Re: Is it Benny Goodman? YES!

  • Niku
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2012
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel Burlinson" <burlinson@...> wrote:

      > Annette Hanshaw's recording of "I Don't Know Why" was recorded for Harmony
      > on September 22 1931 under matrix W 365035-2 with the personnel:
      > Benny Goodman (clt), Mannie Kelin (tpt), Irving Brodsky (p), Eddie Lang (g), Artie Bernstein (b)
      >
      > He had previously recorded it under the pseudonym "Midnight Minstrels"
      > for Regal, England (MR 499) under matrix W151797-2 on September 18 1931
      > with the personnel:
      > Benny Goodman (clt & as), Charlie Tegarden (tpt), Glenn Miller (tbn),
      > Sid Stoneburn (as), Larry Binyon (ts), Irving Brodsky (p), Johnny Williams (d) plus
      > unknown tpt, g, b, Smith Ballew (vocal)

      ---
      Thanks for that. Now I can go ahead with my YouTube posting. It's nice to know that there is always someone here who can help with such questions; however, since I plan on posting about forty more videos, that would take a great deal of time. Therefore, I have ordered the book "Moanin' Low" by Ross Laird from Amazon. It cost about $150, but it will save me a lot of time, at least I hope it will. Thanks, again.