybody needs the details (recording date, matrix Nos., the other two titles, and the Harmony issue Nos.), I can send these off-list.

      Kind Regards

      Bob Smith

    • Nigel Burlinson
      Message 61 of 61 , Oct 17, 2012
        Annette was issued as "Dot Dare" on:

        Diva 2792/Harmony 792H (I Wanna Be Loved By You & Is There Anything Wrong In That?)
        and
        Diva 2829/Harmony 829H (I Faw Down An' Go Boom) & Don't Be Like That)

        Nigel