Re: [RedHotJazz] Lonnie Johnson

  • Andrew Taylor
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 25, 2012
      Read an anecdote somewhere about Django listening to Armstrong's Savoy
      Blues recording for the first time, saying "mon frere" or the like and
      flipping out - partially because in his view Lonnie Johnson's guitar was
      out of tune (I think Johnson's solo is excellent, maybe the annoyance
      was really St. Cyr's banjo which sounds a bit off to me listening to it
      right now). To me it's a great solo, just eclipsed by Armstrong on an
      exceptionally good day.
      Andrew

      --
      Andrew Taylor, MLS