Ned Miller

  • Niku
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2012
      The song "What'll You Do" came out in 1927. Annette Hanshaw's recording shows (Cahn and Miller) as the writers of the words and the music. Another website featuring Sophie Tucker's version shows (Gus Kahn and Ned Miller). However, my searches for "Ned Miller" say that he was born in 1925. Does anyone know anything about Mr. Miller? Granted, this may seem trivial, but I'm only asking because I want my own notes on a video I have posted to be accurate.
    • Tom Bingham
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2012
        The "Ned Miller" who was born in 1925 is a country singer, best known for
        his 1962 hit "From A Jack To a King", and for writing the song "Dark Moon"
        in the 50's. Different fellow altogether.
        Tom Bingham

        On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Niku <xyzagain@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > The song "What'll You Do" came out in 1927. Annette Hanshaw's recording
        > shows (Cahn and Miller) as the writers of the words and the music. Another
        > website featuring Sophie Tucker's version shows (Gus Kahn and Ned Miller).
        > However, my searches for "Ned Miller" say that he was born in 1925. Does
        > anyone know anything about Mr. Miller?

      • John Leifert
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2012
          (My first time replying to the Group!)... The composers of the 1927 "What'll You Do?" were actually Chester COHN and Ned Miller. It was published by Leo Feist Inc. in 1927. Hope that helps!

          John Leifert

          John Leifert
          Research Editor
          getty images
          75 Varick Street, 5th Floor
          New York, New York 10013
          P: 646.613.4119
          F: 646.613.4601
          john.leifert@...<mailto:john.leifert@...>
          www.gettyimages.com<http://www.gettyimages.com/>

        • Rich Conaty
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 14, 2012
            Add "Songwriter" to his name, and you'll find his Wikipedia entry. He was
            born in 1899. John is right, he wrote with Chester Cohn, who is also
            Chester Conn, and an ASCAP search takes you to the same songs.

            On Friday, September 14, 2012, John Leifert <john.leifert@...>
            wrote:

            > (My first time replying to the Group!)... The composers of the 1927
            "What'll You Do?" were actually Chester COHN and Ned Miller. It was
            published by Leo Feist Inc. in 1927. Hope that helps!

            > John Leifert
            >
            > John Leifert
            > Research Editor
            > getty images
            > 75 Varick Street, 5th Floor
            > New York, New York 10013
            > P: 646.613.4119
            > F: 646.613.4601
            > john.leifert@...<mailto:john.leifert@...>
            > www.gettyimages.com<http://www.gettyimages.com/>

            Rich Conaty

            *The Big Broadcast* Sundays 8-Midnight 90.7 WFUV-FM & www.wfuv.org
            Support *The Big Broadcast* with a WFUV Membership
            https://support.wfuv.org/
            All other things *Big Broadcast* www.bigb247.com